Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1245
    You can still use WebOS Quick Install any version to get at least the apps installed, such as Filecoaster or Preware and Preload.

Just don't attempt to load the tweaks or themes, even though some do work but it's not worth it if you install one that doesn't work and then you have to do WebOS Doctor.

But use WOSQI (any version) to get Filecoaster, Preware installed, that does work!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2. JSX
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetneas View Post
    I have downloaded a lot of apps using filecoaster but now when I try all I get is an install error. Not sure what is wrong.
    I have the same problem. It says Install failed: Not enough Install.
    What's the command line to type at a root prompt to load filecoaster via the SDK root?
    Love FileCoaster, really makes installing "unofficial" Pre apps easy.

3 Enhancement Requests:

1. Add an option to preserve a record of the apps that have been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster (i.e., as opposed to relying on memory or a manually maintained list). As well, the record s/b revised every time FileCoaster is launched to check the record against what is still installed to remove those apps from the record that have been deleted. The record could easily be local but preferably s/b either server-based or in something that automatically goes in the Palm Backup profile (e.g., perhaps a Memo)... see 3. below for why.

2. Add a list filter or sort to display only those apps that have previously been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster using the record in 1. above in order to easily see what installed apps have been updated.

3. Add reinstall/restore option to batch install those apps that have previously been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster using the record in 1. above in order to easily reinstall/restore post-rebuild or even do batch updates. Give that Palm only restores "official" Pre apps from the Backup profile, this would enable a quick restore of the "unofficial" apps post-rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycpre View Post
    Love FileCoaster, really makes installing "unofficial" Pre apps easy.

3 Enhancement Requests:

1. Add an option to preserve a record of the apps that have been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster (i.e., as opposed to relying on memory or a manually maintained list). As well, the record s/b revised every time FileCoaster is launched to check the record against what is still installed to remove those apps from the record that have been deleted. The record could easily be local but preferably s/b either server-based or in something that automatically goes in the Palm Backup profile (e.g., perhaps a Memo)... see 3. below for why.

2. Add a list filter or sort to display only those apps that have previously been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster using the record in 1. above in order to easily see what installed apps have been updated.

3. Add reinstall/restore option to batch install those apps that have previously been downloaded and installed via FileCoaster using the record in 1. above in order to easily reinstall/restore post-rebuild or even do batch updates. Give that Palm only restores "official" Pre apps from the Backup profile, this would enable a quick restore of the "unofficial" apps post-rebuild.
    I like the suggestions...Thanks for putting this together.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetneas View Post
    I have downloaded a lot of apps using filecoaster but now when I try all I get is an install error. Not sure what is wrong.
    I have also had the same problem with FileCoaster but I don't thing the problem lies with the app itself. I have the same issue downloading files from the app catalog as well and if I delete one app I can then download one app to replace it via app catalog or FileCoaster. I have over 5 GB of memory left so I don't know why WOS 1.2 thinks I don't have enough. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue?

[Edit] For those interested, I did find out some info on this subject on other threads. Apparently the Pre's memory is partitioned and at this time only 256mb is partitioned for apps. Many people have had this problem and when you reach your memory limit you have hit what is called "the wall" and you have to delete apps in favor of new ones. Why the memory limit is so low is a mystery but most theorize that Palm will increase it with some future update once the App Catalog is out of Beta.
    Last edited by js1701d; 10/03/2009 at 12:38 AM.
    I just got a new refurb a couple days ago. When I tried to install filecoaster in developer mode, it shows that it installed on my desktop by dissapearing, but it actually did not install on my phone. What gives? Is this something to do with 1.2.1 update? Please tell me it does not and I am missing something simple.
    hey guys...u guys r having problems installing apps that gives u an install error bc there is a space limit...that supposedly palm is fixing soon(dont know when) the only way to get around this is to install Preware on ur pre using webOS quick install or install apps on ur phone using quick install and u wont have anymore problems...filecoaster doesnt have that ability yet
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This app is awesome
    Hey Maxima, did you read the message that was posted 2 before yours, the guy asked the same question and was nice enough to come back and edit his post and supply the answer to his own question after he searched for the reason.

He gave the answer, it's 2 messages prior to yours, just scroll up a bit.

Have to edit this message to give a more complete answer.

So far, nobody can get around the limit, not Preware, not WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad, Filecoaster.

They have to wait for Palm to do something.

They are also looking into placing some of the apps into our user space, the space we get to place our Music, Photos, Videos when you connect with your USB.

Right now, they are not allowed I believe to use our space, for some reason.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by JSX View Post
    I have the same problem. It says Install failed: Not enough Install.
    I got this same "installed failed: Not enough Install" yesterday after adding tweaks with Quick Install 2.7.2 I could not update or add new programs through file coasters. I removed programs and still no go. I removed all my tweaks and file coaster works fine. I added some tweaks back 1 at a time, and each time, it would not let file coaster add or updated, I would get the "install failed"
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryOh View Post
    I got this same "installed failed: Not enough Install"...
    Ditto. This started for me a couple weeks before the release of webOS 1.2. I have 6.8GB of memory. Any solutions?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Install yours apps with WebOS Quick Install or Preware and there is no Palm-imposed limit
    This is what Jason (developer of WOSQI and other apps) has to say in another thread about this download/update limitation. His suggestion to use Preware or WOSQI worked for me (when I had hit the wall with fileCoaster despite having 7GB available memory). I think fileCoaster will return to greatness if this glitch can be fixed.
    Last edited by liv2surf; 10/05/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Ditto. This started for me a couple weeks before the release of webOS 1.2. I have 6.8GB of memory. Any solutions?

Thx!
    ME
    Same here. If I udpate apps via Preware there are no issues though.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    This is what Jason (developer of WOSQI and other apps) has to say in another thread about this download/update limitation. His suggestion to use Preware or WOSQI worked for me (when I had hit the wall with fileCoaster despite having 7GB available memory). I think fileCoaster will return to greatness if this glitch can be fixed.
    PreLoad does the same thing, but what people are saying is all we are giving you is unlimited homebrew installs - you will still get the memory error when trying to install anything from the app catalog.

We use the same service as preware and do the same thing. It doesn't help you at all with the app limit - only allows more homebrew possibilities.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant, but here is what I get a lot:
    I keep getting the Load List error too? How did you guys fix this?
    I downloaded the app with no problems. It loaded onto my screen and when i push the app it comes up with the choose an option screen. when i press Homebrew List this is what i get:

"Exception:Failed while parsing, xml not found" error.

I have rebooted, taken the phone out of dev mode, and turned the wi fi off. Not sure what is causing this error. I have tried the previous suggestions in this thread but have yet to find one that works. Anyone have any additional suggestions?
    Hey are you using wos 1.2.1? I found that after updating to 1.2.1 filecoaster errors out. The graphics are not displayed but all the coding is showing listing the apps.
    I get the same Exception :Failed while parsing, xml not found
    Quote Originally Posted by amypd155 View Post
    I downloaded the app with no problems. It loaded onto my screen and when i push the app it comes up with the choose an option screen. when i press Homebrew List this is what i get:

"Exception:Failed while parsing, xml not found" error.

I have rebooted, taken the phone out of dev mode, and turned the wi fi off. Not sure what is causing this error. I have tried the previous suggestions in this thread but have yet to find one that works. Anyone have any additional suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvendredi View Post
    I get the same Exception :Failed while parsing, xml not found
    +1