Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1245
  1. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #981  
    there was an issue with the feed and it is now fixed.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  2. prognar's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #982  
    Any way to uninstall apps? I didn't see it in the OP. This should be in a FAQ since there are a lot of broken apps out there.
  3. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by prognar View Post
    Any way to uninstall apps? I didn't see it in the OP. This should be in a FAQ since there are a lot of broken apps out there.
    Same as every other Pre app from the catalog... Orange-tap or pick from app list. In other words, this is not specific to fileCoaster.

    Problem is, Palm hasn't done a good job of telling people this.
  4. prognar's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Same as every other Pre app from the catalog... Orange-tap or pick from app list. In other words, this is not specific to fileCoaster.

    Problem is, Palm hasn't done a good job of telling people this.
    Oh wow, thanks! Yeah, never knew that heh.
  5. Erik_c's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #985  
    I have an older PC with an older OS.

    When I connect my Pre and hit "just charge," I get :

    There was a problem installing this hardware: Palm Novacom
    The specified program requires a newer version of Windows.
    -----------------------

    Is there a way around this? or do I need to use a different PC?
  6. #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Problem is, Palm hasn't done a good job of telling people this.
    It's already in the user guide, what more do you want them to do, send a singing telegram to each Pre owner?



    Not to mention, it's been posted in these forums over and over and over again and yet people still keep asking how to do it.
  7. #987  
    I can't get filecoaster to start I get a timeout error.. Any ideas?
  8. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #988  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It's already in the user guide, what more do you want them to do, send a singing telegram to each Pre owner?



    Not to mention, it's been posted in these forums over and over and over again and yet people still keep asking how to do it.
    The manual that comes in the box with the Pre? I never got any manual that has 62 pages.

    What I did get was a tiny thing that says, on page 20, that I can visit Palm's website to access the User Guide.

    Now, I did that. But I can totally understand someone not realizing that this is a FULL user guide and not just an electronic version of the 22 page thing that came in the box.

    What companies need to do is put a sticker on products that says "This product does not come with a complete users manual. Please visit www.companyname.com/productname/manual.pdf to download the full instructions for this product. You will need them to fully understand how to use this product. If you cannot access this web site, please call 1-800-555-1212 to order a printed manual. A charge will apply for all printed manuals."

    As for it being posted here again-and-again, I'm not sure where in any of Palm's literature it said to come to precentral.net and go to thread XYZ to find out how to delete apps.

    I agree, people need to search before they ask. But my point was that Palm didn't make it easy for people to discover this nugget of information. Not that (some) precentral.net users don't search.
  9. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #989  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik_c View Post
    I have an older PC with an older OS.

    When I connect my Pre and hit "just charge," I get :

    There was a problem installing this hardware: Palm Novacom
    The specified program requires a newer version of Windows.
    -----------------------

    Is there a way around this? or do I need to use a different PC?
    Older OS? It would help us to know what OS you have. Is there a reason you didn't say? Are we talking Windows 3.0? Windows 95? DOS?

    In any case, based on the message, I'm guessing that you need to do what it says: use a newer version of Windows. While someone may have a hack for getting this to work, there are going to be a number of problems with using an unsupported OS. I'd recommend against it, particularly when doing something that could end up messing up your Pre.
  10. #990  
    uninstall is also in the device info app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    When I went to re-download the Switcharoo app via Filecoaster the phone reset or crash. When I access Filecoaster, it pulls up the list of apps just fine, showing 157 apps found, and i can see the description/ screen shots with no issue. But when I try to download, I get the download bar that comes up, which doesn't fill up at all, and then the phone crashes or resets.
    Anyone ever find an answer for this? I now get the phone-crash when I try to install any app from either Filecoaster or the App Catalog. I have a bunch of WebOS Quick Install tweaks that I am going to try and undo to see if that causes the problem... but if anyone has any solutions, please let me know!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 09/03/2009 at 09:41 AM.
  12. #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It's already in the user guide, what more do you want them to do, send a singing telegram to each Pre owner?



    Not to mention, it's been posted in these forums over and over and over again and yet people still keep asking how to do it.
    It's also been in the Tips and Tricks since June.

    I am kind of liking the singing telegram idea.

    - Craig
  13. Erik_c's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Older OS? It would help us to know what OS you have. Is there a reason you didn't say? Are we talking Windows 3.0? Windows 95? DOS?

    In any case, based on the message, I'm guessing that you need to do what it says: use a newer version of Windows. While someone may have a hack for getting this to work, there are going to be a number of problems with using an unsupported OS. I'd recommend against it, particularly when doing something that could end up messing up your Pre.
    Sorry, it is an XP machine. I meant to say that, but had to run. I did get it to install at work, but was trying to avoid using that machine.
  14. janrif's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #994  
    I don't know if it's been fixed. FileCoaster reports 179 apps when there are 184 & I couldn't update one of my apps.

    --
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  15. BOOM's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #995  
    Mine says "error no device detected" HELP PLEASE
  16. #996  
    how come i keep getting a long error message thing - and then if i restart it it works fine? and doesn't have the same number of apps as the online shows?
  17. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    I don't know if it's been fixed. FileCoaster reports 179 apps when there are 184 & I couldn't update one of my apps.
    Are you there 184 apps that can be installed with fileCoaster? Apps that require rooting or other means of installation not available to fileCoaster (Internalz, for example) don't appear. Which is why the numbers will differ.
  18. janrif's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    [snip] Apps that require rooting or other means of installation not available to fileCoaster (Internalz, for example) don't appear. Which is why the numbers will differ.
    Thanks, maybe that accounts for the difference.

    --
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  19. #999  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    The manual that comes in the box with the Pre? I never got any manual that has 62 pages.

    What I did get was a tiny thing that says, on page 20, that I can visit Palm's website to access the User Guide.
    Well, it's really simple....if people want to use a Smartphone like the Pre, then they are going to have to be smart enough to locate and read the manual for starters.
  20. #1000  
    file coaster is giving an error about there being a newer version of pack and track.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Posting Permissions