Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    To those who are waiting, like me, for a Bible application for the Palm Pre there are several web-based Bibles out there that we can use for the mean time. Although these are designed for the iPhone they work just fine on the Pre. Here's a couple of these apps.

1. Cybercron's Bible: The Bible
    2. iBibleSpace: iBibleSpace

If you know other good working web-based Bibles that work on the Pre kindly post a link to them too.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Thanks for the links - I knew about iBibleSpace, but not Cybercron's.

Do you find the iBible a bit on the buggy side? Sometimes I have to scroll around to get anything to show after selecting a passage, otherwise a blank screen is all that shows.

There's also this one:

Clearsight: The Bible
    Last edited by jp99; 07/25/2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added Clearsight link
    I love Laridian Bible products. They are not web based. I hope they do an app for webos.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Yes, I hope Laridian will come up with a Palm Pre version. I am also hoping that Rick Myers is going to develop Pocket e-Sword version for the Pre.
    perhaps if a bunch of us email laridian, they will consider it! I did already!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    It seems the 3 Bibles mentioned above all show blank pages when books on the lower part of the page are opened. So we have to scroll up to see the top of a new page.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    perhaps if a bunch of us email laridian, they will consider it! I did already!
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I've also emailed Olive Tree and asked them to support the Pre. Would be nice to have some sound choices for our native Pre Bibles.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Last edited by noaxis2; 07/26/2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: errors

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Best IMHO and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $not$ $included$ $above$ $is$ $www$.$enetbible$.$com$

Very nice and not buggy like the similarly formated but brown themed site
    Last edited by windzilla; 07/26/2009 at 03:21 AM.
    I've created a bible app and is currently looking for beta testers. go to palmpredeveloper.glifechurch.com
    Quote Originally Posted by billaking View Post
    I've created a bible app and is currently looking for beta testers. go to palmpredeveloper.glifechurch.com
    I couldn't find a functioning link to the app. All I see is a big picture of the Pre and some text.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    good stuff
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Couple that I have used that I don't see mentioned. Sorry can't post links yet.

Blue Letter Bible - lots of commentaries and study tools

Bible Gateway
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This may sound elementary to the super-users, and I know the link noaxis2 posted is correct, but for those who don't know the difference, make sure to link to the mobile sites to get the best experience. (ie m.biblegateway.com)

I look forward to seeing a good app on this that has some additional features. Thanks for the work!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i like the esv bible @ palmpredeveloper.glifechurch.com, thx for the link. i like the text entry search for both navigation and search strings. very tight format
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billaking View Post
    Is this a native application?
    THANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOU
    I have been using biblegateway, but these are great!!!!
    CRoSSoVeR
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    This really should be an App.

Are there any online Bibles that allow access to their API, so that we can query their web content from a Palm app?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    For those who are LDS, http :// scriptures (dot) lds (dot) org/

It's the king james version of the bible, for other faiths too. It just has the rest of my churches standard works included, with cross referencing by the touch of a word and such. Pretty slick.

sorry haven't posted enough for links yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast