Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    I also would like to see it list the dates of the last update for each App and let us sort by that.
    This would allow us to see all the current Apps that have updates on top. Maybe also have a separator for Today and older maybe.

The the Holy Grail would be getting a notification that an app has been updated! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    When I am viewing an app in the homebrew list the descriptions always say N/A at this time but i know for sure that a description is available through the app gallery. Is anyone esle having this issue
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quick question, and probably stupid, so forgive me. Still new to this homebrew business. After I install fileCoaster, do I have to keep the Pre in dev mode to use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivix View Post
    Quick question, and probably stupid, so forgive me. Still new to this homebrew business. After I install fileCoaster, do I have to keep the Pre in dev mode to use it?
    nope....dev mode is only to install apps if u dont have filecoaster or preload
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    so how are the apps listed? why is prepod first?

any possibility that the latest updates could be on top?

thanks.

81 apps now, 2 x more fum than the official app cat.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    PreGame, loving the app. It's so easy to get homebrew on the Pre now after the initial install.

Two questions.
    Could you bring back the ability to install from a url? Or does the file download box automatically install if it finds that it is downloading a .ipk file?

Second, and this is just out of curiosity, I am in no way judging your decision. Why did you obfuscate the source? Was the main concern protection of the communication between PreCentral's homebrew service and your app?

Thanks again for providing this great app!
    jamie
    Yes the File URL section will auto detect if it is an IPK and install it upon download.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

OK first chance I have had to start looking at checking out some of the Homebrew stuff.

Quick question, that Im somewhat confused about. While I probably could do it by rooting my Pre, Id really prefer the GUI way around it.

So, my question, is I see the How-To for Quick WebOS Install or whatever, and I also keep seeing references to File Coaster. Are there 2 different things you need to begin the process or the same with different names?

Ok I think I figured out that file coaster is an app that gets installed via WebOs Installer, to be able to install HBs direct from per.

So, did the WebOs Quick INstall, put PRE in Dev Mode, and rebooted PRE. I dont see anywhere ON PRE now that says DEv MOde, but went ahead and plugged in via USB and selected Charge Only

This is what I get when I try to install File Coaster, what I am I missing, or doing wrong??

PLEASE take pity someone and help, this is my only afternoon to really dedicate to get a handle on this so I TOO can have all this fun

Thanks
    Diane
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/07/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    OK just updating my last post, and keeping the image there for anyone else who runs into the same issue I had.

OK, so from the step by step with pictures tutorial, which was pretty good, there are 2 steps missing.

1. It had to also install Novcomd, I suppose this is some conduit app it needs, but the instructions did not mention that, i just let it do it.. It should at least be mentioned in the step by step.

2. Not sure if this was just my computer, and I dont know why, but the first time I plugged in USB/Charge after putting in DevMode, I got a prompt on my PC to reboot, which I ignored first time. After getting the error, I did the reboot, and in trying it after, it seems to work.

NOW I need to go back and find how to get OUT of DevMod and/or find out if I need to be IN that mode each time I want to install something via File Coaster.
    Simply amazing!!!!

what is app order? latest app would be great. thanks!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I apologize if this has already been suggested...

I would love to see this able to sort the list of homebrew apps. Preferably by most recently updated. That way I can automatically see what apps I need to update every time I check the homebrew section.

I LOVE this app, and because of what you are doing to develop it, I rarely have to go to the forums anymore to see new apps. Thank you for all the work you have put in! I hope that when the app catalog from Palm is live and working that you still keep this app going for all the homebrew apps that are bound to still be available. Even for just the beta testing before an app is submitted!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    ... could someone break the app install process down for me, like you would for a 5 year old...
    i tried to add several homebrew apps to my pre, but apparently have no clue what im doing... help?
    ...anybody?
    Hey i cant seem to find the new down load ??? i click the link brings it up to a page that's says download but no link to down load
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    ...anybody?
    Hi there

I KNOW this can be really daunting as there is just SOOO much info kinda scattered around.

Here is what I found the MOST useful, to be able to get Home Brews installed relatively painlessly, and except for the 2 issues I mentioned in my posts above, really seemed to help.

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

What I can say, that may clear up some of the process, is the the 2 things that sorta work hand in hand, or step by step, are not well explained until you get to that point.

The WebOS Quick Install is an application that lets you install Homebrews on your pre via your PC and your PRE connected via USB/Charge mode. The tutorial suggests the first Home Brew you actually install IS File Coaster. File Coaster now will let you install Home Brews directly from your PRE without having to go into Developer Mode, or being connected to a PC.

If you follow the tutorial STEP by STEP , making sure each screen comes up, and as I had to do, a reboot of my pc before it was able to actually install, you should be fine.

If you need help PM me or email, or post. Im happy to give back, for all the help Ive gotten here for what small knoweldge I may be able to share

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey i cant seem to find the new down load ??? i click the link brings it up to a page that's says download but no link to down load

haha Ok i am a tard i thought i was logged in but some how was not letting me but its good now i was able to log in and get the new app thanks man...
    PS i used old file coaster to install the new one and it worked for me fine when i clicked down load it downloaded and closed I was like OPPS... but when i reopened it again it was the new one YIPPIE
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I keep getting install errors (75% of the time..) Is this app logging anywhere to troubleshoot this?
    -mark
    Last edited by diomark; 08/07/2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    PS i used old file coaster to install the new one and it worked for me fine when i clicked down load it downloaded and closed I was like OPPS... but when i reopened it again it was the new one YIPPIE
    LOL this post cracked me up

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I keep getting install errors (75% of the time..) Is this app logging anywhere to troubleshoot this?
    -mark
    99.999999% sure that you ran out of room on most of the apps your trying to install. You can only have x amount of applications installed. I will try and find a better error to display when you run out of room.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    99.999999% sure that you ran out of room on most of the apps your trying to install. You can only have x amount of applications installed. I will try and find a better error to display when you run out of room.
    I'm able to install using ipkg install from the commandline though?
    -mark