Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Fantastic app
    Just one suggestion can you put a option to sort the apps by last updated and new. Thanks again
    I just pulled up file coaster and its not finding any apps. I installed an app earlier today, but for some reason now, I've got nothing...

Any ideas??
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks again for the app
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    I just pulled up file coaster and its not finding any apps. I installed an app earlier today, but for some reason now, I've got nothing...

Any ideas??
    I'm seeing the same thing. Filecoaster brings up the list of apps from precentral (quickly too) after a restart, but subsequent launches of the program just show the spinning circle and it doesn't load the apps screen.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Help Please...

I am completely new to homebrew and cant figure out even the basics..?

I followed the "How To: Install Homebrew Apps from our Gallery" exactly but when I hit 'Install' (filecoaster from web OS quick install) it does nothing..?

I also downloaded 'VirtualBox' and 'Palm Emulator" but i dont even know if I needed to do that. That's what I did from the "A Simple How-to Guide for getting homebrew apps onto your Pre (after 1.0.4)" thread. Two different instructions for the same purpose. Totally lost here, any ideas Preople?

(running on Windows XP Pro)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Fantastic app
    Just one suggestion can you put a option to sort the apps by last updated and new. Thanks again
    I love this app, especially while away from my pc!!! Just like Warblad stated, one awesome addition would be to have a similar function like the Palm App Catalog on the Pre. Have a recent tab, that way we won't have to search to see if anything is new. Also...I know its a shot in the dark, however, can something be done in your app that allows us to check for app updates??? That would rock!!!
    i downloaded the app and it worled fine for a day or two and now every time i got back to the downloader and try to download and app it says install error. what is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewmatic101 View Post
    i downloaded the app and it worled fine for a day or two and now every time i got back to the downloader and try to download and app it says install error. what is wrong.
    You need to remove a few home brew apps to make room. The error means you are out of space.
    Even though we bought an 8GB device, for some reason Palm limited the partition that the apps install into.
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/08/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I'm able to install using ipkg install from the commandline though?
    -mark
    Using ipkg from command line installs the application into /usr instead of /var.

Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post

Any ideas??
    Reboot, it seems to be an issue with the palm communication service.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I'm seeing the same thing. Filecoaster brings up the list of apps from precentral (quickly too) after a restart, but subsequent launches of the program just show the spinning circle and it doesn't load the apps screen.
    See above.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Pregame, does that mean that we can have more apps on if we install those we want permanently thru command line into /usr and then ones we are just checking thru FileCoaster into the /var directory?
    Or are we still limited to about 48 total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Fantastic app
    This would be great to be able to sort by release date, name, or star ranking.

As the Homebrew Gallery expands, sorting options will become even more important.

The next thing would be to be able to check our apps for their dates or versions and check what has changed.

Just sorting would be great.

- Craig
    Okay, I'd like to see the version number, the last date updated, and allow sorting by name, last date updated, etc.

Also, I know the feed has a category listed for each one... you put them all into categories, it will be really important as homebrew expands.

I understand all work doesn't happen at once, but just put some thought into my suggestions, I'm sure I am not the only one who wants them..

So far though, great job, I look forward to seeing my suggestions added in
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    You need to remove a few home brew apps to make room. The error means you are out of space.
    Even though we bought an 8GB device, for some reason Palm limited the partition that the apps install into.

hmm, anyone know what the limit is?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    This would be great to be able to sort by release date, name, or star ranking.

As the Homebrew Gallery expands, sorting options will become even more important.

The next thing would be to be able to check our apps for their dates or versions and check what has changed.

Just sorting would be great.

- Craig
    +1
    this is awesome! thanks very much. i appreciate your time and effort in developing this app. it makes all PPers' lives easy. GBY.
    "I'm more Palm than Apple ever since I got my Pre!" - v12
    Nice job. FYI, not sure if this is something thats being done for the next update or a bug, but I don't get any descriptions for the apps, just "n/a".
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Pregame, does that mean that we can have more apps on if we install those we want permanently thru command line into /usr and then ones we are just checking thru FileCoaster into the /var directory?
    Or are we still limited to about 48 total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    hmm, anyone know what the limit is?
    It appears you can only have 60 applications installed in the /var directory. Installing non palm apps in the /usr directory could result in issues during palm upgrades.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Everytime I try to download filecoaster it tells me that windows cannot open this file. Can someone please help me!! PLEASE
    Great little app, and it successfully downloaded multiple applications for me. But whenever I tried loading any other application that required data usage, it thought I wasn't connected to any sort of data network. This only happened after I installed fileCoaster, so I know it isn't any of my other applications doing this. I also have full signal EVDO Rev. A strength, so I know it's not that either.

A reboot of the Pre fixed this, but I shouldn't have to reboot after using fileCoaster just to get my data services working again.

Pre WiFi Tether Results
    i press install to install the filecoaster to my pre and i doesnt install