Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Thanks i love this App
    this app works great. love it. only suggestion i have is being able to have custom bookmarks in the app. the homebrew button is exactly what I mean, but with another site, such as an mp3 site, or whatever you set it to, so you wont have to open web and browse for it, it would all be done in the app. even if the button just opened web, its still nice; its all about simplicity
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Good suggestion, i will put that in for the next release!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    If you plug in as USB Drive the mp3's will be in the /downloads folder. Images get saved into wallpapers.

Once you download mp3's you can open up Music Player and it will detect the newly downloaded mp3's.
    Thanks for the quick response and for the help. Great app. When I down load the mp3s ive tried several times already. It downloaded. but when I check nothing hooked up usb to comp, looked in downloads folder, found a bunch of useless files maybe just me I will keep trying to figure it out. No one else seems to be having trouble. DLing mp3s from beemp3. Thanks again

Edit: Did nothing different finally worked. "Isn't that vierd?" "Vierd" LOL
    Last edited by daba; 07/29/2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Add update to post
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post
    Thanks for the quick response and for the help. Great app. When I down load the mp3s ive tried several times already. It downloaded. but when I check nothing hooked up usb to comp, looked in downloads folder, found a bunch of useless files maybe just me I will keep trying to figure it out. No one else seems to be having trouble. DLing mp3s from beemp3. Thanks again
    Thanks for the website. I just downloaded a song from beemp3 and it downloaded to the downloads folder no problem. That site will come in handy!!

I don't know if this has been mentioned. But if there was a way to choose the folders for mp3z, pics and videos etc. would be sweet!! Also the text box should clear itself on the event of successful download, or at least a clear button.

Thanks again sending donation now
    Has anyone else tried downloading Twee through fileCoaster? Seems to be stuck at downloading just a little over 50%.

And yes, I have dev mode enabled.
    Last edited by Croathlete; 07/29/2009 at 08:57 AM.
    Is there any way to install videos (mpg) onto your Pre. How can you install Videos onto the pre?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson4 View Post
    Is there any way to install videos (mpg) onto your Pre. How can you install Videos onto the pre?
    many many ways...

iTunes
    wget
    SFTP
    usb mode

need more?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This is awesome.

Really appreciate those of you who take the time to develop stuff like this.
    What file types do the videos have to be in? I am trying to put an MPG file and it wont work.
    Thanks for developing this. Hands down, the best homebrew app so far
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post

Edit: Did nothing different finally worked. "Isn't that vierd?" "Vierd" LOL
    If they are a bunch of file89283 files then that means you are downloading the webpage instead of the mp3. Make sure you are putting in the DIRECT link to the .mp3

Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thanks for the website. I just downloaded a song from beemp3 and it downloaded to the downloads folder no problem. That site will come in handy!!

I don't know if this has been mentioned. But if there was a way to choose the folders for mp3z, pics and videos etc. would be sweet!! Also the text box should clear itself on the event of successful download, or at least a clear button.

Thanks again sending donation now
    You can shake your pre and it will erase the text box.

What file types do the videos have to be in? I am trying to put an MPG file and it wont work.
    What are you using fileCoaster or USB? If using fileCoaster PM me the link you are using and I can troubleshoot or try and add that filetype.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Hey just a suggegtion and I don't know if this is posible but it would be nice when saving mp3 ors pictures to be able to name them whatever we want before they are saved. I just downloaded a song it it was named a number like 0003404545.mp3 so it would be nice if I could have renamed the file before saving. The only option I see now is to hook up my pre to my computer using a usb and rename it that way. I really can't wait for a file explorer application. LOL
    Well i did not try filecoaster since i thought it had to be either an mp3 or ipk format.Its not a file, its a video i have on my PC in the mpg format, and im trying to just egt on pre. I tried USB and creating a video folder (that did not work), then i just dropped the video in the PRE folder (that did not work). Is there a way to get an MP3 video on Itunes? I downloaded 2 mp3 files from limewire and they did not sync to itunes, nor was i able to get them on my pre.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Well i did not try filecoaster since i thought it had to be either an mp3 or ipk format.Its not a file, its a video i have on my PC in the mpg format, and im trying to just egt on pre. I tried USB and creating a video folder (that did not work), then i just dropped the video in the PRE folder (that did not work). Is there a way to get an MP3 video on Itunes? I downloaded 2 mp3 files from limewire and they did not sync to itunes, nor was i able to get them on my pre.
    fileCoaster doesn't sync with PC's it only downloads files from the net. You will have to post in the forums for help on that. Sorry.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    imn still having trouble instaling this and other apps could someone drop an aim or yahoo id to help me with this step by step?
    im having some trouble...
    i dl the filecoaster but when i try to dl another app
    1. do i have to be in dev mode?
    2. if not, after i copy the download link, where do i paste? (i don't understand "the application")

edit: i figured it out....its been a long day lol
    I tried to copy and paste the ipk and install file coaster from the forum to the pre, no luck im stuck bad please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by therock86 View Post
    im having some trouble...
    i dl the filecoaster but when i try to dl another app
    1. do i have to be in dev mode?
    2. if not, after i copy the download link, where do i paste? (i don't understand "the application")

edit: i figured it out....its been a long day lol
    how did u download filecoaster?
    This message is for PREGAME

okay i am a dumb *** and i tried following the direction to get these homebrew apps on my pre, but of course it didnt work. i was wondering if you could help me out?
    Another thing, you are the reason i got a pre like a couple weeks ago. i wanna also know how to send donations because i would rather pay you to develop something sweet for the pre than that useless crap in the app store. thanks