Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    i press install to install the filecoaster to my pre and i doesnt install
    There is no install button. There is only TAP TO DOWNLOAD and then it should say should say DOWNLOADING and then INSTALLED. Are you running Filecoaster 1.1?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    • Sorted by latest release date
    • Type in keywords to find applications easier
    • Added application information
    • Added better screenshot browsing support
    • You will now be told when applications cannot be installed due to lack of space (Palm only allows 60 non palm apps to be installed in /var, installing outside of /var could cause the applications to not work properly)
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    • You will now be told when applications cannot be installed due to lack of space (Palm only allows 60 non palm apps to be installed in /var, installing outside of /var could cause the applications to not work properly)
    are the ones who donated get this version via email?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    are the ones who donated get this version via email?
    No this is a public release.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Dude this made homebrew SUPER easy.

Your great, thanks bro
    Now all I see to do is add categories... and check app versions to your current app version...

Updates are very important, but I could see how implementing them could be hard...

Good looking so far, keep it up, thanks.
    This is a wonderful app! I'm a stranger to the workings of the pre, but was able to install it. I see there is an update. Do I need to uninstall ver 1.1.0 or will the new version simply overwrite it? Thanks!
    Hey PreGame, is there any danger to using filecoaster to download the new 1.1.1 version. I just want to make sure I'm not creating duplicate application directories in the underlying file structure or anything weird. I'm a little anal about having pieces of applications left behind or thrown about.
    (Palm only allows 60 non palm apps to be installed in /var, installing outside of /var could cause the applications to not work properly)
    Is it # of apps or is it the amount of free space in /var that is limiting this?
    I, too was wondering the same thing, not only with fileCoaster, but with other homebrew apps. When a new version has been released is it necessary to uninstall it or just download the new version. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    No, installing the new application will overwrite the old one.

I have created the first Palm Pre GUI downloader/installer that does not require ROOT access.

----------------------
    INSTALLATION
    ----------------------
    Step by Step guide with pictures on how to install!

First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK (if you already have it and are familiar with the palm.bat files) or WebOS Quick Installer (if you do not have the SDK and like GUI's).
    I STRONGLY RECOMMENDING INSTALLING fileCOASTER with WebOS Quick Installer!!!

----------------------
    HOW TO USE
    ----------------------
    1. Select the application you wish to install.
    2. Tap the download button.

OR

1. Enter the url of the file you wish to download.
    2. Press the download button.

images will be stored in the wallpapers folder, ipks will be downloaded and installed and prc's will be placed in the appropriate classic directory.

----------------------
    FILE STORAGE / TYPES
    ----------------------
    You can also download any other file you want on the net including mp3's.

The files get stored into /media/internal/downloads and after you install the IPK it gets deleted to save space.

Images (jpg,png,jpeg,gif - get saved to the /media/internal/wallpapers folder or if you connect as usb drive the /wallpapers folder.)

PRC's get added to Classic install.

MP3's and everything else get stored in the /media/internal/downloads folder (or if you connect your pre as a USB drive it will be in the /downloads folder) ** I have tested this successfully and was able to have the Music player recognize the new mp3 download **

---------------------
    MISC / LICENSE
    ---------------------
    This application is Closed Source. Please do not modify/copy/alter/re-distribute without permission from the author.

This application is AS IS and is only intended to be used to download beta applications from precentral.net. This is not an app catalog and you should use Palms App Catalog to sell your applications.

This is for application testing only.

---------------------
    DONATIONS
    ---------------------

---------------------
    NOTES
    ---------------------
    This does install the My Tether application ONLY, it DOES NOT install the My Tether Service. Palm does not allow services to be installed without rooting as of yet. HOWEVER when you install My Tether via fileCoaster your pre will freeze / be slow until you close fileCoaster and re-open it. I believe this is caused by fileCoaster trying to install the My Tether service but not being able to.

Also it seems to only install applications created via the palm-package.bat file. The previous 'How to package manually' posted on the predev wiki DOES NOT work with this applications. If you have issues installing an application post here to see if others installed it successfully.

You may have to many applications stalled or not enough memory.

---------------------
    DOWNLOAD
    ---------------------
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filecoaster

---------------------
    RELEASE INFO
    ---------------------

TODO: Please do not post requests to have version checking as it is already in the works.

• Added v2 application list
    • Supports .prc downloads
    • Pre now recognizes downloaded images

• Improved download failure and install failure checking.
    • Now supports URLs with spaces in the URL.
    • Homebrew-Apps button now uses the mobile site.
    • FEATURE: Next release should have version checking to see if you have the lastest release of fileCoaster.

• Added copy/paste improvements. Simply shake the phone to clear the input box. Then when the input box is clear you shake the pre again and it will paste what is on the clipboard.
    • Added improved status checking for file errors
    • Changed location where images are stored (still needs improvements so the Photo app will detect downloaded content)
    • Added Donations Link.
    • Added timeout checking to prevent stuck downloads. (improvements still being made.

• Initial release
    I've installed everything on my Mac and see novacmd in my dock. It says "need to run as super user to access usb" What do I do?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This is a design issue, but when I tap "Homebrew List" or "File URL Download" from the home screen, they become narrower by ~20px and taller by about the same. This seems like an error. It would be more natural for them to keep their size. Is this just me, or is this everyone's experience? I did install it over an older version (using FileCoaster to update itself).

EDIT: I also got the message: "Error parsing app MyTether". I assume this is the offending app's problem, but it's worth noting.
    Is it just me, or does filecoaster never seem to upgrade apps? For example, I've tried to upgrade prepod tonight twice, and tried to reboot. Filecoaster said it was "Installed", but the version never changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Is it just me, or does filecoaster never seem to upgrade apps? For example, I've tried to upgrade prepod tonight twice, and tried to reboot. Filecoaster said it was "Installed", but the version never changed.
    Just you, it worked perfectly for me.
    It wasn't upgrading my checkers app....

now the list isnt loading...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This is truly a blessing. Only downside is people may be to lazy to come to the site and give thanks or rate the app. Is there a way to be able to rate/comment on the app from filecoaster? If not, that would be a great addition. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This is getting better and better each time I visit the page!! GREAT WORK!! I love the new 1.1.1 with the most recent at top. Is there any way to have the "Last Updated" date shown with the app title/version?
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Loving 1.1.1. Soo many awesome features. App descriptions, sorting by recent update, etc Amazing job