Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Looks great from my initial use! AMAZING that the pre recognizes the photos that are downloaded.

Also, pumped you used my icon.!! I noticed when you move it to the quick launch bar it reverts back to the old image. Do you need me to resize the one I sent?

Again, this app is GREAT! Lookin forward to next release.. I'll post again after I have had a chance to use it fully, along with suggestions
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I just got the new beta as well and it looks good! I like the new logo. It's nice having the Homebrew App List. I assume the descriptions and maybe screenshots will be added in an upcoming release? What about grouping them in categories? How are they sorted right now? I would like to see an option to have them alphabetical by category and then another option to have them sorted by latest release so I can quickly check and see if theres an update of an app I use.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Yes

BTW I am emailing out Beta v2 to all those people part of the beta group as I type this! Check your email!
    thanks for the release... my computer with all my pre stuff is tied up right now i will report back as soon as i get it installed.
    MatterOfFactJack
    The app looks gr8...I love the separating of the homebrew app and link download menu...keep it up
    b2 is much better!!!! Great update!

I had to install it my old way but hey I got to use my script one last time
    Any fix for the downloaded apps that don't install/appear in the launcher?

I have fileCoaster installed but apps don't show up anywhere and now when I attempt to install through QuickInstall the apps don't appear, either. Thought maybe I had too many so I deleted MyNotifications and tried to reinstall to no avail.
    Scratch that - I was using the thread URL instead of the page URL :/

Works great now!
    Love the new beta. twhen selecting an app, the description is empty. It would be nice if you can fix up the main app list a little, it should be separated the icon with the words (kind of like tweed...) also would you be able to include the date the app was added/updated? That would help a lot too.
    Keep up the great work.
    I greatly apologize if this has already been asked, didn't feel like reading through 25 pages of threads.

Does file coster only work with pre central? I tried dl'ing the woot app from delicious morsel by manually typing in the ipk address. But the download failed.
    Works like a charm - thank you!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorshow13 View Post
    I greatly apologize if this has already been asked, didn't feel like reading through 25 pages of threads.

Does file coster only work with pre central? I tried dl'ing the woot app from delicious morsel by manually typing in the ipk address. But the download failed.
    What is the url you are typing?

For some reason, fileCoaster didn't let me install the Twee app from that same company. I even had the correct link entered. So either the server permissions from Delicious Morsel aren't allowing the download or the app can only be installed through the computer.
    Follow Me On

I also had trouble installing the wooton! app from delicious morsel. A quick trip to the command line revealed that it downloaded but did not install. I don't know why. I was able to do ipkg -o /var install wooton-0.1.ipk and the file installed. Of course, then I couldn't do the rescan from the terminal app, so I had to reboot.

It would be nice if there was just a bit more feedback to the user of what is actually happening. But I'm very thankful that this app works for most applications!

For testing, the link to download the wooton app can be found at http://www.deliciousmorsel.com/app/wootonwebos.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Like the look of the new beta. Would like to see a number of sort options (i.e. alphabetical, by release data). Categories would be nice (and sorting within categories).

Couldn't install the new beta using the old beta. Had to use the palm-install.bat method.

Thanks for a great app.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanRoss View Post
    Like the look of the new beta. Would like to see a number of sort options (i.e. alphabetical, by release data). Categories would be nice (and sorting within categories).

Couldn't install the new beta using the old beta. Had to use the palm-install.bat method.

Thanks for a great app.
    yea there was a bug in Beta 1 that broke the URL File download. You can use Beta 1 to install the old filecoaster from the Homebrew List then use the old version of fileCoaster to update to Beta 2.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    What is the url you are typing?
    I manually typed "http://www.deliciousmorsel.com/files/wooton-0.1.ipk"
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I manually typed "http://www.deliciousmorsel.com/files/wooton-0.1.ipk"
    Yea something with their hosting only allows part of the file to download.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Yea something with their hosting only allows part of the file to download.
    same thing happened to me...i decided to just put my pre in dev mode and do it that way
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Or you can try what I posted earlier ( a few pages back, I think (at least, I think it was this thread).

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1786864

My work computer is locked down, so I can;t install stuff until I get home until I figured that way out
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre24 View Post
    When I try to download the filecoaster it says can not find an application which can open this file! NEED HELP!
    were u able to get help wit this i have the same problem