Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I was told by numerous Palm Reps it was done for a reason. Until the App Catalog came out of beta. Plus the limit that has been reported is 80 not 60, and actually its size not total number of apps thats blocked. Do not know where you got 60 from. According to the Palm Rep I spoke to, they blocked size of apps installed because of our community and homebrew.
    Don't know what palm rep you are speaking to much it was acknowledged by a palm dev as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuattitude View Post
    Still if this is a bug why will preware bypass it? As I noted and others we are able to bypass 60 and 80 by using preware and not other utilities. Just strange.
    preware bypasses it because they use the linux command ipkg to install while fileCoaster uses palms appinstaller service. Preware requires the installation of a 3rd party service in order to install apps, fileCoaster doesn't. The restriction is programmed into the appinstaller.

I have seen numerious files on the pre store data on applications which is why i am curious as to if preware adds this data manually to the files. Using the appinstaller service created by palm does this automatically.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Love the new version with update/version status
    Just thought I'd mention that when I first updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.3, the Homebrew App List came up blank. I mean when I first started FileCoaster, it said "174 applications found" at the bottom, but the label at the top said "All (0)" and the list itself was blank.

Restarting the app seemed to fix the problem.
    Also, I want to say Thanks, because this is a "Most Awesomest App™".
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I got the error but a restart fixed it.

However, when I use the filter to show only Updated apps, it shows 0. When I show all apps, I can see several apps marked as Updated in the list. So I'm not sure that filter is working right.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I got the error but a restart fixed it.

However, when I use the filter to show only Updated apps, it shows 0. When I show all apps, I can see several apps marked as Updated in the list. So I'm not sure that filter is working right.
    so when you open homebrew you click on the 'Updated' category and it says 'Updated (0)'?

When I try it i get 'Updated(10)' and it shows apps.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Can anyone give me an idea:
    How can I install filecoaster in a 1.1.0 world, with Linux on the desktop, only. (No access to macs or Windows machines.) I have my pre rooted. I do all kinds of stuff in linux all the time. (Hell I'm teaching a class on linux this week.) But I can't find anything out about how to get an ipk installed via linux. Halp!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    so when you open homebrew you click on the 'Updated' category and it says 'Updated (0)'?

When I try it i get 'Updated(10)' and it shows apps.
    Sometimes, it says (for example) "Updated(2)" but shows nothing.

And a pox on those apps (Super Hangman and Pre Chess, in my case) that always show up as being updated, even though the updates been installed.
    filecoaster is telling me i have 2 app updates, but not really. they are the same version.

the 2 apps are mine searcher and devmode launcher (guess i dont need this anymore).
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    filecoaster is telling me i have 2 app updates, but not really. they are the same version.

the 2 apps are mine searcher and devmode launcher (guess i dont need this anymore).
    See post #929. Not fileCoaster's fault.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I get an error trying to update an app saying I don't have enough memory. The same app will install fine with the WEBOS quick installer and everything worked in previous versions before 1.1.3
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Love the update, Would like to see it easier to navigate though.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Sometimes, it says (for example) "Updated(2)" but shows nothing.

And a pox on those apps (Super Hangman and Pre Chess, in my case) that always show up as being updated, even though the updates been installed.
    if you are in the middle of the app scroller and change the catagory you need to scroll back to the top. It is a list issue.

If it says there are 2 updates then make a swipe gesture to go to the top of the list.

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

• Fixed update check bug

Awesome update! Working just fine for me. However I was wondering if it would be possible to make a slight change to how it works.

When you are in the homebrew list and click sort by updated everything is working fine and it shows my apps that have been updated. Out of natural tendency from using this device I use the back gesture to try and go back to where I was. Gasp! It goes back to the main page! Ahh!

Actually, it makes perfect sense why this is happening because I am sorting the current list and that is how it is designed to work. What I was wondering is if you can make a separate line item under the drop down menu that checks for updated apps. Then have it "advance" one page forward to show the updated apps. That way when you use the back gesture it will take you back to the complete app list.

Now I have not yet completely gotten into the programming side of this phone so I apologize if this doesn't make sense. Also, if this would be difficult to implement with your current code structure, I wouldn't worry about it and just pretend this is just another thread saying filecoaster is not working. Either way, great work and awesome program!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post

• Fixed update check bug
    1.1.4: Trying to Update an app = Install failed, not enough memory
    I'm at a point where I reached the limit of apps I can install on my Pre. So Preware is the only solution for me. Is there a chance filecoaster will ever allow us to install more apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I'm at a point where I reached the limit of apps I can install on my Pre. So Preware is the only solution for me. Is there a chance filecoaster will ever allow us to install more apps?

i dont think so, they are trying to stay within the palm rules. we will have to wait until palm fixes this.

btw, i know longer have the false updated app issue.
    Last edited by Felipe; 09/01/2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added btw.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Not sure where the bug lies, but Active Home Screen is published on Filecoaster and on the Precentral homepage, but apparently is not open for downloading???

Shouldn't this be removed from the list if it is not actually available? This is quite a robust application and I am excited to get a chance to download it, but am concerned that it is not fully functional if it does not have its own thread for people to post on!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool