Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Here's a look at another app that will do the same thing as FileCoaster and then some.

P.S I love Filecoaster
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    What is the quickest way to clear out the FILE LOCATION field in the app? I usually hold the Shift key while backspacing. Would be nice if there was an easier way, maybe a clear button. Would come in handy when installing multiple apps.
    Just wanted to let the author know that this is the only app I've been able to install with the WebOSQuickInstall. Thanks to this program, I've gotten all the other apps I wanted. Fantastic Job!!!

Donations to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    What is the quickest way to clear out the FILE LOCATION field in the app? I usually hold the Shift key while backspacing. Would be nice if there was an easier way, maybe a clear button. Would come in handy when installing multiple apps.
    shake the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I followed your steps precisely, but I got the dreaded:
    ERROR 1 Connection Refused
    ERROR Connect

I'm going to search to see what I find out about that error.

Step 1: I d/l the Web OS Quick Install file and put a .jar at the end. That program seemed to work well as it opens fine. It did ask to d/l the Web OS Doctor which is on my desktop right underneath the Quick Install File.

Step 2: I put my phone in Dev Mode, allowed it to restart, plugged it into the computer and chose "just charge."

Step 3: I d/l FileCoaster and saved it in the "install" folder that seemed to come along with the Quick Install program.

Step 4: I hit the + sign on the Quick Install program and selected filecoaster.ipk. I did notice that the file wouldn't show up until I closed the Quick Install program and then opened it back up at which point filecoaster was in the Quick Install program. Next, I clicked "install" on the Quick Install program.

Step 5: Error message.

NO way!!!! I got it! I had to do something with Orca and something else with Novacom or whatever it's called. But it's working from my Pre now! I had a carpenter's level on my phone!

Okay, a few follow up questions if you will, please. Where did that Novacom stuff save on my computer? Should I uninstall it since I'm going to be d/l the .ipk files using just my Palm? Can I uninstall the Web OS quick install also?

congrates friend!! and to answer your questions im not sure were novacom goes a lil searching you should find it and if you want you can uninstall those i guess are keep them who knows they made come in handy again say if palm updates and magically decides to go apple and kill everything!!! lol itll be good to have something thaats as simple as web os installer to get something as simple and cord free as file coaster. haha but its all personal desicion
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Can I PLEASE get some help? I downloaded Webosinstaller. Got it set as as a desk top icon. When I dl WebOs, it said it needed to dl WebOsDr. Did that. Set as a desktop icon. Now what? When I double click the dr icon it says " invalid or corrupt file"
    What am I doing wrong? Once I dl these, then what? Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Can I PLEASE get some help? I downloaded Webosinstaller. Got it set as as a desk top icon. When I dl WebOs, it said it needed to dl WebOsDr. Did that. Set as a desktop icon. Now what? When I double click the dr icon it says " invalid or corrupt file"
    What am I doing wrong? Once I dl these, then what? Sorry

make sure that web os installer is downloaded as a ".jar" file if you have latest jave and web os doctor downloaded dont worry about opening web os doctor just open up web os installer it should be up and running and you can drag what ever ".ipk" into it . but make sure you put your pre in dev mode and then plug it in to your comp and hit "just charge"
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I went to the link on the first post. It said it was a .jar file. Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post

---------------------
    NOTES
    ---------------------
    This does install the My Tether application ONLY, it DOES NOT install the My Tether Service. Palm does not allow services to be installed without rooting as of yet. HOWEVER when you install My Tether via fileCoaster your pre will freeze / be slow until you close fileCoaster and re-open it. I believe this is caused by fileCoaster trying to install the My Tether service but not being able to.

Also it seems to only install applications created via the palm-package.bat file. The previous 'How to package manually' posted on the predev wiki DOES NOT work with this applications. If you have issues installing an application post here to see if others installed it successfully.

You may have to many applications stalled or not enough memory.

---------------------
    So in a sense it does not install a working my tether. considering the app will not work without tether service. which requires root (precentral.net version) so people should not use filecoaster for installing my tether.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I went to the link on the first post. It said it was a .jar file. Now what?

i know it says that but when i downloaded it google chrome tried to download it as something else so i had to change it ok so go to where it is make sure its a jar file open it up and you should see it openfrom there yu can drag and drop all the ".ipk"s you want and install them
    for some reason this doesnt work at all for me. when it says it is downloading it takes forever!!! and i just give up.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    i know it says that but when i downloaded it google chrome tried to download it as something else so i had to change it ok so go to where it is make sure its a jar file open it up and you should see it openfrom there yu can drag and drop all the ".ipk"s you want and install them
    I click on it from my desk top ( right click) and it has .jar on the end of it. When I left click it ( to open) is says it needs to dl WebOs Dr
    do we need to install following the installation instructions in the first post? I'm trying to install WebOSQuickInstall right now... but I just want to make sure you can't just install using ipkg install?

I guess thats why i can't update any of the apps I already have installed...
    I click on it from my desk top ( right click) and it has .jar on the end of it. When I left click it ( to open) is says it needs to dl WebOs Dr
    ok you need web os doctor to run it so get that. There should be a link on the web os installer page. Don't use web os doctor cause its a fail safe and lsst resort it factory defaults your pre put both in the same folder and try running it then
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    So it looks like filecoaster has some healthy competition with PreLoad. Hope we get a beta of filecoaster soon as I'm eager to try it out.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    The beta will be released this afternoon. I am currently working on packaging it up for release. The user interface needs MUCH improvement but hey... it's a beta . I will post here when I have sent out the beta to all members that have donated.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    The beta will be released this afternoon. I am currently working on packaging it up for release. The user interface needs MUCH improvement but hey... it's a beta . I will post here when I have sent out the beta to all members that have donated.
    i donated 2 days ago...do i still get the beta?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I love the new shake to clear... much better than trying to highlight and backspace over and over! I could never seem to get the cursor to be at the tail end of the text... always had to select and clear twice. Now I just shaaaaaaaaaaake!
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i donated 2 days ago...do i still get the beta?
    Donated last night, looking forward to the beta.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    My main concern with the current logo is just the white pixelly border around the edge. Looks like its not supposed to be there. However, this icon suggestion by Spunks3 isn't bad! It's nice!

Keep it up guys! Can't wait for the next release!
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347