Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    This may have been suggested already - I know, "Search is your friend" and all that jazz. Can some sorting / re-ordering functionality be added to the homebrew app list -- i.e., sort (and reverse-sort) by ABC and last updated date?
    My palm wont copy the links from the homebrew apps precental link so i cant past it in the file coaster. please help
    Got latest version. Thank you for your hard work. This app is awsome.

Thanks again.
    Keep it up
    file coasted the new version using the old version. new icon (which is much better imo) didn't show up at first, so i just did a quick reboot, and everything works fine.

@Pre Game: I'm not sure if it was already in the post, i might have overlooked it while skimming through this thread, but is there a way to have filecoaster check to see which version of an app you are on, that way I can tell if there has been an update to a particular app I use w/o having to flip through multiple cards or check the app first.
    I tried installing the new version via the old version and could not get the 1.1.0 version to show up. So I tried upgrading via WebOS Quick Install, however, I had to remove the 1.0.1 version before I could install the 1.1.0 version. Now, when ever I try to install any app, I get the "install error" message. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Nope, it also installs it!
    so I'm reading the install on this... I guess I'm lost. I have not done a single thing to my pre so I have no apps or anything like that or even know how to install this. So if a read the install, it is recomended that I install something else... So do I need to install this on my computer 1st before I can get anythign to install on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just upgraded FC using the older version of FC and it worked fine. It didn't "finish" in that the status downloading bar stopped and it said "Installed", the whole app just sorta disappeared after the install, and the new icon was there in place of the old icon.
    Shouldn't the icon in the notification bar be the same as the app icon itself? It's currently using the old icon. Just something I noticed.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    so I'm reading the install on this... I guess I'm lost. I have not done a single thing to my pre so I have no apps or anything like that or even know how to install this. So if a read the install, it is recomended that I install something else... So do I need to install this on my computer 1st before I can get anythign to install on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    I just upgraded FC using the older version of FC and it worked fine. It didn't "finish" in that the status downloading bar stopped and it said "Installed", the whole app just sorta disappeared after the install, and the new icon was there in place of the old icon.
    Welcome to the Homebrew Pre Scene! The first thing you're going to want to do is install a program on your computer that will allow you to put FileCoaster on your Pre. A lot of work has been done to make this a painless process, and a good place to start is here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html

Once you've read through this, take a look at PreGame's first post in this thread where he provides a link to http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html

PreGame, love the app, looking forward to descriptions as well as sorting, and possibly even "UPDATE AVAILABLE" notifications One suggestion as a temp-work-around: keep track of what versions you find each time you update the list, then when you go look at the repository you can at least tell if something has been updated/added since the last time the user checked. Not as nice as checking against what is currently installed, but it might be a start

Addi
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanaholland View Post
    I tried installing the new version via the old version and could not get the 1.1.0 version to show up. So I tried upgrading via WebOS Quick Install, however, I had to remove the 1.0.1 version before I could install the 1.1.0 version. Now, when ever I try to install any app, I get the "install error" message. Any ideas?
    Your pre may not have enough memory

Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Shouldn't the icon in the notification bar be the same as the app icon itself? It's currently using the old icon. Just something I noticed.
    You more than likely didn't remove the old filecoaster before installing the new one. If you reboot it should have the updated icon in the notification.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Your pre may not have enough memory

I have over 3 GB available and I have no other cards open.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Would the people or person working on filecoaster do a write up on the first post of where they intend to take the program and a timeline of when you expect it to be accomplished. That will at least stop people from recommending the same stuff over and over that you are already working on.

Great start with app.
    You more than likely didn't remove the old filecoaster before installing the new one. If you reboot it should have the updated icon in the notification.
    Thanks, that was it.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanaholland View Post
    I have over 3 GB available and I have no other cards open.
    Can't say for sure since I can't see your Pre, but I'm guessing that 3GB of free space is the "media" partition. The Pre actually has its internal memory allocated to different parts of the OS, and the part that holds apps is much smaller than the one that holds media. Try removing a few apps and then installing the one you're working on.

Also, it sounds like you're working with a clean install of fileCoaster, but you might try uninstalling, restarting your Pre, then re-installing via the WebOS Quick Installer and see if that helps at all. Sometimes cache can do strange things.
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Can't say for sure since I can't see your Pre, but I'm guessing that 3GB of free space is the "media" partition. The Pre actually has its internal memory allocated to different parts of the OS, and the part that holds apps is much smaller than the one that holds media. Try removing a few apps and then installing the one you're working on.

Also, it sounds like you're working with a clean install of fileCoaster, but you might try uninstalling, restarting your Pre, then re-installing via the WebOS Quick Installer and see if that helps at all. Sometimes cache can do strange things.

That was the trick! I forgot about the media partition. I removed a few apps and then I was able to install again. Thanks to all for the help!!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    this is the bestest app evvvvvver
    i succesfully "downloaded" a .wav file using filecoaster but i cannot find it in my phone. I want to use this file with the "my notification" app to make a ringtone... where am i forgetting to look?
    nevermind! haha just searched for it in my music section
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Once you've read through this, take a look at PreGame's first post in this thread where he provides a link to http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html
    I've already installed FileCoaster using that method. Matter of fact I was installing apps using the SDK back before FileCoaster was around. My post was to just tell what my experience was with the idea of "Hey, I wonder what happens if update FileCoaster using FileCoaster". However, I appreciate your efforts in actually pointing to a link rather than the usual rude "that's what the search button is for" that people usually get when they ask questions around here.
    Works great, thanks!

Suggestions:

A way to indicate which apps on the list you have already downloaded, see a description and screen shots of each app, search apps, review apps you downloaded, alert you when updates for downloaded apps appear and categories. That should keep you busy for a while!