Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Filecoaster seems to be missing from the preware repo. Little help? Thanks for FCJ
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty652 View Post
    Keep getting this message whenever i try to download an application using 1.1.1:

"Install Failed: Not Enough Install Space"

According to Device Info - i have 6.2 GB of free space...

any ideas? Filecoaster was working great until yesterday, then it started just saying "install failed" in the old version... so i installed the new version manually and now get this error whenever i try to download anything new via filecoaster

**** I figured it out - i have downloaded too many apps? is there a limit???

i found that if i delete something, i can install something
    I maxed out at 60, I actually went into root and used a linux command to tell me how many sub folder apps there was in /var/usr/palm/applications

Quote Originally Posted by g0d4lm1ty View Post
    I only have 23 and I get the same error... now it wont even load the apps list... just hangs... any ideas.. did i miss a thread?
    Reboot the phone. I will try and find a way to programmatically resolve the palm download service getting stuck.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    same thing happens to me. I opened up the app this morning and found that the homebrew button doesn't do anything but LAG. I wonder if the new ver 1.11 has a link problem.

I'll keep looking around for solutions to this.....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Feature Request:
    The app library currently has an entry near the bottom of the page:

Discussion, Changelog, and Support

Discuss this app, get support, and read the changelog for **app** in the
    Official Forum thread

which links directly to the thread for the given app. Can we get that put into fileCoaster to quickly get to change logs and discussions from the Pre?
    I also have the 'Not Enough Install Space" df -h says i have enough space though.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjonez View Post
    I also have the 'Not Enough Install Space" df -h says i have enough space though.

Thanks
    Like I said, you can only have so many applications installed.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    A triumph; thanks.

And if you want to manually put a URL in for an ipk file from an other site, that works too.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Awesome APP!

But I ran into a problem. After I download an app it says I don't have enough memory, even though I still have 2.1 gigs left.

Its also the only card open. Any ideas?
    Seems like the repository is not responding. FileCoaster just "spins" when trying to list the available apps. Anyone else having this issue?

Update: Installed a package via the Dowload URL option without problems. Seem to be a repository issue.
    Last edited by bitshifter1001; 08/12/2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshifter1001 View Post
    Seems like the repository is not responding. FileCoaster just "spins" when trying to list the available apps. Anyone else having this issue?

Update: Installed a package via the Dowload URL option without problems. Seem to be a repository issue.
    Check the main post, you need to reboot your phone because the palm connection gets tied up.

I have the same problem....when I click on Homebrew Apps it justs sits trying to load and does nothing. I added all my apps through WebOS.....is that the problem?? Turned the phone off and then back on....is that what you mean by rebooting....still does not load anything. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorjx007 View Post
    Awesome APP!

But I ran into a problem. After I download an app it says I don't have enough memory, even though I still have 2.1 gigs left.

Its also the only card open. Any ideas?

Ther is a limited allotment of memory for applications is seems. Someone should really get a fix on this, as it will hamper homebrew development. If I can only load a certain number of apps, I am eventually going to be less inclined to erase a program to try out a new one.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this was already suggested or thought of but how bout video downloads through the url downloader in filecoaster? that would make this forever the most bad a** app to grace the pre! even though at the present time it already is
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Check the main post, you need to reboot your phone because the palm connection gets tied up.

Opps. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just downloaded filecoaster and it works just fine. I used the SDK method. I really like that when the app pulls up it lists all the homebrews therefore you dont have to copy and paste anything...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Yea hopefully palm fixes the aloted memory allowed for applications as this means when the app catalog opens up there will be many issues. Right now i just uninstall the apps that i don't really use since it is a breeze to re-install them.

I just dont know what i'm doing wrong. I originally could use PreBrew to get aps on my phone. Then i switched out phones due to a restart error i was having. Now, with this new one I cant figure out how to get anything on it. I've tried PreBrew. I've run the WebDoctor, and still the WebOS Install and prebrew cant seem to find the device. So if anyone has this issue too, let me know. Also dumb down the answer best you can, i'm not real tech savy
    whenever I try to download the filecoaster a message keeps poping up on the screen saying error 1: connection refused and the device wasnt found . Can someone please help with this
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Im having a problem loading the hombrew listi just loads and loads and loads and nothing after 15 minutes i went wifi and still nothing
    Yah, just started having the loading problem too. Is the server down?