1.    #1  
    Okay, I was initially very impressed with the NFL Mobile app... until I got a text message today (yes, a Jets fan) "Leon Washington contract talks 'heating up'. Read the full story in NFL Mobile Live."

Seriously?! With all the advancements the Pre has in notifications, and the way that this application notifies you of alerts that you sign up for is via SMS?

Sort of ridiculous if you ask me. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out in case anyone hasn't gotten any alerts yet. We all get texting free on the Pre, it just makes no sense whatsoever to do it that way.
    Probably because nfl mobile is available on other devices that don't have notification ability and this is the simplest way to do it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    wow, all people do is ***** on here.....

omg, i freakin text!
  4.    #4  
    I've said this in another thread already. The Pre is Sprint's flagship device. Dumbing down the NFL app experience because that's how it's done on other devices is a poor excuse.

There's absolutely no reason that they can't use Mojo Messaging Service to push notifications directly to the device so that it can be done properly. I mean, like I said, the Pre uses probably the most advanced notification system out there... there's no reason to dumb it down and use text for news updates and information of that sort.

I like texting myself, but this is a bad use for it and it's disappointing that Sprint (well, Hands-On developed it) didn't take the time to do it right.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've said this in another thread already. The Pre is Sprint's flagship device. Dumbing down the NFL app experience because that's how it's done on other devices is a poor excuse.

There's absolutely no reason that they can't use Mojo Messaging Service to push notifications directly to the device so that it can be done properly. I mean, like I said, the Pre uses probably the most advanced notification system out there... there's no reason to dumb it down and use text for news updates and information of that sort.

I like texting myself, but this is a bad use for it and it's disappointing that Sprint (well, Hands-On developed it) didn't take the time to do it right.
    I agree. With this advanced notifications system, alerts shouldn't be over SMS. Seems lazy to me.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Whats the big deal? So its a text, you got the alert, got the information, and it didn't cost you a thing. I think I actually prefer that b/c I can hear my text notification, not the little half second default sound.
  7. JSX
    It's version 1.25 for NFL, and im hoping that they will step it up on later versions. I like to think that TPTB and all working at 100MPH to fix many issues that go in with the pre. Im not going to freak out about anything the app does until the regular season starts.