Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1245
  1. #441  
    Very well done new version is great.
    Perhaps if possible when selecting an app if we can get a page giving us a short description of the app (page be hosted online somewhere) and perhaps a screen shot or two

    Gdial gives us a little preview of our history as well as loads online page so perhaps a screen like that linking each app to a description.

    I hope that suggestion makes sense.. haha it makes sense in my head.

    would also be nice for the app to resize when notifications are showing at the bottom.

    i am unable to understand what the number is next to the version of the app... is it by chance the file size? maybe perhaps having letters byt next to them
    MatterOfFactJack
  2. tamvegas's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #442  
    The beta is excellent! Thanks. Looking forward to the next iteration.

    Is this capable of installing MyTether yet without rooting?
    Already installed it, but still curious.
  3. shypnoi's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #443  
    Do I need a computer and internet to get homebrew apps on my pre? If so, is there any other way to get homebrew apps? I tried to find it on the forums but no luck... All I have is my pre for internet =(. I hope some one can help!
  4. #444  
    I love what you've done with the beta but agree with some of the recent comments.

    1) It's way too easy to accidently download an application when swiping through the list of apps. A confirmation dialog is needed.

    2) When scrolling through the list of apps, I've found that I sometimes scroll the entire scene instead of the list of apps. That is annoying.

    3) It would be extremely useful to be able to see a description of the application in addition to the application name. Some of the application titles don't really describe what the application does.

    4) It would also be very useful if the application listing could compare the listed application version number with the installed version number and display if the application is an update. The alternative that I have to use is to go to the launcher and list the installed application versions. Then I have to swap between fileCoaster and the application list to determine whether a listed application is a newer version.

    Overall this application is an excellent tool and highly recommended. I was able to install the beta using my previously installed pre-beta version of fileCoaster with no problems and have used the beta to install new applications and updated versions of previously installed applications.
  5. #445  
    This errors after deleting a page fom my launcher by accident.
    Then I added more pages.
    Does you app look for a specific launcher page?
    Does the install error when more launcher pages are added?

    This app worked great for many app installs.
    Dave
  6. p4trickh's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #446  
    So far the new beta looks great but a few suggestions/questions/complaints.

    1. As said before it is too easy to select an app by mistake. It would be nice if when you clicked an app, it took you to a mini page that gave a description/info and offered a download with confirm button and a back button to go back to the list.

    2. Will this have an update feature that could use app versioning to check the installed apps for new versions and update them if any available updates exist?

    3. Not too thrilled with the fact that we don't have some kind of sectioning. It would be nice to see sections as the very first thing in the app instead of just launching into the list.

    That all said, the app is a great start and seems more stable than pre load so far. Hope to see more to come as it matures.
  7. #447  
    I've tried to download several different programs by pasting in the URLs this morning and every time I'm getting a file not found error from the 1.1.0 beta release. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the app or something with Precentral. I can download anything I want from the list of apps but when I paste in a URL I'm getting the error.

    Yes, I have confirmed that the URLs are copying correctly.
  8. kschroppe's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #448  
    I like the Beta nice job the icons are the best setup for looking at the apps.
  9. #449  
    Why is this stickied while PreLoad is not?

    Bias does not help our community. I pray for more participation and cooperation; you homebrew developers play an important part in the Pre's success.
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Why is this stickied while PreLoad is not?

    Bias does not help our community. I pray for more participation and cooperation; you homebrew developers play an important part in the Pre's success.
    Well, to be fair, fileCoaster has been around for awhile...perhaps the mods intend to sticky both or unsticky fileCoaster. Accusations of bias actually help our community less.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  11. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    gocha, i thought he just started to distribute the new release tonight, i can def wait for the beta..

    p.s. - PreGame u end up use that icon i made?
    Quote Originally Posted by dld121 View Post
    This errors after deleting a page fom my launcher by accident.
    Then I added more pages.
    Does you app look for a specific launcher page?
    Does the install error when more launcher pages are added?

    This app worked great for many app installs.
    Dave
    fileCoaster does not do anything with the launcher nor look for applications in the launcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    I've tried to download several different programs by pasting in the URLs this morning and every time I'm getting a file not found error from the 1.1.0 beta release. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the app or something with Precentral. I can download anything I want from the list of apps but when I paste in a URL I'm getting the error.

    Yes, I have confirmed that the URLs are copying correctly.
    What is the URL? I think precentral.net was going to display forum uploads which could affect this maybe???
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, to be fair, fileCoaster has been around for awhile...perhaps the mods intend to sticky both or unsticky fileCoaster. Accusations of bias actually help our community less.
    I didn't intend to insult anyone, so please don't take it that way. I like fileCoaster and have donated (albeit in an insignificant fashion, but every penny helps) to his cause.

    I simply mean to say that Palm has always been a little lackluster with it's updates -negligent, if you will. It is the Homebrew community that prevents me from regretting my purchasing decisions (though I'm sure Palm's beautifully open platform contributes significantly). In this vein of thought I believe important works like fileCoaster and PreLoad belong on the top, with as much attention and community support as possible.

    I see one up here, but it's so lonely.
  13. #453  
    when is the apps store going to be released already
  14. #454  
    can someone post a screencap of the new closed beta (as long as thats cool)
  15. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    can someone post a screencap of the new closed beta (as long as thats cool)
    Posting a screen cap would NOT do justice to the public release as I have plans to change the look completely based on the input I have received!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  16. #456  
    Any chance of a beta email now that I've donated? xD
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by shypnoi View Post
    Do I need a computer and internet to get homebrew apps on my pre? If so, is there any other way to get homebrew apps? I tried to find it on the forums but no luck... All I have is my pre for internet =(. I hope some one can help!
    You need a PC to do any hacking. I am sure someone you know has a pc. Ask them if you can Install fcoaster with it. Then you can install as much homebrew as you like. You can even upgrade fcoaster with fcoaster.
  18. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #458  
    Exciting news... I was just wondering how your going to implement the updates? Can you use the notification bar? I always thought palm shoulda tried this with their app catalog if it was possible.
  19. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    Exciting news... I was just wondering how your going to implement the updates? Can you use the notification bar? I always thought palm shoulda tried this with their app catalog if it was possible.
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! You read my mind
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    fileCoaster does not do anything with the launcher nor look for applications in the launcher.



    What is the URL? I think precentral.net was going to display forum uploads which could affect this maybe???
    hehe glad you took out the blurp about competetion and the praise shown on perload thread. like i said i love how each dev is doing there own. and all it will do is allow them to share ideas together and perhaps at some point be able to allow each app to download from all the different repositories
    MatterOfFactJack

Posting Permissions