Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1245
  1. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #381  
    heres something i threw together before work...

    also it may be hard to see but there is a circle with opacity behind the pre itself. maybe you can test it out on ur device to see how it looks...

    lemme know?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    Copy link location... How do I get this on webOS browser? I'm trying to download a firmware upgrade for my old router.
    You could try clicking the link and when it opens a new browser window pull the url bar down and copy it from there.
  3. #383  
    I downloaded the installer on my desktop and have my pre connected as charge only. the WebOS Installer screen shows nothing inside. now what?
  4. dsloar's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #384  
    Awesome app. Works Excellent. Thanks.
  5. #385  
    I must not have a normal Pre. When I tap the text box to select and copy, the only thing that happens is, the screen magnifies and shrinks the text, normal behavior. I simply cannot select any text on my Pre which is not editable. I think this is normal Pre stuff. When did the Pre start being able to select text from any screen? If there is something else I need to do, please let me know, as I would love to be able to install apps using your app. (your app is installed ony my Pre, Dev mode enabled, etc. I can install apps using desctop installer. Just have never been able to select and copy anything but editable text on Pre...)
  6. plee3ac's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtclarinet View Post
    I must not have a normal Pre. When I tap the text box to select and copy, the only thing that happens is, the screen magnifies and shrinks the text, normal behavior. I simply cannot select any text on my Pre which is not editable. I think this is normal Pre stuff. When did the Pre start being able to select text from any screen? If there is something else I need to do, please let me know, as I would love to be able to install apps using your app. (your app is installed ony my Pre, Dev mode enabled, etc. I can install apps using desctop installer. Just have never been able to select and copy anything but editable text on Pre...)
    It is not that you can select non-editable text on the Pre, but the fact that if you log into precentral.net and use the mobile version (m.precentral.net), the download links on the first page for each homebrew apps are in editable text boxes.

    From there you can select the URL for copying and then pasting later into fileCoaster for downloading.

    Hope this helps... plee3
  7. #387  
    @Plee3 Gosh, thanks so much for the explanation. I thought the link to the Apps page from filecoaster was the right one. I'll go to the mobile site . I was also secretly hoping that the Pre was able to really cut and paste. Oh well.
  8. #388  
    It doesn't@matter which site ur on, the link you want is the 'download' link. Only that is copyable. Got it now. Yay.
  9. spenzalii's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #389  
    *golf claps* Most impressive. Makes homebrew on the go and downloads that much easier. Thank you soooooo very much
  10. coachdvc's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #390  
    WTF does this mean?!!!!!: "First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK (if you already have it and are familiar with the palm.bat files) or WebOS Quick Installer (if you do not have the SDK and like GUI's).
    I STRONGLY RECOMMENDING INSTALLING fileCOASTER with WebOS Quick Installer!!!"

    I'm sorry for posting this, but I still don't get it. I'm reading and it says I can do all of this from my phone (the Pre). But yet, when I try to follow the directions it doesn't work. What needs to be installed on my Pre first?!

    It seems like the first page starts off with the assumption that the phone was already set up to make everything happen. I wish I was as tech savvy as some of you, but I'm not. I need a step, by step, by step explanation. There is at least a step 1 missing because from my pre, I cannot d/l the filecoaster file. Please help!

    ***Pretend you were explaining it to a 3 year old, i.e. "first turn on your pre; second open the web to precentral.net; third..."

    PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
    Last edited by coachdvc; 08/01/2009 at 01:41 AM.
  11. caj27's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    You could try clicking the link and when it opens a new browser window pull the url bar down and copy it from there.
    When I tap the download link on the linksys site it gives me an error saying that the file can't be opened by any application on the Pre.
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    WTF does this mean?!!!!!: "First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK (if you already have it and are familiar with the palm.bat files) or WebOS Quick Installer (if you do not have the SDK and like GUI's).
    I STRONGLY RECOMMENDING INSTALLING fileCOASTER with WebOS Quick Installer!!!"

    I'm sorry for posting this, but I still don't get it. I'm reading and it says I can do all of this from my phone (the Pre). But yet, when I try to follow the directions it doesn't work. What needs to be installed on my Pre first?!

    It seems like the first page starts off with the assumption that the phone was already set up to make everything happen. I wish I was as tech savvy as some of you, but I'm not. I need a step, by step, by step explanation. There is at least a step 1 missing because from my pre, I cannot d/l the filecoaster file. Please help!

    ***Pretend you were explaining it to a 3 year old, i.e. "first turn on your pre; second open the web to precentral.net; third..."

    PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
    ok coachdvc its simple you want file coaster on your pre correct? well it cant just be put on your pre from your pre it needs to be put on your pre from the desktop of your pc. you have windows? go here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html download this app follow this apps instructions and make sure that you download it as a ".jar" file at the end of it. when this is done up and running you can then download the file coaster ipk to your desk top place it in the web os quick installer app (just drag and drop) and put your pre in dev mode (the konami code "UPUPDOWNDOWNLEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTBASTART" WORD FOR WORD JUST LIKE THAT) then plug your pre into the computer via the usb cord press on your pre "just charge". you still folowing? ok lol then simply press install now file coaster is installed on your pre and you can start doing what ever you want with it any more questions?
  13. OSU0034's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #393  
    Great job with this app. It's almost like having a homebrew app catalog. Now if only we can make it a bit prettier/work a bit cleaner with precentral.
  14. coachdvc's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo621 View Post
    ok coachdvc its simple you want file coaster on your pre correct? well it cant just be put on your pre from your pre it needs to be put on your pre from the desktop of your pc. you have windows? go here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html download this app follow this apps instructions and make sure that you download it as a ".jar" file at the end of it. when this is done up and running you can then download the file coaster ipk to your desk top place it in the web os quick installer app (just drag and drop) and put your pre in dev mode (the konami code "UPUPDOWNDOWNLEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTBASTART" WORD FOR WORD JUST LIKE THAT) then plug your pre into the computer via the usb cord press on your pre "just charge". you still folowing? ok lol then simply press install now file coaster is installed on your pre and you can start doing what ever you want with it any more questions?
    I followed your steps precisely, but I got the dreaded:
    ERROR 1 Connection Refused
    ERROR Connect

    I'm going to search to see what I find out about that error.

    Step 1: I d/l the Web OS Quick Install file and put a .jar at the end. That program seemed to work well as it opens fine. It did ask to d/l the Web OS Doctor which is on my desktop right underneath the Quick Install File.

    Step 2: I put my phone in Dev Mode, allowed it to restart, plugged it into the computer and chose "just charge."

    Step 3: I d/l FileCoaster and saved it in the "install" folder that seemed to come along with the Quick Install program.

    Step 4: I hit the + sign on the Quick Install program and selected filecoaster.ipk. I did notice that the file wouldn't show up until I closed the Quick Install program and then opened it back up at which point filecoaster was in the Quick Install program. Next, I clicked "install" on the Quick Install program.

    Step 5: Error message.


    NO way!!!! I got it! I had to do something with Orca and something else with Novacom or whatever it's called. But it's working from my Pre now! I had a carpenter's level on my phone!

    Okay, a few follow up questions if you will, please. Where did that Novacom stuff save on my computer? Should I uninstall it since I'm going to be d/l the .ipk files using just my Palm? Can I uninstall the Web OS quick install also?
    Last edited by coachdvc; 08/01/2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed!
  15. #395  
    No problems
  16. #396  
    I was just thinking that maybe the dev could have the app do a search on the precentral forums and list all ipk files and then you just click the ipk file you want to install and it installs it. This would be easier than the copy and paste that we have to do now. Maybe scanning the title of the thread and looking for 'NRR' so that only ipk files that dont require root will be listed. This may also force some of the other devs to create easy to read and standardized headings for their threads.

    Just a thought. I Love that I dont have to connect to my laptop now to install. I can't get the SDK working for linux and Ubuntu won't let go of my phone properly. it more or less disables it so that it has to be restarted in order to work again.
  17. #397  
    just donated, looking forward to the new beta.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #398  
    sorry if this has been replied but im not gonna go thru all these posts....its too much....my only question is...can filecoaster be blocked or deleted by palm thru an update?
  19. #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    just donated, looking forward to the new beta.
    same here...i donated last night
  20. donreed87's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #400  
    Not sure if its posted but I did a search with no result... I found a website to download music directly to the pre via filecoaster. The site has a decent selection and the downloads are about 2mins on a 3g connection...pretty cool! Beemp3.com - MP3 Search & Free MP3 Downloads

Posting Permissions