Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    great app! was just thinking about these options last night

one question: how do i access other files such as mp3's, photos, etc on my pre after i've downloaded them using filecoaster?
    When I click the attachment to install filecoaster it says cannot find an app that can open this file... What am I doing wrong? Anybody...
    You don't click the link. You need to copy the address of the file and then copy it into thr install app

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I just tested this with the comic app and it worked perfectly. Thanks for this! Looking forward to future developments.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ok, anyone else having problems simply copying the link?

i can highlight it just fine, but (orange) + C isn't working, and when try and if i go to edit > copy, i cant click it.

i cant copy ANYTHING from the web. whats going on?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Fantastic app!!

Just used to install "My Notification"
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    ok, anyone else having problems simply copying the link?

i can highlight it just fine, but (orange) + C isn't working, and when try and if i go to edit > copy, i cant click it.

i cant copy ANYTHING from the web. whats going on?
    I had the same problem, hold your finger on the gesture area (center button will light up) then hold down "C"

Then do the same for pasting "V" worked for me!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Awesome app!

In the future, I think that there should be a feature to run a query for *.ipk files on Precentral within this app and make the links install the apps directly. That way, this would be our own homebrew app catalog.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    I had the same problem, hold your finger on the gesture area (center button will light up) then hold down "C"

Then do the same for pasting "V" worked for me!

thank you, i feel like an *****.

/praise.

EDIT: this app is GENIUS!
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Awesome app!

In the future, I think that there should be a feature to run a query for *.ipk files on Precentral within this app and make the links install the apps directly. That way, this would be our own homebrew app catalog.
    There is already a public repository. This would be easier. I think this app is going to have some rapid growth
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi_ View Post
    One can clear the file location field by using the backspace key one URL character at a time. For the impatient ones, use shift-backspace to delete one word at a time.

I agree the button should take care of it all for the user to facilitate multiple url installs/downloads if necessary.
    Gesture + V pastes.
    Can the Prebrew installation method be used to install FileCoaster?
    Great app!!!! Now I only have to use the USB for syncing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It fits so well in the idea of the Pre being Cloud driven.

Hint for those that are complaining about having to backspace the URL. I just closed and re-opened the app.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    WOW
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    How do I access the directory /media/internal/downloads ??

I can't see it when using my Pre as a USB Drive.
    media/internal = default usb directory...

so when you go to the drive containing your pre usb, there should be a downloads folder?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Mine still says can not find a application which can open this file. Can someone please give me a walkthrough???
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    It says downloading, then downloaded, but never says installed.. I tried the my notifcation app and it did not install. Also, what if someone has multiple versions of the same app on the page. Which one will it download and install. I do not want an old version number.
    I've tested and verified that the newest version My Notification (with the _all.ipk ending) works with this isntaller.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    I've just added fleCoaster to preware.org, since it meets the criteria of being freely redistributable freeware with open source code (but just not modifiable).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre24 View Post
    Mine still says can not find a application which can open this file. Can someone please give me a walk through???
    YOU DO NOT CLICK ON THE DOWNLOAD LINK. You copy the URL of the app (put your finger on the gesture area and press C) goto the FileCoaster app and paste the URL you just copied (gesture + V). Then click the download link. This will download and install the app.

Please read all the instructions next time. They are on the first post.

Tim

----

Here's the walk through from the First post of the thread:
    1. Login to the homebrew forums from your pre
    2. Select the application you want and copy the download link from the textbox on the forums
    3. Paste the URL into the application.
    4. Click download.
    5. After the download is complete it will begin the install process if the file is an .ipk
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 07/25/2009 at 09:30 PM.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about