Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    Great job! After the app is installed you can take it out of Dev mode and everything still works. Thank you to everyone on this site for your great work. Keep it up!
    Last edited by rrkarman; 07/26/2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Wanted to add my thanks and kudos for this great app. It definitely fills a major hole in the WebOS browser, and makes it much easier for me to try out homebrew apps (and download other files) I find online. Again, much obliged! {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    need help..how do i get fcoaster app. pn my pre???
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    need help..how do i get fcoaster app. pn my pre???
    Yes, how? I know how to cut/copy/paste the link. But what is install the .ipk with the "SDK" mean?

I am on the road. No computer. Just my stock non rooted, non dev mode pre.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    rite..i need to know how to get the filecoaster app.
    Thank you. Worked great with the Scientific Calculator app
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    YES THIS IS HUGE! this solves all the problems people were having with the sdk and their windows vista issues. this is it!
    Nice start ... we can use more than one app catalog.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    need help..anyone know how do i install the filecoaster app.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jleigh355 View Post
    How do I install filecoaster? I need step by step plz. I copied and pasted the link but don't know where to paste it. Is there an app I need??
    +1

The instructions say, "All you need to do here is browse to the PreCentral.net Homebrew App Forums on your Pre. If you're logged in, there will be a text field box next to every .ipk attachment - just tap that, copy it, and paste it into this app. Voila - you are downloading and installing homebrew applications without needing the desktop."

1. I've browsed to the PreCentral.net Homebrew App Forums on my Pre.
    2. I'm logged in.
    3. I've clicked on "Email Attachment" next to the filecoaster attachment.
    4. I've opened the email with the link to filecoaster and tapped it to download.
    5. I've looked for filecoaster app to launch from the "launcher" (every page).
    6. I see nothing.

Any help?

Follow up ques to make sure I understand next step: Once filecoaster is successfully installed on Pre, we copy "download urls" from the homebrew apps we want to install and paste them into filecoaster to get them to install?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas View Post
    Ok, somewhere along the line I got something wrong here. I've downloaded and installed the SDK, I've downloaded and installed the latest version of JAVA, I've downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Install, but when I try to install the FileCoaster app by dropping it into the Quick Install app it tells me "ERROR: No Device Found." My Pre is connected with the USB cord and is in Dev Mode. Can someone please help me here. I am running Windows Vista if that helps. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.
    Make sure the novacom driver installed correctly it took 3 or 4 times for mine to install on vista
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    +1

The instructions say, "All you need to do here is browse to the PreCentral.net Homebrew App Forums on your Pre. If you're logged in, there will be a text field box next to every .ipk attachment - just tap that, copy it, and paste it into this app. Voila - you are downloading and installing homebrew applications without needing the desktop."

1. I've browsed to the PreCentral.net Homebrew App Forums on my Pre.
    2. I'm logged in.
    3. I've clicked on "Email Attachment" next to the filecoaster attachment.
    4. I've opened the email with the link to filecoaster and tapped it to download.
    5. I've looked for filecoaster app to launch from the "launcher" (every page).
    6. I see nothing.

Any help?

Follow up ques to make sure I understand next step: Once filecoaster is successfully installed on Pre, we copy "download urls" from the homebrew apps we want to install and paste them into filecoaster to get them to install?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    You don't want to click on the email attachment. You want to copy the link that is below it in the open text field. Take that URL and paste it in the fileCoaster app and click 'download'

Edit: I am sorry. You are asking how to install fileCoaster. You can use WebOS installer for that or the SDK. I mistakenly gave directions on how to use the fileCoaster app.
    Last edited by dtokarz; 07/26/2009 at 10:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    copy the link an then what...how do you download-install fc app.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Yes, how? I know how to cut/copy/paste the link. But what is install the .ipk with the "SDK" mean?

I am on the road. No computer. Just my stock non rooted, non dev mode pre.

Thanks
    Just what it says, you have to install the ipk with the webos sdk on your computer or a rooted pre. To copy/paste hold the gesture area down and click on "C" to paste do the same thing but use "V"
    I think the problem people have is they don't have the sdk and don't know how to install filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicanamerican View Post
    Just what it says, you have to install the ipk with the webos sdk on your computer or a rooted pre. To copy/paste hold the gesture area down and click on "C" to paste do the same thing but use "V"
    There is so much confusion in this thread. The filecoaster app is not even installed yet. I will just have to wait until I get home to install the Sdk on my computer then install filecoaster.

I (we) were under the impression this could be installed on a non rooted pre. Grrr...instructions for these things are so damn cryptic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    There is so much confusion in this thread. The filecoaster app is not even installed yet. I will just have to wait until I get home to install the Sdk on my computer then install filecoaster.

I (we) were under the impression this could be installed on a non rooted pre. Grrr...instructions for these things are so damn cryptic.
    I have created the first Palm Pre GUI downloader/installer that does not require ROOT access. First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK and from then for now (until we get the public repository up) you.

Thats the first paragraph. You really aren't rooting the pre, just gaining access to it with the SDK and putting your phone in developers mode. I did this first try. Just follow the instructions on the SDK download page to get everything installed.

After that its a walk in the park.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I thought this was a way for downloading homebrew apps totally without the need for a desktop, but you need to be able to install the SDK on your desktop first, is taht right?

Bummer. I have Mac OS 10.4 and you need 10.5 for above for the Mac SDK download. Guess those of us with 10.4 are still SOL.
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 07/26/2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: quoted wrong poster
    This is a huge step forward in the Development and distribution of Homebrewed apps. Do we know how to associate ipk files with this application? This way we could just click links instead of copy and paste. It would be amazing if we could do this.

Also, just to report an issue I had. I wasn't able to upgrade Twee using Coaster. I was able to do it using ipgk in the terminal app though. Any idea why?

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    This app doesn't solve a big problem. Its the chicken and the egg. You have to use the sdk to install Coaster, but you want to install coaster bc you don't know how to use the sdk.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast