Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1245
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    URL install has been fixed. If you have 1.1.5 you can update to 1.1.6 via fileCoaster. If you have 1.1.4 or earlier you will need to update via preware, webos quick install or palm sdk.

Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I haven't looked at the code but I would think that fileCoaster could take advantage of the new Download Manager API to download files.
    It already does.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Works like a charm - thanks!
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    Works, thanks for speedy recovery!
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    will try it out now. Sending you a $5 contribution for this great APP!!!!
    wewt wewt.. thanks!!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I noticed something today when trying to update from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6. It seems sometimes WebOS is caching the ajax data so it is not updating the files attributes correctly. I found restarting the phone cleared the cache and detected a change in filecoaster.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I updated file coaster on Preware then restarted my phone. now it doesn't work!?
    Why am I getting " An Error occurred.... Exception:timeout" when I hit the homebrew list option?

And I have v1.1.6 filecoaster on opening page displaying.

UPDATE: OH thank god it works now!!! I can see the apps listed. :-)
    Last edited by Cezasf; 11/19/2009 at 09:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    The timeout occurs when precentral.net is taking too long to respond

I was trying to use the file coaster (I had 1.1.1) to update to the new version but it keep clocking (spinng the wheel) when I try to load it. I read that I had to load that via webquickinstall which I tried but I also get NO DEVICE FOUND. I've disabled anti virus and done all the other suggestions but no luck, I still get NO DEVICE FOUND. Any other way to load the file coaster new version? Thanks.

-CK
    Update: I went through the process as described on my laptop (windows xp) and no problems. Maybe has something to do with Windows 7?

Go figure.
    @ciscokid

No, you just didnt read the thread about installing webosquickinstall on Windows 7. works great for my netbook
    Can someone help me please? How do I get rid of v 1.4 and download the new improved filecoaster. I'm at work, computer savvy, but don't have the time to look for all of this stuff.

I also have PreBrew. Does that work anymore. Where is the latest file of .ipk for me to download and install to the Pre? Or does PreBrew not work? ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    voltageROCK, download the Prewarehttp://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware, which in my opinion is a little better than the fileCoaster (yes I still have both on the Pre). From within the Preware you can select installed Applications and from there you can delete them. Note: after deleting but before loading them again do a cold reset and yes back up your profile before you do anything, but you are computer savvy so you most likely know all that.

Good luck.
    Bjarne Winkler
    the latest version that I have for filecoaster is v1.1.4. I ran my updates for my phone, and now my filecoaster won't open. It just keeps attempting to load, but never does. It's telling me there are 269 applications, but it won't load. What do I need to do??
    Kity08, you need to upgrade to fileCoaster v.1.16. We all have had the issue you have after upgrading the OS to 1.3.1.

I had already Preware installed so I uninstalled fileCoaster from Preware before I re-installed the new release of fileCoaster. This is one of the reasons I have both Preware and fileCoaster installed if one is not working I can always hope the other will, plus you never know when the developer can fix the issues provoked by the new OS release.

Hope this helps, if not make another post with your needs.
    Bjarne Winkler
    If I copy an IPK file from PC to phone storage, can I then use filecoaster to install that file ? Reason being is that the url for the IPK I want points to a zip file which obviously I need to extract first so I can't point homebrew directly to the app.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    If I copy an IPK file from PC to phone storage, can I then use filecoaster to install that file ? Reason being is that the url for the IPK I want points to a zip file which obviously I need to extract first so I can't point homebrew directly to the app.
    you should be able in the URL to just point the url to '/media/internal/filename.ipk' If not i would recommend installing with WebOS Quick Installer

When I try to install an app, it says install error; but still installs the app.

Is that normal?
    Sprint Pre + Seidio super battery
    I am unable to open filecaoster. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Just upgraded to 1.4 and fileCoast stalls after notifying "Parsing app info."

Previous system upgrades have broken fileCoaster so I am not surprised this time. In fact, I expected it.
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW