Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1245
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creatorbri View Post
    By "the old way" you must mean with WebOS Quick Install. Yes, I can do that tomorrow night after I get my USB cable back from work (I've been without it over the 3-day weekend), but I'd really like to be able to actually use FileCoaster.

So... are you telling me that FileCoaster is just worthless to me now, henceforth and forever? That it's just plain ol' broken and there's no way to make it work correctly so I may as well give up?

If so, I'd really like to hear that from the developer.

Thanks.
    This is an app limitation built into palms appinstaller service. Supposedly they will be fixing it in the next major release. There is a limit on to how many applications can be installed.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Im having problems downloading the FileCoaster. HELP!!!!!
    Why do some of my newly updated apps have an "Updated" banner and have on the app page itself a button to "Tap to update" while other newly updated apps move up on the list (sorted by date order) but have no banner and have a "Tap to Download" button instead?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    This is an app limitation built into palms appinstaller service. Supposedly they will be fixing it in the next major release. There is a limit on to how many applications can be installed.
    PreGame,

I appreciate your response on this (and your great work on this app), however I guess I didn't sufficiently clarify the issue.

I am unable to UPDATE existing apps and even when I DELETE apps I am still unable to install OR update other apps. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I tried to download some new apps today and as soon as I click on the "Homebrew List" button, I get these messages. Please help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I too have been getting this error since 1.1.3, but I have not seen any explanation for it. Cm-on throw us a bone! I'm getting tired of uninstalling, installing just to get it to work.. Rebooting doesn't always work! This has been such a great project. It sucks that it doesn't always work the way it should...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I too have been getting this error since 1.1.3, but I have not seen any explanation for it. Cm-on throw us a bone! I'm getting tired of uninstalling, installing just to get it to work.. Rebooting doesn't always work! This has been such a great project. It sucks that it doesn't always work the way it should...
    I guess you don't read much. There are pages and pages on here explaining the cause of this.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

okay so basicall you can't install filecoaster with the .ipk link from the site, right? you have to install webos quickinstall?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    correct, you have to use a computer based installer to INITIALLY get it onto the phone.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbleo View Post
    I tried to download some new apps today and as soon as I click on the "Homebrew List" button, I get these messages. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I guess you don't read much. There are pages and pages on here explaining the cause of this.
    Reboot your phone.

A 3-word answer, Pre-Game. Took you more words to slam the dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by abner Barto View Post

Start by not typing in all caps.
    I'm sure this has been asked for already but I couldn't find it in this thread or elsewhere. I'm so glad the homebrew app selection is growing so fast, but the downside is the filecoaster app list on my pre is incredibly long. If I'm looking for a specific app, I have to scroll through them all til I find it. Can the apps be categorized and/or a search feature added? Great work everyone on filecoaster and the homebrew development in general. So many of these apps are what I feel the OS itself should have had out the gate!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rol7805 View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked for already but I couldn't find it in this thread or elsewhere. I'm so glad the homebrew app selection is growing so fast, but the downside is the filecoaster app list on my pre is incredibly long. If I'm looking for a specific app, I have to scroll through them all til I find it. Can the apps be categorized and/or a search feature added? Great work everyone on filecoaster and the homebrew development in general. So many of these apps are what I feel the OS itself should have had out the gate!
    Tap the word "fileCoaster" in the upper left. Up will come a menu. You can sort different ways. Or filter to a specific category (including "Updated" to show the items you have installed that have updates).

To search, just start typing. As you type, it will filter down to items that match.
    Can anyone help me. When I try to download new homebrew apps or update my home brew apps. It says install failed. Not enough install... I'm guessing the next word is space but I have 4.8 gb free and I oy have about 14 homebrew apps. Idk what is wrong
    It just says install failded not enough install... I have only 14 homebrew apps and 4.8 gb free. And it also won't let me update apps either. Idk what the problem is
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    EDIT: NEVERMIND I see the threads above now that I am on a computer. Hard to read all the threads on the Pre.

Anyone else getting XML code back on filecoaster? I'm at v1.1.4
    Last edited by Delta-9; 09/15/2009 at 08:53 AM.
    Hi, im having problems downloading applications from here.
    I read on a threat i have to get file coaster in order to downloap any app. right?
    But when try to download it, a message shows that i need a running program.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franco009 View Post
    Hi, im having problems downloading applications from here.
    I read on a threat i have to get file coaster in order to downloap any app. right?
    But when try to download it, a message shows that i need a running program.
    It would help to provide the step you've taken, as well as the exact error messages.

I'd suggest going to the first message in this thread and read it. Go to the link about WebOS QuickInstaller and follow the directions there. You'll need that to get fileCoaster on your Pre, in the first place.
    Sometimes when I am downloading/updating an app via Filecoaster the download freezes midway and I have to swipe back and then go in and try the download again. With some installs it takes 4 or 5 tries to get it to work. I love this app and will continue to use it but it would be great if someone knew what was causing this or if it got addressed in a future app update.

Great work though Pre-Game