Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I am still loving my Palm TX with its PIM, music, video, games, wifi, etc. capabilities. There are a few apps and games that I would love to have on my Pre, but I am wondering how functional some apps can be without the ability to use a stylus.

How are other people working around this?

Pamela
    ...having some difficulty with stylus accuracy on Astraware Solitaire on the Palm TX...will I go blind trying to play on the Pre?

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    I think the newest version of classic gives you the ability to pinch-zoom in on items so you can select them with your finger.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Accuracy can be a challenge for some widgets, not so much for others. Depends on the app. The pinch-zoom works but not fluidly, and of course it limits how much of the screen you can see while you use it. I only use it if absolutely necessary. Still, for the apps I use, Classic works fairly well.

Also, it seems my accuracy at tapping on cards in Solitaire (e.g. SolFree) has improved with practice.
    Also my biggest beef. Classic is nice, but can't beat native apps. I guess it's just a stopgap anyways.
    I've found it difficult, but doable. I have to agree with deviousrlm...classic is just a stopgap. I know I'll migrate to native Pre apps once they come available. Trying to touch a little scroll arrow on the edge of my screen gets, well, trying.
    The few Apps that I use work very well in Classic. However there are a few apps that I would like to see how they work in Classic. However they will not run at all.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    but I am wondering how functional some apps can be without the ability to use a stylus.

How are other people working around this?
    I thought the Pre screen was a capacitive screen? In that case a capacitive stylus should work.

Haven't tried it, but I know there were a couple of threads on this forum last month about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I think the newest version of classic gives you the ability to pinch-zoom in on items so you can select them with your finger.
    Correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    I thought the Pre screen was a capacitive screen? In that case a capacitive stylus should work.

Haven't tried it, but I know there were a couple of threads on this forum last month about it.

We tried some styluses and can report they work well. The other option is to use pinch and zoom feature.
    (A member of our team is also trying to run a special diet for "fat fingers", and it's not working for now. Still needs pinch/zoom. Will keep you posted)
    Which styluses work well? I tried the Pogo stylus for the iPhone, and it's much too insensitive. I have to press down pretty hard, and I'm afraid I could crack the screen. The manufacturer's web site says it's because the Pre's screen is plastic and reduces the capacitative response.
    We tried Ten One Design T1-AF25-100 Pogo Stylus, Stylus Pen CLIP and Universal Touch Screen Stylus Pen CLIP.
    any guess as to when HotSync will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    any guess as to when HotSync will be available?
    We would rather not guess, because release of Classic new versions is tied to release cycle Palm has for the webOS update releases. However, the HotSync feature is ready to roll and will hopefully be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    We tried Ten One Design T1-AF25-100 Pogo Stylus, Stylus Pen CLIP and Universal Touch Screen Stylus Pen CLIP.
    Thanks, but I was looking for some more helpful details. As I wrote earlier, I found that the Pogo stylus required an inordinate amount of pressure. Do you have links to the other manufacturer's styluses, and do they work better than the Pogo?

Edit: found some user reviews on Amazon, and the CLIP stylus is probably not even as good as the Pogo. I think there will have to be some improvements in the design to make them more sensitive before I would consider using a stylus with the Pre.