Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    Ha ha, installed my first app usinf FC. Registered on my pre to gain access to this feature. Nice.

Installed prepoch ota. Beautiful.

Should it say "press" or "tap"?

This also ends my first post via the pre. I guess that is 2 first.
    my biggest complaint is that it does not update apps if they are already installed. ie: i have blocked 0.7 installed, i tried to install 0.8. it downloads and "installs" but in all actuality, does nothing. it would be nice if it was able to see it was already installed, prompt if we want to reinstall/update, then either update or uninstall and then reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    my biggest complaint is that it does not update apps if they are already installed. ie: i have blocked 0.7 installed, i tried to install 0.8. it downloads and "installs" but in all actuality, does nothing. it would be nice if it was able to see it was already installed, prompt if we want to reinstall/update, then either update or uninstall and then reinstall.
    I updated my Twee app perfectly. Maybe there was an error in your installation process. Have you tried upgrading another app?
    This is great and I love it. You rock dude!
    "I'm more Palm than Apple ever since I got my Pre!" - v12
    How do I install filecoaster? I need step by step plz. I copied and pasted the link but don't know where to paste it. Is there an app I need??
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ha ha!!!!! Freakin awesome!!!!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    this works great loving the app great work
    Thank you for a great app! This also works to download PDF's from websites and view them in PDF View. I know 2 people that returned their Pre early because the couldn't download PDFs from the web.
    Sweet... just grabbed PreCheckers!

Poor Apple. No Homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1900 View Post

Poor Apple. No Homebrew.
    Dont forget about cydia or how ever you spell it. Apple does suck but there is a homebrew community out there for jailbroken iphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1900 View Post

Poor Apple. No Homebrew.
    Sorry to disappoint you but theres been a homebrew app installer on the iphone for a while. cydia, installer, icy, with hundreds of apps to download. plus you can manually add sources whch gives you access to more apps. hope something like this comes out soon for the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Terminal has many other features and has its own repository.
    Terminal comes from the preware.org repository, and that repository is designed to be able to be accessed from any GUI application installer (such as fileCoaster). Since the ipkg repository format is an open standard that has been around for about 10 years, I would hope that all Pre GUI application installers would support it by default. There's no reason why Terminal (or any another freely redistributable homebrew application) shouldn't appear in multiple package repositories.

I wanted to make it non editable as I prefer this application be managed by precentral and myself. We don't want to give Palm the wrong impression by people taking the open source and changing it into a full blown app catalog.
    Fair enough.

Precentral is already in the works of making a list of all their applications. Since precentral.net has most of the homebrew apps I did not want to create another repository.
    I hope that Dieter and Marcus have realised that the easiest way to do this is to publish it as a standard ipkg repository feed, then their repository can be accessed by *any* Pre application installer (including the 'ipkg' command that Palm built into the Pre itself), giving the widest possible audience for homebrew applications, and a level playing field for GUI application installers to compete on features instead of trying to perform a Microsoft-style lock-in between the GUI application and the repository.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I hope that Dieter and Marcus have realised that the easiest way to do this is to publish it as a standard ipkg repository feed, then their repository can be accessed by *any* Pre application installer (including the 'ipkg' command that Palm built into the Pre itself), giving the widest possible audience for homebrew applications, and a level playing field for GUI application installers to compete on features instead of trying to perform a Microsoft-style lock-in between the GUI application and the repository.
    Rod - the solution we are working on will have an open ipkg repository feed for all to use.
    best apps ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
    don't even need it developer mode!!!!!!!!!!!
    nope, developer mode just opens ports for usb access, or so i believe...
    this is on the pre, its a new turn in development my friend
    great app, especially the fact that it can download files!
    application works great!!!!
    Last edited by Luin; 07/26/2009 at 06:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    How can I copy text from a web input field, when running in the emulator?
    When you say "make sure your pre is not full," are you talking about the ob memory being full, or is there a limit to the number of apps we can have. I still have 6GB of memory. Will I be capped at the number of apps I have even if I have a bunch of memory left?
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast