Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1245
  1. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #21  
    Solution for files not installing with fileCoaster:

    For your IPKs to be compatible with this application they must be created with the "palm-package.bat" method of the SDK. The former method of packaging applications as posted on the webos-internals wiki does not work with this.

    I've updated the IPK for My Notification so it is now compatible with fileCoaster
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  2. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #22  
    this a really great idea and great that precentral has cooperated and added the text field w/ link to all ipk downloads!
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  3. #23  
    haha i been waiting for this all day since i saw your announcement on the terminal app thread by rod
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have created the first Palm Pre GUI downloader/installer that does not require ROOT access. First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK and from then for now (until we get the public repository up) you
    1. Login to the homebrew forums from your pre
    2. Select the application you want and copy the download link from the textbox on the forums
    3. Paste the URL into the application.
    4. Click download.
    5. After the download is complete it will begin the install process if the file is an .ipk

    You can also download any other file you want on the net including mp3's.

    The files get stored into /media/internal/downloads and after you install the IPK it gets deleted to save space.

    This was built using palms libraries however I had to trick the services into thinking this is a palm app by changing the appId so that we could use their services.

    This application is AS IS and is only intended to be used to download beta applications from precentral.net. This is not an app catalog and you should use Palms App Catalog to sell your applications.

    This is for application testing only. The license and copyright information can be found [url= Commons Legal Code[/url] and [URL=" Friendly Version[/URL].

    Precentral and I are in the works of creating a feed from the application database to make this much easier than having to type in the url but like I said, it is still in the works!

    I would like to thank Precentral.net for working with me to get this application launched and modify their site to fit the communities needs.

    Thanks to Dieter for the icon and images!
    VERY NICE, as of yet have haven't tried it but looks promising please contact me with license details
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Solution for files not installing with fileCoaster:

    For your IPKs to be compatible with this application they must be created with the "palm-package.bat" method of the SDK. The former method of packaging applications as posted on the webos-internals wiki does not work with this.

    I've updated the IPK for My Notification so it is now compatible with fileCoaster
    Well then it looks like it's time to uninstall the terminal app.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  6. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Well then it looks like it's time to uninstall the terminal app.
    There are still MANY things that the terminal can do that this can not. No reason not to keep both.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  7. #27  
    This works very well for me! I just copied the info in the text boxes within the attachments area and pasted into the application. We need a better copy/paste method, because if it's not available, I have to resort to the home button + C, but if I don't place my finger properly, it will just delete everything and put C...and that sucks even more because I can't UNDO!

    Anyways, excellent work!!! I'm sure your efforts will not go unnoticed.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    There are still MANY things that the terminal can do that this can not. No reason not to keep both.
    Will terminal be able to view the file structure and even move things around if I wanted? I'm curious, I never used terminal, I'm a dos guy.
  9. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    This works very well for me! I just copied the info in the text boxes within the attachments area and pasted into the application. We need a better copy/paste method, because if it's not available, I have to resort to the home button + C, but if I don't place my finger properly, it will just delete everything and put C...and that sucks even more because I can't UNDO!

    Anyways, excellent work!!! I'm sure your efforts will not go unnoticed.
    Just press and hold the gesture area and "C" to copy. You know you are in the gesture area when the center LED lights up.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  10. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Will terminal be able to view the file structure and even move things around if I wanted? I'm curious, I never used terminal, I'm a dos guy.
    Yes you can do that with the terminal, but this isn't a thread about terminal We should stick to the awesomeness that is fileCoaster.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  11. #31  
    Can you add a button next to or under or wherever to clear the file location textbox so i dont have to hold backspace forever to install the second app.
  12. #32  
    Here is an idea... for conserving space on the var file system and being able to manipulate apps through usbmode. how about this app installs the files into the media directory and uses symlink for example placing an app in
    Code:
    /media/internal/apps/com.pregame.app.flashlight/
    this way homebrew could be kept there and official app catalog apps can go into /var/

    Here is a link to symlink wiki

    here is a link to symlink thread
    MatterOfFactJack
  13. #33  
    Hold shift and backspace- it does whole words.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  14. Pre24's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #34  
    When I try to download the filecoaster it says can not find an application which can open this file! NEED HELP!
  15. #35  
    Is it me or has anyone noticed that you just click on the Download Link and it automatically highlights. Is this new since 1.1?

    The link sent to email for the old method of Homebrew install doesn't seem to work. At least not for Craps.

    This is so awesome. Any way to add updating to it?
  16. #36  
    It's an app, you use palm-install or one of the other ways of installing an app. Look at the other stickys.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  17. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #37  
    Works Great! thank you!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  18. #38  
    Awesome-oh!!!! Thank you!!!!
  19. #39  
    This works great! Thanks. Although it seemed to have trouble on the second app. I had to close the program and open it again to install another app.

    Can't wait for it to just pull a list from the forums...
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Will terminal be able to view the file structure and even move things around if I wanted? I'm curious, I never used terminal, I'm a dos guy.
    With Terminal you'll be able to ssh into Linux, Unix, and OS X servers to maintain them. It's v powerful
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions