Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyswake View Post
    I'm having the never-ending search with filecoaster as well
    Same here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled filecoaster twice now and I still have this problem. Hope a fix to this is in the works.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    Same here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled filecoaster twice now and I still have this problem. Hope a fix to this is in the works.

re-installing it will NOT help. The only resolution is to reboot your phone or wait for your phone to clear the cache. It is an issues with palm's Ajax.Request
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Do you have any services installed?
    By services do you mean apps from the Palm app catalog? If so then yes I have a couple. Also I tried downloading another app from the Palm app catalog and my phone crashed again. So it crashes/reboots every time I try to install an app from Filecoaster or the App catalog. All the older apps that I have installed via Filecoaster and App catalog work fine.
    650700p755pPre
    PreGame, Thanks for a GREAT app and all the work you have put into it!!!!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    By services do you mean apps from the Palm app catalog? If so then yes I have a couple. Also I tried downloading another app from the Palm app catalog and my phone crashed again. So it crashes/reboots every time I try to install an app from Filecoaster or the App catalog. All the older apps that I have installed via Filecoaster and App catalog work fine.
    no services such as preware service or anything that you had to install via webosquick installer or by rooting the pre.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

i just got a pre and love it. i'm interested in downloading some apps, but i'm kind of a computer r-tard. from what i read, i have to download some of these items to be able to download apps? can someone walk me thru slowly please?
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybones View Post
    i just got a pre and love it. i'm interested in downloading some apps, but i'm kind of a computer r-tard. from what i read, i have to download some of these items to be able to download apps? can someone walk me thru slowly please?

anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybones View Post
    Welcome to P|C, barrybones!

You'll first want to download webOS Quick Install following the self-explanatory instructions in the first post here. From there you can use that to load homebrew apps, including fileCoaster (the one this thread is about), which will let you download apps directly to your Pre from the Homebrew Gallery.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Forgot to thank you for this great app! So, errr, thanks. :P
    Great program! Have been using it since released. That being said I have just ran into the problem some are having with the search loop. Have tried to reboot and uninstall/reinstall app. I also cleared browser history/cookies/cache to see if that helped. It did not. Has anyone found a way to resolve this yet?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 08/29/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    I'm having the same issue as everyone else, it appears. It used to be that rebooting my Pre would fix it, but now even that isn't working. I even tried shutting it off for a while, and that had no effect. It's a totally awesome program, which is why this is so frustrating.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    yea sorry the feed was down for a bit, it is now back up.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    edit: nevermind
    feed down again?
    whats up with filecoaster anyways?
    well im glad i have preware lol dont need filecoaster if you have preware
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

• Added notification of new updates
    • Added Sorting
    • Added Categories
    • Added number of downloads
    • Added reasoning for spinning wheel (cannot fix, as it is a ajax/palm issue)
    • Fixed timing issue
    • Fixed date issue
    • Fixed other small tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post

• Added notification of new updates
    • Added Sorting
    • Added Categories
    • Added number of downloads
    • Added reasoning for spinning wheel (cannot fix, as it is a ajax/palm issue)
    • Fixed timing issue
    • Fixed date issue
    • Fixed other small tweaks
    I'm trying to download the new version of Filecoaster via PreUpdate but when I click on "download now" it says "app is downloading" and just sits there with a spinning circle.

Could it be because the server is getting hammered with everyone trying to update?

Edit: I just used Filecoaster to update itself and it did within seconds. Not sure why PreUpdate was having problems.
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/30/2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added comment
    i just downloaded but had to use webos quickinstaller to do it so try that