Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Not sure where the bug lies, but Active Home Screen is published on Filecoaster and on the Precentral homepage, but apparently is not open for downloading???

Shouldn't this be removed from the list if it is not actually available? This is quite a robust application and I am excited to get a chance to download it, but am concerned that it is not fully functional if it does not have its own thread for people to post on!
    What doesn't have its own thread? Active Home Screen currently has two threads: one for the private beta and one for the public.

Not that this has to do with fileCoaster, which just lists stuff in the catalog. The fact that there is an improper link in the catalog for AHS isn't fileCoaster's fault.
    Not sure where the bug lies, but Active Home Screen is published on Filecoaster and on the Precentral homepage, but apparently is not open for downloading???

Shouldn't this be removed from the list if it is not actually available? This is quite a robust application and I am excited to get a chance to download it, but am concerned that it is not fully functional if it does not have its own thread for people to post on!
    This has nothing to do with fileCoaster and such reports should be posted here or communicated to Pre|Central. It's simply a matter of the link in the gallery not being complete.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

AHS never uploaded the IPK so we are discussing removing it.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm at a point where I reached the limit of apps I can install on my Pre. So Preware is the only solution for me. Is there a chance filecoaster will ever allow us to install more apps?
    Yes, it is rumored palm will be fixing the install limit 'bug' in the next major update.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

I install WebOS Installer and I keep getting the "ERROR" saying that my phone or device is not Connected can some PLEASE HELP me!!! That is as far as I get it just keeps saying "Connecting to Device"!
    Any chance background checking for updates and notifications will be added?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by rider910 View Post
    I install WebOS Installer and I keep getting the "ERROR" saying that my phone or device is not Connected can some PLEASE HELP me!!! That is as far as I get it just keeps saying "Connecting to Device"!

probably should be asked in the webos install, but for me i have to plug in the pre after webos is up and running.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I updated Filecoaster but now after I open it, I click on homebrew list and get the following error:

Exception:Failed while parsing, xml not found

Last Request("version": "v1.1.4", "feed": "Starting feed", "oncreate": "oncreate called ", "parse": "parsing results called","xml": {"request":{"options":{"method":"get", "asynchronous":true, "contentType": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", "encoding": "utf-8", "parameters":{}, "evalJSON":true, "evalJS":true}, "transport":{"status"0, "onload":null, "statusText":"", "readyState":4, "responseXML":null, "responseText":"", "onreadystatechange":null}, "url": "http://www.precentral.net/precentral-homebrew-filecoaster.xml", "method":"get", parameters":{}, "body":null, "_complete":true}, "transport":{"status":0, "onload":null, "statusText":"", "readyState":4, "responseXML":null, "responseText":"", "onreadystatechange":null}, "readyState":4, "status":0, "statusText":"", "responseText":"", "headerJSON":null, "responseXML":null, "xmlfailed": "xml has failed"}

It looks like Palm has a booboo in their Ajax Request. I am receiving a status code of 0 with a readyState of 4, which usually means a success on requesting a local file, however I am not requesting a local file now am I???

You can try rebooting your phone to have the software try and recognize it is wanting to access a remote file or you can try turning off wifi and running fileCoaster then enable wifi after request is done.

Hopefully Palm can create a fix for this.

I tried rebooting to phone to no evail. wifi is off... I have started and restarted fileCoaster numerous times and still get this error!
    Sorry, operator head space and timing... Seems that somehow my phone went into airplane mode after fildCoaster restarted... Wierd
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperguy View Post
    I updated Filecoaster but now after I open it, I click on homebrew list and get the following error:

Last Request("version": "v1.1.4", "feed": "Starting feed", "oncreate": "oncreate called ", "parse": "parsing results called","xml": {"request":{"options":{"method":"get", "asynchronous":true, "contentType": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", "encoding": "utf-8", "parameters":{}, "evalJSON":true, "evalJS":true}, "transport":{"status"0, "onload":null, "statusText":"", "readyState":4, "responseXML":null, "responseText":"", "onreadystatechange":null}, "url": "http://www.precentral.net/precentral-homebrew-filecoaster.xml", "method":"get", parameters":{}, "body":null, "_complete":true}, "transport":{"status":0, "onload":null, "statusText":"", "readyState":4, "responseXML":null, "responseText":"", "onreadystatechange":null}, "readyState":4, "status":0, "statusText":"", "responseText":"", "headerJSON":null, "responseXML":null, "xmlfailed": "xml has failed"}

It looks like Palm has a booboo in their Ajax Request. I am receiving a status code of 0 with a readyState of 4, which usually means a success on requesting a local file, however I am not requesting a local file now am I???

You can try rebooting your phone to have the software try and recognize it is wanting to access a remote file or you can try turning off wifi and running fileCoaster then enable wifi after request is done.

I tried rebooting to phone to no evail. wifi is off... I have started and restarted fileCoaster numerous times and still get this error!

I get the same error...great! Now what do I do...I can't reinstall! I'll try to do it via the link that part seems to be okay.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88jr View Post
    I get the same error...great! Now what do I do...I can't reinstall! I'll try to do it via the link that part seems to be okay.
    i got the same after the last update.
    I now use both FileCoaster and PreWare together. I think that FileCoaster is the best HomeBrew app available for the Pre. Unfortunately I too have run out of space/slots for more software so I was forced to use PreWare but I don't like it because it does not have a description or pictures. So I still use FileCoaster to keep up with the latest files/updates then I go to PreView to actually install/update the files.

Rick
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    i got the same after the last update.

Seems a reboot fixed it.
    Trying to update to fileCoaster 1.14, but I get this error:

"Install Failed: Not Enough Install ..."

... Space?

That is most certainly the missing word, but it should still fit.

So I've been getting the "Install Failed: Not Enough Install ..." error message lately. I realize there is currently (ugh!) a 60 app limit for non-Palm apps on the device, but I only have 43 apps (including both homebrew, and App Catalog apps), and I still have close to 7 GB available on the device.

Also, tonight I got the error message while trying to UPDATE an existing app (specifically gDial Pro)!! I went in and deleted about 5 homebrew apps, also 1 App Catalog app, but it is still giving me the "Install Failed: Not Enough Install ..." error.

What gives?
    I get the same error time to time again. Reboot would fix it temporarily, but for some reason, the error would come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperguy View Post

How to update filecoaster via filecoaster keeps saying 1.0.0
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    @Pregame This not enough install space is also affecting updates. Is getting this fixed really a matter of waiting on Palm to fix something. Is there not a work around that you can implement or just change the way you install the .ipkg to something like WebOS Install or Preware?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    @Pregame This not enough install space is also affecting updates. Is getting this fixed really a matter of waiting on Palm to fix something. Is there not a work around that you can implement or just change the way you install the .ipkg to something like WebOS Install or Preware?
    No it will have to wait for palm. fileCoaster will not use a service to install like Preware does.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Online here at precentral I see that the Shoutcast app has been updated, but when I try to install it via filecoaster only the previous Shoutcast version is still showing. Is there a lag time between when aan app is updated on line, and when it's able to be seen in filecoaster on the pre?

Thanks

EDIT: I didn't realize there were 2 ShoutCast apps, so what I'm really seeing is that the Shoutcast app by (op9) isn't showing up at all in filecoaster, even though it's been on the precentral site for most of the morning? :-)
    Last edited by DavidJ; 09/02/2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Clarification needed