Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1245
  1. synplex's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Super Sweet!! Only all of a sudden for the past couple of days, any app I try to install gives me the "Install Error" Message. Any ideas why??
    Your Phone is full. Delete some Files (Mp3,Video,Pics etc....)
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
  2. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK, I've decided to jump in and try some of the Homebrew apps. I was waiting patiently for Palm but I guess I want to move a little. So even though I'm a little scared I'm going to try this.

    I did use Shadow Mites stuff on my Treo back in the day!

    I have one main question before I start however:

    I have two computers, both are Vista but one is a 32bit machine (an old laptop) and the other is a 64bit machine (a big desktop with lots of memory).

    Which machine am I going to have the least problems getting this stuff to work?

    I have downloaded FileCoaster and WebOSQuickIntall. I have Java version 6.0.150 installed.

    So before I begin, I just need that first question answered please. 32 or 64... which will cause less headaches.

    Thanks!

    Rob

    PS I hope to hear from someone soon, I want to try this out today.
    Both should be fine however I have 32bit Vista and have not had issues so i would recommend that.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  3. #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by niris777 View Post
    is it posible to install the "my tether" app with filecoaster ? Or will i still have to root in the webosinternals.org file?
    please read!
  4. #524  
    Just to say thank you! I ended up getting it done. However, I never used FileCoaster. Although, when I has WebOSQuickInstaller running, I did install FileCoaster to my Pre.

    So I guess for the next apps I will try it out.

    I can't believe what I was missing. (yeah, I knew I was missing out).

    I will start making the rounds and do some donations.

    What is considered appropriate amount?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5. #525  
    Any plans to make the "Homebrew" button go to the mobile version of the new homebrew gallery? That would be sweet.
  6. #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Any plans to make the "Homebrew" button go to the mobile version of the new homebrew gallery? That would be sweet.
    Didn't realize this had been answered above. Sorry.
  7. #527  
    Very nice app... keep up the good work I love the shake your pre to past thank you for this... After hard resetting my pre i used this to install every thing i wanted...

    I have to tell you a funny story while I am here I was at Bluestem coffee shop here in Manhattan Kansas and I shook my pre to past the link and installed an app this one guy walked over and said (no joke he said this) If your that frustrated at your phone you should get the new 3GS iPhone) I looked at him and said that's insulting... I then showed him what I was doing and so on also showed him the tethering app for the pre as well. He was totally shocked on how smooth the pre was and how well it worked I also showed him the Google voice app. I even let him connect to my phone via wifi and so on... So ya i gave him my number he called me 2 days later saying he returned his iPhone and got the Pre and wanted help rooting it so he could install apps on it... I thought that was cool as hell he also did the refer-a-friend thing too... that's like 9 or 10 now...
  8. #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Very nice app... keep up the good work I love the shake your pre to past thank you for this... After hard resetting my pre i used this to install every thing i wanted...

    I have to tell you a funny story while I am here I was at Bluestem coffee shop here in Manhattan Kansas and I shook my pre to past the link and installed an app this one guy walked over and said (no joke he said this) If your that frustrated at your phone you should get the new 3GS iPhone) I looked at him and said that's insulting... I then showed him what I was doing and so on also showed him the tethering app for the pre as well. He was totally shocked on how smooth the pre was and how well it worked I also showed him the Google voice app. I even let him connect to my phone via wifi and so on... So ya i gave him my number he called me 2 days later saying he returned his iPhone and got the Pre and wanted help rooting it so he could install apps on it... I thought that was cool as hell he also did the refer-a-friend thing too... that's like 9 or 10 now...
    There must be a later version of fileCoaster out there or something (I just installed mine 2 or 3 days, ago) because the shake-to-paste thing isn't happening.

    EDIT: Nope. Same version as the first page. Oh well.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    There must be a later version of fileCoaster out there or something (I just installed mine 2 or 3 days, ago) because the shake-to-paste thing isn't happening.

    EDIT: Nope. Same version as the first page. Oh well.
    Shake to paste should be in the public version of 1.0.2
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  10. #530  
    Ran into what is likely a non-issue, but when attempting to install the "Comics" app from the Homebrew app store (hehe, like how I threw that in?), it froze on the "Downloading" status for about 4-5 minutes. I had walked away and came back to find the Pre unresponsive. However, after a few swipes/gestures/center button pushes, the Pre woke back up and I was able to close the fileCoaster app. I reopened, attempted to reinstall, and everything worked out the 2nd time around.

    Just a heads up if anyone else has this problem.

    Thanks again for the awesome app!
  11. tamvegas's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post
    Your Phone is full. Delete some Files (Mp3,Video,Pics etc....)
    For me, the install error on a newer version app means I just have to uninstall the app first. The the FileCoaster install goes fine. And my settings in the updated app are retained
  12. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #532  
    ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

    I will be releasing version 1.1.0 tonight which includes Homebrew v2 support!!! Stay tuned for more information!!!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  13. #533  
    You rock, PreGame!!
  14. #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

    I will be releasing version 1.1.0 tonight which includes Homebrew v2 support!!! Stay tuned for more information!!!
    I was about to suggest this.
    KEWL
  15. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #535  
    feature request: easy way to remove the previously pasted URL after the download/install completes. Why? so that installation of subsequent apps can be done quicker. I had my Pre die on me and I had to re-laod all the homebrews in batch and this part was a chore. I found it quicker to kill filecoaster and restart it then to simply clear the input field. Unless of course I'm missing something obvious which wouldn't be unheard of.
  16. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    feature request: easy way to remove the previously pasted URL after the download/install completes. Why? so that installation of subsequent apps can be done quicker. I had my Pre die on me and I had to re-laod all the homebrews in batch and this part was a chore. I found it quicker to kill filecoaster and restart it then to simply clear the input field. Unless of course I'm missing something obvious which wouldn't be unheard of.
    Read the OP, simple shake your pre to remove the URL then shake again to Paste the url from the clipboard.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  17. #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Read the OP, simple shake your pre to remove the URL then shake again to Paste the url from the clipboard.
    btw...gr8 beta 3...looks gr8!!!
  18. #538  
    not sure if this is possible...but maybe one of ur future releases should have in the homebrew list section info on if u have the latest version of a program so u can update and if u have it already it'll just say "up to date" or something like that...not sure if its possible but just putting it out there
  19. twotone's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Sounds like you have run out of room on your pre. Make sure you have enough space. Also I believe there is a limit on applications that can be installed but I am not sure on the limit number.
    Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post
    Your Phone is full. Delete some Files (Mp3,Video,Pics etc....)
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try removing some apps.

    In USB drive mode it says I have 3 GB left, so it can't be that I have too many mp3's or other files in the /media/internal directory.

    It seems people have said that the Linux system files are in a separate partition - maybe that partition is full, or maybe I've hit the limit for the number of apps installed. I did install a whole buch of homebrew apps to try them out, but that's kindof lame if there is a limit to the number of apps you can have installed. You should be able to install however many you have room for in your device.
  20. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if this is possible...but maybe one of ur future releases should have in the homebrew list section info on if u have the latest version of a program so u can update and if u have it already it'll just say "up to date" or something like that...not sure if its possible but just putting it out there
    This is slated for a future release as currently that information is unavailable from the homebrew list.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps

Posting Permissions