Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Awsome! Works like a charm, already have downloaded and installed 3 apps on my gf Pre, and they all installed without a problem. You rock! Great job!
    Quesiton, will this allow you to install programs that otherwise needed rooting? like my tether? I would love to get my tether on my pre but don't want to root....
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    This app doesn't solve a big problem. Its the chicken and the egg. You have to use the sdk to install Coaster, but you want to install coaster bc you don't know how to use the sdk.
    Yeah, or *can't* install in my case (Mac OS 10.4 user). So sad
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    This app doesn't solve a big problem. Its the chicken and the egg. You have to use the sdk to install Coaster, but you want to install coaster bc you don't know how to use the sdk.
    Yep, it does not solve this issue but sure saves a lot plugging and un-plugging the USB cable. It is great to go to the Homebrew via the phone and download directly from there.
    You don't know one person with a Windows XP SP2 computer or a mac that is running Leopard? Ask a friend if they can help. You only need to do it once , install coaster, and you can uninstall it from their computer.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    When Dieter wrote his piece on fileCoaster and Jason's app yesterday I decided today would be the day I change my Pre's virgin status. I installed Jason's app and used it to install fileCoaster. Following the instructions both installs were flawless. Used fileCoaster to install Carpenter's Level (don't know why that was the one I chose) again installed as advertised. Fantastic work Brian.
    I'm a total noob. How do you install the ipk with sdk?
    Ok so I need to use my compute in order to have filecoaster on my pre? Can someone give me the link to the sdk?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    This is great! Thanks for your hard work!
    Can someone help me here?
    Im a new-be to this and im trying to out this app on my pre but can not figure out how I got the sdk from palm but like i said not sure were to go from there
    Dude we're on are own. Nobody here wants to help us, but im going to try that link i put up and ill let you know what happens.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    You can use the WebOS Quick Installer which is java to install fCoaster. WebOS Quick Installer
    Thanks PreGame. Do i install WebOS from my pre or computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Formeriphoneuser View Post
    Dude we're on are own. Nobody here wants to help us, but im going to try that link i put up and ill let you know what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmastr1x View Post
    Im a new-be to this and im trying to out this app on my pre but can not figure out how I got the sdk from palm but like i said not sure were to go from there
    There is an entire thread about how to install IPK apps on to the Pre using the SDK method. If you need help please follow that guild and post your finds there. There is also a new GUI app that was written about on the front page of PreCentral. Don't just ask for help. Help yourself first and then seek guidance.

Tim
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 07/26/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Could someone please tell me where to download this app and how do you install it on the pre?
    What a way to set the bar! Good Show!

This is why Palm kept the shell as bog as possbile so the community can make it they way we want it

This apps is simply so freaking awesome!!!
    OK using PreGames link I've downloaded WebOS Quick Install and I'm downloading now Novacom
    Alrighty ...

Been deving on the pre non stop since I picked one up last week. Haven't had any trouble installing / rooting / adding optware packages, using the terminal plugin, etc.

I palm-install -d usb com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk

and it reports the correct usb device during the install package output:
    copying c:\Palm_Dev\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk to /media/inter
    nal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk on device castle-linu
    x (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:62968)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.
    0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:6
    2968)

I don't see the icon in the launcher, and palm-launch -l doesn't show it installed. And I can't palm-install -r it either.

Other ipk files are working for me, such as the google voice dialer, and a bunch of play around apps I've been working on. (as in, I can install and uninstall them at will via the sdk in the same way I'm trying to get filecoaster on there)

Is there some way to get more verbose output from the install process, or what should I try to illuminate what the issue might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisharrison View Post
    Alrighty ...

Been deving on the pre non stop since I picked one up last week. Haven't had any trouble installing / rooting / adding optware packages, using the terminal plugin, etc.

I palm-install -d usb com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk

and it reports the correct usb device during the install package output:
    copying c:\Palm_Dev\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk to /media/inter
    nal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk on device castle-linu
    x (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:62968)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.
    0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:6
    2968)

I don't see the icon in the launcher, and palm-launch -l doesn't show it installed. And I can't palm-install -r it either.

Other ipk files are working for me, such as the google voice dialer, and a bunch of play around apps I've been working on. (as in, I can install and uninstall them at will via the sdk in the same way I'm trying to get filecoaster on there)

Is there some way to get more verbose output from the install process, or what should I try to illuminate what the issue might be?
    I just extract the ipk and copy the source directory to the usb drive. then run a script I made.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    sudo cp -rf /media/internal/tmp/* /var/usr/palm/applications/
    sudo /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    sudo rm -rf /media/internal/tmp/*
    That works fine with all homebrew I have tried. But thanks to this wonderful app and all the people responsible, I don't have to do that any more
    Last edited by fain; 07/26/2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: updated the script