Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    I couldnt download it . Wouldnt install .
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    you cannot just click the link and install the application. YOU MUST READ the original post on how to install this application!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I just downloaded the webos quickinstaller and it's unzipped and unpacked into the meta folder and I click on the org.jdesktop.application cannot start application,
    PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.0.6001.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3074
    System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Sean's/Downloads/Palmcom/META-INF/services/org.jdesktop.application.Application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\Sean's\Downloads\Palmcom\META-INF\services\org.jdesktop.application.Application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/Sean's/Downloads/Palmcom/META-INF/services/org.jdesktop.application.Application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
    + Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [8/4/2009 8:26:12 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Sean's\Downloads\Palmcom\META-INF\services\org.jdesktop.application.Application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/4/2009 8:26:14 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
    - Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Users/Sean's/Downloads/Palmcom/META-INF/services/org.jdesktop.application.Application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionSto re subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Xml.XmlException
    - Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
    - Source: System.Xml
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

I cant even install the webos quickinstaller? I cant even get to the filecoaster.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    how did u get the filecoaster on ur pre...when i try to downloadd the quick install it gives me a page with fcomputer codes...
    I haven't even gotten that far, I installed the webosquickinstaller...I think LOL, it downloaded the webos doctor, but that is as far as I've gotten .
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    You guys should be asking the webos quick install questions in that thread as I am not to familiar with it. If you don't want to use webos quick installer download and install the palm sdk

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

I have the pre in developer mode, ok, hooked up via usb.
    changed the setting in the quickinstaller.
    downloaded: com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.2_all.ipk
    added it to the quickinstaller and I get this message:

c:\program files\Palm,Inc\Install\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.2_all.ipk
    (The system could not find the path specified)

(ok)
    What to do now?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    After a day of use, here are my ideas, bug report, likes and dislikes:

Ideas:
    Leave coments/ ratings
    Search
    Categories
    Screenshots
    App count (kinda like the palm app store)
    date added

Bugs:
    when using the back gesture after installing an app, the list is gone until you try scrolling

Likes/Dislikes:
    +Link to mobile precentral in the menu
    +download status bar
    -the list has a continuous scroll..., starts itself over
    Yeah... I'm loving this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Super Sweet!! Only all of a sudden for the past couple of days, any app I try to install gives me the "Install Error" Message. Any ideas why??

BTW, about at the same time, I am no longer able to copy files to my pre via sftp like I was before, now I get the message in my ftp program - "permission denied". These could be related, I don't know enough to be able to figure out what's going on. Maybe a linux user permissions thing.
    Last edited by twotone; 08/05/2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Added information
    When installing an app via url after downloading it should say Installed, not tap to download again.
    Keep up the great work
    Any chance of changing the HomeBrew button from the Homebrew thread to the Homebrew Gallery?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Any chance of changing the HomeBrew button from the Homebrew thread to the Homebrew Gallery?
    ...and integrating it into the UI instead of making me copy and paste? Not that it's that big a deal, but, you know, now that it's there...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    ...and integrating it into the UI instead of making me copy and paste? Not that it's that big a deal, but, you know, now that it's there...
    This is already done in the beta.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    This is already done in the beta.
    so where can i get the beta??? the new homebrew app page is super cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    Go back to the original post. His beta testers are all people who have donated.
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    Very first post says something about gaining early access to beta's by donating for the app development.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Go back to the original post. His beta testers are all people who have donated.
    gotcha... donation on the way.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    When installing an app via url after downloading it should say Installed, not tap to download again.
    Keep up the great work
    It does say installed, it then activates a timer to reset it back to Tap to Download.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Super Sweet!! Only all of a sudden for the past couple of days, any app I try to install gives me the "Install Error" Message. Any ideas why??

BTW, about at the same time, I am no longer able to copy files to my pre via sftp like I was before, now I get the message in my ftp program - "permission denied". These could be related, I don't know enough to be able to figure out what's going on. Maybe a linux user permissions thing.
    Sounds like you have run out of room on your pre. Make sure you have enough space. Also I believe there is a limit on applications that can be installed but I am not sure on the limit number.

OK, I've decided to jump in and try some of the Homebrew apps. I was waiting patiently for Palm but I guess I want to move a little. So even though I'm a little scared I'm going to try this.

I did use Shadow Mites stuff on my Treo back in the day!

I have one main question before I start however:

I have two computers, both are Vista but one is a 32bit machine (an old laptop) and the other is a 64bit machine (a big desktop with lots of memory).

Which machine am I going to have the least problems getting this stuff to work?

I have downloaded FileCoaster and WebOSQuickIntall. I have Java version 6.0.150 installed.

So before I begin, I just need that first question answered please. 32 or 64... which will cause less headaches.

Thanks!

Rob

PS I hope to hear from someone soon, I want to try this out today.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)