Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94954555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1245
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Sorry guys there was an xml error. I have notified dieter to fix the feed. I will be posting an update shortly to fix some 1.3.1 issues.
    Thanks much! Just came on to say that WebOS 1.3.1 killed the latest filecoaster app 1.1.4 for me. Now just goes through the usual motions until when I would normally expect the apps to populate, they don't and the wheel just keeps spinning. Glad this is a global issue here and not something isolated.
    Preware works with 1.3.1. Filecoaster doesn't--at least not yet. Haven't uninstalled Filecoaster yet, but probably will unless it gets updated with a fix soon.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Guys, I'm trying to get palm to assist with the app since the update broke it. They seem to be taking their sweet time. Maybe poke them and let me know you are waiting for a fix
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    PreGame, thanks for the update. In the meantime, would you kindly suggest some easy work-arounds to update an app (like Remix) already on my Pre?
    Last edited by orlincom; 11/17/2009 at 10:03 AM.
    I am also stuck with a dead fileCoaster after 1.3.1

However I have noticed this unusual bit of info... maybe it will help.

1) open fileCoaster
    2) click "Homebrew List"
    3) wait like 30 seconds so it can load
    4) click on the "fileCoaster" menu at the top
    5) click "sort"
    6) select one of the sort options.

You will then see the current homebrew list of applications. However because the silly "loading" graphic is overlayed on top of the list you still cannot click on them.

Hope this helps someone figure out the problem.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I have an update and will be posting it tomorrow morning. I am holding off on posting it tonight because i am going to add a few bug fixes.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have an update and will be posting it tomorrow morning. I am holding off on posting it tonight because i am going to add a few bug fixes.
    Sweet. Keep up the good work.
    I don't have any issues with getting file coaster to work, but when it finishes downloaded it says "Install Error". Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to fix this? I certainly have enough HDD space and I've tried rebooting my Pre and nothing seems to let me install the apps. Please help.

Thanks
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Enough hard drive space is somewhat misleading. How many apps do you have installed?

The Pre is partitioned kind of funky... even though it has 8 Gigs of storage space... only a very small portion of that can be used for applications.

There is a good chance that if you have around 30 or more applications that you are out of application space... even though your Pre still probably has over 7 Gigs of space available.
    I have 16 apps installed and plenty of HDD space. I can install apps from palms app catalog without issue, just not from file coaster. It goes though the download process but then tells me that there is an "Install Error".
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    1.1.5 is released which fixes the download error and constant spinning error. It has a nasty temp fix until a better solution can be found for the 10 second function timeout. You will need to update fileCoaster with either Preware, Webos Quick Installer or the palm-sdk.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Thanks!! I See it in Preware! You will have to update feeds once you open the Preware to get it guys! .. .. :-)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    FC updated !!! Use Preware or WebOS Quickinstaller to get the update!
    Thanks to PreGame for working on this!
    I'm also running into the "Install error" problem when installing an .ipk by URL, but I can install the same .ipk from WebOS Quick Install, and I can install homebrew apps from Precentral in Filecoaster. Anyone know what the problem might be?
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    so no direct download?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    still seem to not be able to use the URL download feature
    Thanks! I was able to download filecoaster from preware and it works with no issues now.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    I'm also running into the "Install error" problem when installing an .ipk by URL, but I can install the same .ipk from WebOS Quick Install, and I can install homebrew apps from Precentral in Filecoaster. Anyone know what the problem might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    still seem to not be able to use the URL download feature
    Fix coming in about an hour.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I haven't looked at the code but I would think that fileCoaster could take advantage of the new Download Manager API to download files.
    PreGame, I cannot copy the text from the IPKG Log from the Preware installation program, but the Return value is 22. Hope this helps.
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!