Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I don't know about other folks, but I constantly have things in my notification area (at least one app is always trying to tell me something), so I often don't see the bottom 15-20px of the screen, which is where this app tells me it's downloading or installing. The first time I used the app, I didn't think it was working 'cause I didn't see its notification.

Bugs:
    1. When I toggle to the URL heading, then back to Homebrew, I no longer see the list. Scrolling through it fixes the problem for now.

Feature Requests:
    1. Mimic the App store approach of opening details page when you tap an app. I understand if it's currently not possible to get a description from PreCentral, but it would be a place holder until one does become available as well as solve other user's problems of accidental installation. This would also solve my above issue of not seeing the DL/Install dialog.

2. Somehow Identify which apps are already installed and have an update.

3. Shrink the icons/text slightly to allow more apps to be on the page simultaneously. This would be more feasible once we can pull descriptions from PreCentral.

Other:
    I just want to say thank you, PreGame. I've been following the community since almost day 1, and your contributions have been epic. Your app would be infinitely useful as it stands now, and your willingness to improve it further makes me happy about the future of homebrew on this beast.
    can you use filecoaster to install the latest filecoaster.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    u can use filecoaster,,,preload,,or webOS quick install
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    I don't know about other folks, but I constantly have things in my notification area (at least one app is always trying to tell me something), so I often don't see the bottom 15-20px of the screen, which is where this app tells me it's downloading or installing. The first time I used the app, I didn't think it was working 'cause I didn't see its notification.

Bugs:
    1. When I toggle to the URL heading, then back to Homebrew, I no longer see the list. Scrolling through it fixes the problem for now.

Feature Requests:
    1. Mimic the App store approach of opening details page when you tap an app. I understand if it's currently not possible to get a description from PreCentral, but it would be a place holder until one does become available as well as solve other user's problems of accidental installation. This would also solve my above issue of not seeing the DL/Install dialog.

2. Somehow Identify which apps are already installed and have an update.

3. Shrink the icons/text slightly to allow more apps to be on the page simultaneously. This would be more feasible once we can pull descriptions from PreCentral.

Other:
    I just want to say thank you, PreGame. I've been following the community since almost day 1, and your contributions have been epic. Your app would be infinitely useful as it stands now, and your willingness to improve it further makes me happy about the future of homebrew on this beast.
    All great requests and have been added to the todo list.

You can!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    i know tapping homebrew takes you to this forum, but i was wondering if it will ever take you directly to a list of apps?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i know tapping homebrew takes you to this forum, but i was wondering if it will ever take you directly to a list of apps?
    Yes the beta has a list of apps to install from directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    tru and it looks nice...but i already had trouble downloading and installing an app last night...which i then tried on preload and worked perfectly...very weird
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Speaking of betas... an email would be the sexiest. ;D
    the beta is well put together and to be honest, and not to back PMP preload, but i like the UI of your app better... now if preload is based off of your work why werent you credited?? did u willing give them your source code?
    one thing i did notice ,and im sure this has been mentioned, but when scrolling up from the app list, the list gets laggy and starts to jump around... when scrolling down all is good though
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    one thing i did notice ,and im sure this has been mentioned, but when scrolling up from the app list, the list gets laggy and starts to jump around... when scrolling down all is good though
    Yea I think it is because it gets rid of the images when not in use so when you start scrolling up it reloads them.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Yea I think it is because it gets rid of the images when not in use so when you start scrolling up it reloads them.
    Speaking of reloading, if you do so you'll see someone is desperately begging for his beta email.

*cough*
    Last edited by jcettison; 08/03/2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Speaking of reloading, if you do so you'll see someone is desperately begging for his beta email.

*cough*
    As I stated before beta's are not sent out when a donation is received. The beta is sent out on application updates. Be patient as one might be coming out tonight ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    As I stated before beta's are not sent out when a donation is received. The beta is sent out on application updates. Be patient as one might be coming out tonight ;-P
    Patience is a virtue and I'm all about sin; I'll do my best though. Excited to see the progress you guys have made. I consider this app to be at the forefront of the homebrew scene. With something like this under it's belt, Homebrew won't be so much of a chore and might even spread to non-enthusiasts.

I've seen so many complaints about the Pre that have already been addressed via Homebrew, it makes the tears come.
    so if i donate i can get a look at this marvel?
    oh and will i always get to see an up to date version as the beta is realeased?
    sorry but i need ten posts haha
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    i wanna kno that too...i hope so!!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    Yes

BTW I am emailing out Beta v2 to all those people part of the beta group as I type this! Check your email!

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just got the new beta. Looks great. Very easy to use. Love ability to download for Classic, too.

Thanks! Great job!