Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    ok, found the problem. the pre does not tell you when there is no room left but there wasnt. i had to delete some apps and then could install what i needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have created the first Palm Pre GUI downloader/installer that does not require ROOT access.
    Congratulations, PreGame. Nice work indeed.
    This is for application testing only. The license and copyright information can be found Creative Commons Legal Code and Friendly Version.
    Whilst I would have tried to convince you to allow derivatives as well , I understand and respect why you've chosen the open-information-but-not-quite-open-source license you have.
    Your licensing as CC-BY-NC-ND allows the information about the techniques you have learnt and developed to be free and used by other independently-developed applications - thanks for taking that step to help the development community continue to build upon each other's work.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i can copy url but i dont understand what it means by pasting the url "into" the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird013 View Post
    i can copy url but i dont understand what it means by pasting the url "into" the app.
    You paste the link into the file location field and press download. This will download and install the app.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Feature Request - a button to clear the file location field, or better yet, a button that will paste-overwrite the field from the paste buffer..

Might as well have the download button do all that.. paste-install-clear
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precntrl View Post
    Feature Request - a button to clear the file location field, or better yet, a button that will paste-overwrite the field from the paste buffer..

Might as well have the download button do all that.. paste-install-clear
    Yes...excellent suggestion.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    One can clear the file location field by using the backspace key one URL character at a time. For the impatient ones, use shift-backspace to delete one word at a time.

I agree the button should take care of it all for the user to facilitate multiple url installs/downloads if necessary.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ok i dont know what im doing wrong. I loaded filecoaster fine, when im on the website from my phone and highlight the url then i try to gesture and c and it doesn't copy. If i tap the web at the top on the web and tap edit i cant choose to copy either dont know what im doing wrong. Any Help?
    Can it install [rooting required] apps? or just the [NRR]
    It says downloading, then downloaded, but never says installed.. I tried the my notifcation app and it did not install. Also, what if someone has multiple versions of the same app on the page. Which one will it download and install. I do not want an old version number.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Any reason the 'Homebrew-Apps' link inside the app points to the regular version of the forums instead of the mobile version? Just seems like it would make more sense to go straight into the mobile site.

Aside from that, awesome app!

Installed 1 app with dev mode enabled, disabled dev mode and rebooted, and still installing.

EDIT: would be nice to have a button to clear the url field in the app or have it clear by itself after downloading/installing.

Instead of having to manually highlight the entire url again to delete it or paste over it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    ok i dont know what im doing wrong. I loaded filecoaster fine, when im on the website from my phone and highlight the url then i try to gesture and c and it doesn't copy. If i tap the web at the top on the web and tap edit i cant choose to copy either dont know what im doing wrong. Any Help?
    Try gesture-x to cut. if the text disappears, it copied.

The download URL boxes need to be clicked on twice for them to highlight and be able to copy/cut.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    EDIT: would be nice to have a button to clear the url field in the app or have it clear by itself after downloading/installing.

Instead of having to manually highlight the entire url again to delete it or paste over it.
    see my post 3-4 above.. using backspace
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi_ View Post
    see my post 3-4 above.. using backspace
    Yes that works a little quicker. I was just suggesting it because in the near future the homebrew apps are going to be in the hundreds, and constantly clearing out that field will get old.

Not a complaint, just a suggestion.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi_ View Post
    Try gesture-x to cut. if the text disappears, it copied.

The download URL boxes need to be clicked on twice for them to highlight and be able to copy/cut.
    Aww thanks worked great. Is it normal not to be able to copy. I can't seem to copy anything from the web.
    how do u copy. I tried but it didnt work.????????????
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gberns103 View Post
    Hold your finger next to the single silver button on the bottom of the pre screen, see the LED light up then press 'c' to copy or 'x' to cut or 'v' to paste, all while your text is selected (kind of grey shaded).

HTH
    Nice. It works
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gberns103 View Post
    you have to cut and paste copy didnt work for me either
    Great app, this is awsome... Now I can download on the go....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast