Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1245
    Can someone tell me what is the difference between Preware, Filecoaster, and Preload. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    It almost seems to be a timing thing. It works during the evenings (lighter load?), but breaks during the day.
    I figgered it out.

At work (i.e., during the day), I use my work's wi-fi, which is heavily firewalled. FileCoaster won't load the apps. At home (i.e., during the evening), I use my home wi-fi, and fileCoaster works fine.

I just verified this by turning off wi-fi. Using EvDo, fileCoaster loads apps fine here at work.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I figgered it out.

At work (i.e., during the day), I use my work's wi-fi, which is heavily firewalled. FileCoaster won't load the apps. At home (i.e., during the evening), I use my home wi-fi, and fileCoaster works fine.

I just verified this by turning off wi-fi. Using EvDo, fileCoaster loads apps fine here at work.
    Glad to hear
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool988 View Post
    Can someone tell me what is the difference between Preware, Filecoaster, and Preload. Thanks.
    Preware uses a services so it can install apps that use services to run,

Filecoaster can only install apps that it displays in it's list,

Preload can do the same as filecoaster.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    those of you having issues using filecoaster try turning off the wifi and opening filecoaster and see if that works. It seems to work on the app catalog issue.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have downloaded a lot of apps using filecoaster but now when I try all I get is an install error. Not sure what is wrong.
    it keeps saying device not found wen i try to install file coaster
    as if my pre wasnt connected i have it in charge mode
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pancho2123 View Post
    it keeps saying device not found wen i try to install file coaster
    as if my pre wasnt connected i have it in charge mode
    do you have dev mode enabled?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Love the update notification red bars on the homebrew list. Nice high-end feature. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    was having a major issue with Preware yesterday after updating. Believe I have 2.53 update of Quick Install. When I tried to just open Preware it froze my phone to the point where I had to either pull the battery or hold power button while toggling silencer button!

Steps to attempt fix: deleted Preware. Went to QI and had no problems looking at apps to add or update, however when trying to install, the QI app and phone froze up. Verified Developer mode was active, and went to the "Restart Novacom" button on QI, but still a NO-GO.

Now I am having the same issues with Filecoaster, with a slight difference: I can open the program, and it actually moves quite quickly, however when I want to update Music(Remix) or download a new app (want to try Agenda), it freezes during the installing process...completely unresponsive

This cannot be good!

All other current functions of phone work properly, and I really, really.....really do NOT want to Doctor my Pre again!

Anyone with a good thought?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Just updated to 1.2 last night... Had filecoaster on it before and loved being able to download all the 3rd party apps straight from the PRE... Just wondering if it is ready for 1.2.
    After an issue w/ my Pre after the new OS upgrade to 1.2, they had me do a partial reset. That removed fileCoaster. And looking at instructions I found a posting that WebOS Quick Install does not work w/ 1.2. Any suggestions/help for me to put fileCoaster back on my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by drgwenut View Post
    Any suggestions/help for me to put fileCoaster back on my Pre?
    i would like to know this as well
    I would also like to know if there any issues using filecoaster 1.1.4 on WebOS 1.2
    fantastic work! love the filecoaster app.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is redundant, but here is what I get a lot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For 1.2, I think we'll need to instal fileCoaster from the root - which is easy to get to with the 1.2 SDK. How do I install from the root though?

I'm now at the following root prompt:

root@castle:/#

how do I install from here?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've been using FileCoaster for quite some time now and I love it! Suddenly today when I click on the Homebrew List I get "Load List Failed" and nothing shows up. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrame View Post
    I've been using FileCoaster for quite some time now and I love it! Suddenly today when I click on the Homebrew List I get "Load List Failed" and nothing shows up. Any suggestions?
    I had that problem using version 1.1.1 of FileCoaster on version 1.2.0 of WebOS. I downloaded the latest FileCoaster 1.1.4 (using the 'File URL Download' option) and it seems to work OK now.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The "Load List Failed" error magically went away. I hope it stays away!