Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

WOW....this is exactly what I have been asking for on these forums....THANKS!!!

Was wondering....about the memory thing with homebrew apps...are the homebrew apps getting installed on a bigger partition now as I am able to install a bit more apps now...just wondering
    Haven't had time to stress test it again.

Also is there an easy way within these forums to check up on the posts you replied to?
    Awesome update with 1.1.0. This is a truly amazing app, and community.
    I've been seeing the message "error parsing app preTracker" since yesterday when loading homebrew list.
    I love the functionality of the 1.1.0 version. However I would like to see dates next to the version numbers.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The 1.1.0 version is beautiful. I am truly amazed.
    I made a donation to you today. Thanks for making installing homebrew apps so painless. I installed WebOS easy install and then installed FileCoaster. It seems to me that once FileCoaster is installed there is no further need for WebOS easy install. Is there something that can be done with one that can't be done with the other? Thanks again for your excellent app.
    Bill
    awesome work. looking and functioning great.

only request is some functionality to display my currently installed version numbers to help me determine if there's an update available. Also, maybe an auto-update functionality that'll update all of my homebrew to the latest versions?
    The work put into this is truely amazing. Great Job!!!!!
    Hii Guys,

I have been looking around for an installtion guide becuase I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded the WebOSQuickInstall.jar. And ran it but I get stuck at the screen where it says to connect your pre with the USB cord. Do I put in Just Charge or USB Drive mode? The quickInstal does not seem to recognize that I have connected the Pre. My computer does see it and open up the dialog box that asks me what I want to do. Any help would be great I really want to install some of these cool HomeBrews.

Thanks in Advance.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    First and foremost... THANK YOU!
    This is truley a wonderful thing and is only getting better and more streamlined.

I am sure most of these have been requested and/or are already in the queue for updates.

Features I would like to see:

Auto/Manual Update Feature or Notification
    - Similar to how the Palm App Catalog shows an update is available
    Sort Options
    - name, rating, last updated, downloads, etc..

Initial Display change
    - show last updated first perhaps?

Thank you again and I look forward to the continued development.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I've been seeing the message "error parsing app preTracker" since yesterday when loading homebrew list.
    I am also getting that error.

I have a silly question but here goes. do you have to leave your Pre in developer mode or can you now shut it off and just use this application to install apps? <----- I answered my own question to this,you don't have to be in developer mode.

By the way thanks for this, much easier installing stuff using this.
    Last edited by Partyman; 08/06/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    WOW! I don't even know what to say. Version 1.1.0 is awesome!! All of the great things coming out of this community make me wish that I was a programmer. I want to come up with my own app now. This is so exciting! I purchased the Rough Cuts and will start reading through that now that it's finished. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up enough knowledge to come up with something on my own. I'd be stoked to see my own app (as simple as it may end up being) in the FileCoaster listing now.

I will be making a donation for this app for sure. Keep on kicking ***!!
    Was wondering....about the memory thing with homebrew apps...are the homebrew apps getting installed on a bigger partition now as I am able to install a bit more apps now...just wondering

Also is there an easy way within these forums to check up on the posts you replied to?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    suh...WEET! This is a fantastic update!

So, I downloaded 1.1.0 before I read the warning. I don't appear to be having any problems with it but would you recommend uninstalling 1.1.0 and re-installing it anyway? What issues do you foresee if I didn't uninstall the previous version first?
    As long as the version at the top in the main section says fileCoaster 1.1.0 then you are golden and also make sure you have the new icon.

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    pregame i tried emailing you with no luck i am having trouble downloading your beta 3 from the email you sent out. its as if the file is not there. have you removed it from the server before i got a chance to read my email?
    Yes I removed the beta from hosting once the public 1.1.0 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Awesome App!!! Are there any plans to check for updated apps that are already installed on the Pre? I'm also assuming there will be a breakdown of apps into categories? Even scrolling through 73 apps is a bit much. Either way, great work!
    Yes this is currently in the works. I posted this in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    For some reason it is not loading the app list anymore.. The circle just keeps spinning and spinning.. Anyone else? I am going to uninstall and reload it and see if that helps..
    This could be an error with the feed info. Maybe try and uninstall and if it still happens then we know it is the feed being sent that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    That means there is an error in the preTracker feed. I will take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I love the functionality of the 1.1.0 version. However I would like to see dates next to the version numbers.
    Already in the works

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post

Nope same place as before! I plan on adding more install information to help troubleshoot what the issue could be.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I just updated to 1.1.0 and I love it. No complaints.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I love the new version, it's great! I even used the old version to update to the new version, haha.
    Another reply of gratitude (including a donation) and amazement at how fast and far this has come. The 1.1.0 version combined with the Homebrew Apps web site makes this essentially as easy as the official App Store. Outstanding!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'm getting 'install error' when trying to install some of the apps.. (prepod 0.35 for instance)

Can filecoaster not handle root app installs?
    -m
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    The new version has a cool interface for sure, but without
    any descriptions or links back to the original threads, any
    newbie would just have to guess at what the app is. Obviously
    the intent is that those descriptions will get populated eventually
    but I still think a link back to the original app thread would
    be useful to get more information.

ian
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I'm getting 'install error' when trying to install some of the apps.. (prepod 0.35 for instance)

Can filecoaster not handle root app installs?
    -m
    fileCoaster cannot install root apps as it does not include a service for setting up the necessary files. However prepod will install fine. Make sure you have not reached the maximum application limit on the pre and make sure you have enough memory. I believe palm only allows x amount of memory for the /var directory which is where homebrew apps and app catalog apps get installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The new version has a cool interface for sure, but without
    any descriptions or links back to the original threads, any
    newbie would just have to guess at what the app is. Obviously
    the intent is that those descriptions will get populated eventually
    but I still think a link back to the original app thread would
    be useful to get more information.

ian
    This is in the works and should be available shortly
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps