Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    rj, my first suggestion would be to uninstall any of the apps your trying to update; that way if the "limitation" comes into play before it uninstalls the old app you won't have to deal with it. After you've uninstalled the app, since you're having problems, try rebooting the phone before attempting to install again.

PreGame, I have (yet another) suggestion for you

Feature Request:
    Notifications toggle: have an option to have it poll the app library every so often (or eventually some sort of push system, but that might take work from PreCentral) in order to discover if new apps or updates are available. Could be as simple as poll first time, store a cookie, next poll checks available apps against cookie, if something new, send notification.

Thanks PreGame!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    rj, my first suggestion would be to uninstall any of the apps your trying to update; that way if the "limitation" comes into play before it uninstalls the old app you won't have to deal with it. After you've uninstalled the app, since you're having problems, try rebooting the phone before attempting to install again.

PreGame, I have (yet another) suggestion for you

Feature Request:
    Notifications toggle: have an option to have it poll the app library every so often (or eventually some sort of push system, but that might take work from PreCentral) in order to discover if new apps or updates are available. Could be as simple as poll first time, store a cookie, next poll checks available apps against cookie, if something new, send notification.

Thanks PreGame!
    I am currently working on 1.1.2 which will let the user know if an application they have installed has been updated. This will be pretty much identical to what you are asking.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I think I did a poor job explaining; this would be even if the app was closed. I'm STOKED you're getting the "Update" feature alive and kicking (I don't think there's an emoticon for the happy face I have), but what I'm talking about is a background process that would poll for new apps so that my forgetful self doesn't have to launch the app every 20 minutes to check for an update.

Totally superfluous compared to what you're working on, but a nice feature for when you run out of other, cooler features
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have a suggestion. In the homebrew list, under each apps main page, could you include a link to launch the browser to the the "official forum thread"? Similar to the full web version:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filecoaster

That would be useful to me; when I see a newer version of an app, I usually go to the forum anyways to read the latest discussion of the changes made and changes yet to come.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post

Thanks PreGame!
    Thanks for the replay. However I get this message no mater what program I try even one I never had before. It all started on Sunday the 16th
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have a quick question! I didn't know where to post sorry if it is in wrong section. Ok, so I got homebrew now do I have to worry when there is an official update or anything? Do I have to remove them? I don't want my palm to die on me so yeah please lemme know

Thanks,

Lucki
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    filecoaster is down for me too. 8:10 CST.
    It was down for me too all morning...I finally read through some posts at work and rebooted the phone as suggested. The first 2 times opening file coaster I got the spinning wheel only, but on the 3rd try, I got the complete list!

Is the server this is on taking a big hit causing this delay now, or is it just that my phone was "hanging"?

Also, are the apps updated manually by an "admin" of filecoaster? I didn't ready through all the posts, but did many searches in this thread, and didn't see this asked. Just wondering because of how great it is and easy to use...a HUGE thanks goes out to ya.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    I have a quick question! I didn't know where to post sorry if it is in wrong section. Ok, so I got homebrew now do I have to worry when there is an official update or anything? Do I have to remove them? I don't want my palm to die on me so yeah please lemme know

Thanks,

Lucki
    If you just install apps, you should be fine. If you modify existing palm apps, you should roll back your changes before you update the Palm OS.

rj, the only thing I can think of is to totally remove filecoaster (orange button+tap) and reinstall it with WebOS Quick Install.
    filecoaster is doing the same thing like the last couple days...when an update comes...it shows up but not at the top of the list...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    They all look like they are in update order to me. Do you have an example?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    They all look like they are in update order to me. Do you have an example?
    now it looks in order...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I've tried thinking of the right search terms for this, but I can't seem to come up with anything, so...

Can I use fileCoaster to install a app I have locally? Specifically, I have AHS (paid my donation), which is available only as a zipped download. I now have the ipk on my PC and want to install it. I work in an environment where I can't install things on my PC, so I can't use QuickInstall or anything of the sort. I've tried copying the ipk to the root of my Pre (via USB cable) and then using local:\\xxx.ipk, but it says it can't find a database.

Is there any way to get fileCoaster to pick up a file stored on the Pre and then install it?
    This tool is amaizing! The install was straight forward and the gallery was great. Thank you!!!!
    Oh, quick question, is there a reason to ever leave the phone in developer mode? Will the apps downloaded not run if the phone is not in developer mode?
    I cannot log on using file coaster on my PRE it just sits there trying to long on. This started this morning
    Manny is right mine is doing the same thing. I am on WiFi now and still the same as evdo. Has the file become corrupt or are we having server issues with the homebrew app page?
    Ok, just deleted, downloaded a new copy of FileCoaster and installed via SDK. Still the same issue. Program launches, but homebrew will not come up. Endless search/load loop.
    Meltedwire, It's working for me.
    Really? It just took off for me too. Thanks, I have been trying all day...
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but is the latest version an update? Sorry, that didn't come out the way I wanted. Can I download it and install it with my current version of FileCoaster? Or do I have to delete the version I have and install it with something else?