Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Anyone know why fileCoaster lists 157 apps when the website indicates 160?
    It excludes apps that it can't install, because they requiring "rooting" or something else. For example, if I'm not mistaken, Internalz (or however it's spelling) is not available in fileCoaster.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Sorry for the long delays. I have been busy with other things. I am finishing 1.1.2 categories and will release soon. Already added update notices and just finishing up sorting and categories.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    If this has been mentioned sorry, i tried to scan the thread before posting...

Any talk of scanning installed apps and looking for upgrades and notifying? It'd be HUGELY convenient.
    I am hoping this makes it into the next release as well, kinda got spoiled having an iphone with cydia that checked for you everytime you opened and gave you an option to install seperatly or upgrade all.
    Never used this site before found it google'n pre apps and here u all where. Glad i found it, cuz this site is freak'n awesome! Just after a few min i wuz downloading all types of apps. Thanks for the great step by step guide and dozen of apps that pre should have released in their ever so slow growing store. Thanks again keep up the great work.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    File Coaster was working fine in the beginning for me, but now any time i try to install a new app it crashes my phone. Is anyone else having this issue.
    650700p755pPre
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    File Coaster was working fine in the beginning for me, but now any time i try to install a new app it crashes my phone. Is anyone else having this issue.
    No, I'm still using FC regularly with no sort of crashing or freezing. Sometimes the download stops, but a quick back swipe and then back into the apps and its good.
    dear palm.... your patch failed lol
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    File coaster was working great for me, but now it just searches and searches and never brings up the list of apps.

Saw others were having issues with this. I have been sitting here checking and it is still doing it for me.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    That is just strange. Opened and closed it several times. Opened it again and all the apps showed up with no issues.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    I am hoping this makes it into the next release as well, kinda got spoiled having an iphone with cydia that checked for you everytime you opened and gave you an option to install seperatly or upgrade all.

There is an app called PreUpdate that checks all of your installed apps for updates and allows you to update them. Pretty slick for a free app and a great companion to WebOSQuickInstall and FileCoaster/HomeBrew
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I first noticed the problem when one of my apps "Switcharoo" was not updating my wallpaper on schedule. So I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. When I went to re-download the Switcharoo app via Filecoaster the phone reset or crash. When I access Filecoaster, it pulls up the list of apps just fine, showing 157 apps found, and i can see the description/ screen shots with no issue. But when I try to download, I get the download bar that comes up, which doesn't fill up at all, and then the phone crashes or resets. Also now everytime I try to switch wallpaper, the phone fails to do so, it gives me a little alert "Failed to set Wallpaper"
    650700p755pPre
    I am having the same problem.. my filecoster application just searches and searches.. doesn't bring me the list of apps... please fix this issue..

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    I first noticed the problem when one of my apps "Switcharoo" was not updating my wallpaper on schedule. So I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. When I went to re-download the Switcharoo app via Filecoaster the phone reset or crash. When I access Filecoaster, it pulls up the list of apps just fine, showing 157 apps found, and i can see the description/ screen shots with no issue. But when I try to download, I get the download bar that comes up, which doesn't fill up at all, and then the phone crashes or resets. Also now everytime I try to switch wallpaper, the phone fails to do so, it gives me a little alert "Failed to set Wallpaper"

Do you have any services installed?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Sorry for the long delays. I have been busy with other things. I am finishing 1.1.2 categories and will release soon. Already added update notices and just finishing up sorting and categories.
    Update notices was high on my wishlist, that will be awesome!

Great job and thanks!
    can't wait for the update.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    There is an app called PreUpdate that checks all of your installed apps for updates and allows you to update them. Pretty slick for a free app and a great companion to WebOSQuickInstall and FileCoaster/HomeBrew
    Where is this Preupdate and how has it eluded me?

Never mind I found it: http://pimpmypre.com/2009/08/14/prel...us-update-app/
    Last edited by cpuangel; 08/27/2009 at 11:37 AM.
    I'm having the never-ending search with filecoaster as well
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Seems to happen randomly. If I reboot it works immediately, however I'm not rebooting everytime.
    I can try again some time later and all of a sudden it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try removing some apps.

In USB drive mode it says I have 3 GB left, so it can't be that I have too many mp3's or other files in the /media/internal directory.

It seems people have said that the Linux system files are in a separate partition - maybe that partition is full, or maybe I've hit the limit for the number of apps installed. I did install a whole buch of homebrew apps to try them out, but that's kindof lame if there is a limit to the number of apps you can have installed. You should be able to install however many you have room for in your device.
    is there a utility that shows how much space each application is taking up? That would help identifying the filesystem space hogs.
    Some sort of a count of the total # of apps installed would be helpful. I hate that Palm has restricted how many apps we can install. The only limitation should be space on the HD of the phone.