Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1245
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Ok, so I am trying to download fileCoaster, so that I can download the my notification app- to change notification alerts (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/my-notification)

I have been following the directions from this:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

I have successfully done step 1- check jave
    I have successfully done step 2- download webOS quick install
    I have successfully done step 3- developer mode
    But I can not do step 4- download and install!
    I click on the file coaster link. then I scroll down to download fileCoaster. I click on it. The
    brings up a box to say save, or find a prgram online to open it. But the computer never
    finds anything to open it.
    SO my question is how do I download the file (fileCoaster) so I can drag it to webOS quick install to put it on my pre?

I have windows vista.
    Last edited by racechick08; 10/09/2009 at 09:01 PM.
    Is FileCoaster still being developed? Will there be a new version any time soon?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    getting error too
    Check the bottom of the 1st post in theWebOS Quick Install v2.7 and beyond thread. Download it to pc, put phone in dev mode, on pc click on quick install and connect phone to usb, click on 3rd button down on right side in quick install scroll down to filecoaster and click to download.
    Is there a reason you guys are still using fileCoaster and haven't transitioned to Preware yet?

fileCoaster was cool when homebrew first came out and all but unless you are really nostalgic about it, it would probably be easier to just move on and get a modern program.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofahs View Post
    Check the bottom of the 1st post in theWebOS Quick Install v2.7 and beyond thread. Download it to pc, put phone in dev mode, on pc click on quick install and connect phone to usb, click on 3rd button down on right side in quick install scroll down to filecoaster and click to download.
    Thank you so much! It was such an easy solution, hehe. I do not know much about all these programs and things, so even the simplest things can confuse me. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    Is there a reason you guys are still using fileCoaster and haven't transitioned to Preware yet?

fileCoaster was cool when homebrew first came out and all but unless you are really nostalgic about it, it would probably be easier to just move on and get a modern program.

I was just going to ask since I just bought my Pre last week. Downloaded filecoaster first, then found Preware. Didn't think I needed both.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post

i just want an app to install and update app, dont need the other "non safe" bell and whistles that preware and preload offer. at one time i had all 3 on my pre. i'll stick with file coaster thank you very much.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Is FileCoaster still being developed? Will there be a new version any time soon?
    FileCoaster is not being developed. I am combining fileCoaster along with many more features into a new app.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ----------------------
    DISABLE APP LIMIT
    ----------------------
    1. Open WebOS Quick Installer
    2. Click on the IPKG Repo Viewer on the right.
    3. Select WebOS-Internals Feed (all)
    4. Select 'Fair Dinkum App Limit'
    5. Install

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

OKAY filecoaster had been working fine for me. I ran that repair utitlity and now some of my things are acting wierd - including file coaster when i hit the "homebrew list"

I try to run file coaster and like this major error appears.

exception:Failed while parsing, xml not found (followed by tons of lines of code)

what does this mean ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    exception:Failed while parsing, xml not found (followed by tons of lines of code)

what does this mean ?
    I had problems with these errors, off and on.

The first time, it turned out to be a wi-fi issue, in that I hadn't entered my firm's fresh wi-fi credentials.

The second time was very frustrating. I couldn't figure it out, until I realized that (1) I wasn't on wi-fi, but (2) I also wasn't on EvDo. No matter what I did, I couldn't get EvDo to come back until I reset the Pre. At that point, EvDo restored, I had no more problems with fileCoaster.

(I've since switched to Preware for the ease of installing patches, but fileCoaster's existence has added immensely to my enjoyment of my Pre.)
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I had problems with these errors, off and on.

The first time, it turned out to be a wi-fi issue, in that I hadn't entered my firm's fresh wi-fi credentials.

The second time was very frustrating. I couldn't figure it out, until I realized that (1) I wasn't on wi-fi, but (2) I also wasn't on EvDo. No matter what I did, I couldn't get EvDo to come back until I reset the Pre. At that point, EvDo restored, I had no more problems with fileCoaster.

(I've since switched to Preware for the ease of installing patches, but fileCoaster's existence has added immensely to my enjoyment of my Pre.)

I am attempting to delete and then re-install filecoaster now - will update.

(both wifi and bluetooth were off when i got the errors)

since the repair utility (i "fixed" to errors) my virtual keyboard is gone too -- even tho it was installed - and im having problems re-installing it

hrm... not sure what to do.
    removed file coaster - reinstalled - still same massive error

has anyone else ever seen this ?

if so, what do i do ?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    reboot your pre, its a known ajax issue with palm.

Ok so i did every thing to download the file coaster like they say to do but it will not show up on my pre what am i doing wrong i followed every step that they tell you in the instruction but and when i click install nothing happens and nothing is showing up on my pre. so is there is any on that can help me on this problem?
    any reason while file coaster shows only 239 apps and precentral app page shows 277? It used to only off by two to three apps.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    any reason while file coaster shows only 239 apps and precentral app page shows 277? It used to only off by two to three apps.
    it only shows apps that do not require root access or an additional plugin to run.

hi, filecoaster don' t star on my pre when click on homebrew list get an error; exception:failed while parsing, xml not found.

sorry for my bad english
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Same here. And reboot did not help.