Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Newbie here....yes I know another newbie. Seriously, fantastic app! Very simple to use and install. For a not so tech savy guy, I have to say you made it easy! Thank you!
    This fileCoaster is so easy, once I got it working! So simple! I hope the new apps are coming!
    Wow, great app. Works like a charm!
    ... She fakes the orgasm, I fake the relationship
    I installed this today, and now am the happiest person of all time. This is genius. You developers are so damn smart. Some of you guys (and gals I'm sure) have got some serious talent.

Thanks again for this!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    awesome !!!!!! GREAT WORK MAN!!!
    I must agree. This release is a beast.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    You guys Rock!!! fileCoaster works like a charm. This is just the type of support the Pre needs to take off. You know Palm has no intentions of make some apps available (i.e. myTether) because of fear of damaging their relationship with Sprint. But now, we don't have to worry about Palm's App censorship.

Here are some Apps we need to show up in the HomeBrew list:

- Tethering App (USB, Bluetooth and WiFi routing)
    - Video Recorder
    - Virtual Keyboard
    - Compass
    - Battery Optimizing App
    - Voice Dial App
    - Yahoo Mail Plug In
    - Calling Card Dialing Plug-In
    I downloaded and installed filecoaster. Awesome app! I've successfully downloaded and installed 3 apps using it. However, 90 percent of the time I get a download error or install error. I'm on wifi or EV. Anyone else having this trouble? Also... If I am upgrading to a newer version of an app do I need to delete the previous version first? (note: I did delete previous version first and still get the error message. Thanks.
    can anyone think of why i am not allowed to log in to pre central to get the url to paste into the filecoaster app? i am using the same information i use to log in from my computer but i always get an error message from the site when trying from the phone....incorrect password. any help would be great because as it stands if i want to use the app i have to type the url in and that kind of makes the app worthless...i may as well hook up the usb.
    i copy the link on my pre and have my pre in dev mode but i dont know where exactly tp paste it at? Can somoeone please help me? Im way lost? Thanks
    Installed fileCoaster using WebOSQuickinstall just as recommended. Both are great aps; both work just as they are described.
    So I've installed the latest version with QuickInstall and now when I go to download any link, I keep getting install errors. The previous version of FileCoaster that I had worked. Any ideas on what's up? Thanks!
    Last edited by duncdamonk; 08/07/2009 at 06:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    For some reason this is not bringing up the catalog for me.
    I click on the "Homebrew List" link and it gives me the perpetual circle...

Is there something going on at the moment? Do I need to try reinstalling Filecoaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I downloaded and installed filecoaster. Awesome app! I've successfully downloaded and installed 3 apps using it. However, 90 percent of the time I get a download error or install error. I'm on wifi or EV. Anyone else having this trouble? Also... If I am upgrading to a newer version of an app do I need to delete the previous version first? (note: I did delete previous version first and still get the error message. Thanks.
    I have the same issue.
    Dev mode? I'm really new to Palm and only reason I got it is cuz it's the best thing out there and comparable to the iPhone (superior if the App catalog was up to speed). But I have NO clue now to download these homebrew apps. I tried going on the browser on the Pre and says "cannot find an application which can open this file" ( this is for downloading the fileCoaster ). So how do I start this ? Gonna have to break it down "Barney style" for me cuz I'm not a huge techie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Works great, thanks!

Suggestions:

A way to indicate which apps on the list you have already downloaded, see a description and screen shots of each app, search apps, review apps you downloaded, alert you when updates for downloaded apps appear and categories. That should keep you busy for a while!
    Agree with you on that. Maybe someway to check version signatures and let us know with a simple check mark that a new one is available. Maybe even creating a log so with the person updates thier link it would identify that and then let us know. I've been going off of dates/version # written in a note on the Pre for reference for now.
    This is great! I only have one suggestion...

Is it possible to order by the last update date? That'll make it a lot easier to spot software that's been updated and needs to be re-downloaded.

Dan.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenovic View Post
    For some reason this is not bringing up the catalog for me.
    I click on the "Homebrew List" link and it gives me the perpetual circle...

Is there something going on at the moment? Do I need to try reinstalling Filecoaster?
    Restarting the phone seemed to fix this...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    PreGame, loving the app. It's so easy to get homebrew on the Pre now after the initial install.

Two questions.
    Could you bring back the ability to install from a url? Or does the file download box automatically install if it finds that it is downloading a .ipk file?

Second, and this is just out of curiosity, I am in no way judging your decision. Why did you obfuscate the source? Was the main concern protection of the communication between PreCentral's homebrew service and your app?

Thanks again for providing this great app!
    jamie
    I have version 1.0.2 and cannot install the latest version. No matter which method I use (install from filecoaster, WebOS quick install or PreLoad). Neither of those ways updates filecoaster, 1.0.2 still remains. I cannot uninstall 1.0.2 either, I was going to try to uninstall then reinstall the new version, but that isn't an option.

edit: Well I got it installed through Linux Access...still not sure why it didn't work using the other methods.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)