Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    What ever happened to our PRE being able to download maps and routes for our next day's appts? or Auto emailing people that you will be late?

I think theres other things that first got me really excited about the PRE, but now that I have it, I sort of forgot about. Anyone want to shed some light or add to my list?
    I had the "notify meeting attendees" reminder pop up for me when I was running late a few weeks ago. I don't know how it knew I was running late, though. My guess it that it assumes based on not dismissing the reminder, though I would think I've done that before. It's possible that I haven't seen it because I haven't been on the road (I doubt it, but it *could* be watching your gps location and seeing rapid changes at meeting time), though I doubt that.

I'd love to know how it works.

I have to say, it was cool to have the option to email the attendees on my meeting request.. via the automatic "I'm running late..." message that it created when I tapped the button. It was so cool, in fact, that I had to show it to the iPhone-carrying people in my meeting.
    Is this a feature only supported if you're using outlook?

This is something I'm missing from Agendus- and really liked their idea of sending via SMS messages updates on the appointment. Much more useful than email "running late" messages IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcivic View Post
    What ever happened to our PRE being able to download maps and routes for our next day's appts? or Auto emailing people that you will be late?

I think theres other things that first got me really excited about the PRE, but now that I have it, I sort of forgot about. Anyone want to shed some light or add to my list?
    According to the new Pre commercial, the device reads your mind, so it KNOWS you don't really want/need to use those features!
    The Pre doesn't currently do anything with GPS and appointments/meetings... One of the cooler features that got me excited about the Pre--and it's not even here...

The "Notify Attendees" button comes up every time any notification appears for a meeting, nothing special.

I too, recall the hype about having directions, maps, etc for your appointments, as well as the automatic late popup if you won't be on-time... this would require some sort of background/embedded version of Sprint Navigation... and seems rather complicated, but hell--this was one of their most touted features... it should be here, or at least have been mentioned as "in the works," or something.
    no 'Thanks'
    so its not related to having gps on or the other location services on?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    so its not related to having gps on or the other location services on?
    The gps-based late notification system does not exist at this point. It was pure marketing hype/trickery.

I hope they give it to us eventually.
    no 'Thanks'
    I totally forgot about this. Why'd you have to bring it back up? I wanted to love palm because of this phone/OS, but besides releasing it they've done nothing but make me scratch my head and ask why. Besides making the sdk avalible, tjat was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]