Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    This is great - but I can't figure out how to upgrade to a newer version of an app - just tells me its installed (for example trying to go from .23 to .30 of the prepod app)

-mark
    Shouldn't it just overwrite the app? I know filecoaster overwrites itself when you download and install the newer version. Did you check if it updated?

BTW updated from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 without a problem, using filecoaster.
    I finally managed to get this filecoaster installed (still on the road but used my parents computer). Thanks to the OP for providing this to us!
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethlongshaw View Post
    Got the app installed perfectly.

Installed the comics apps and downloaded some wallpapers WITHOUT having to email them to myself. Amazing.

One question though, now my phone makes a noise every I swipe an app card away to close it. Whats up with that?
    How are you viewing the downloaded images/wallpapers? I can not find mine in my "photos" section.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    This app is amazing. Really simple to install and use! I just read all the posts out there and it was amazingly easy to install. Thanks for the app and keep up the great work! Installed 9 apps already without any problems
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    brilliant work on this one.
    Awesome job man this is great! Had problem downloading go to tool but was running 1.0.0
    Was able to update to your last version using the app which i thought was great! 1.0.2 is working like a charm
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Not sure if this will help anyone, but, I thought it was neat... Just figured out a way to install non-PreCentral Homebrew apps using File Coaster

In addition to the apps here, I donated to 2 that are only available to folks who donate. The developers are emailing them to distribute them, so I don't have an easy download link like the apps here in the Homebrew forum.

(And I'm at work and can't access any of the sites I administer to put the files there).

So, I signed up for a Google Sites account (free) and created a new page as a "file locker". I uploaded the file I received in the email to the Google Sites file locker, then put the files new URL into File Coaster and it worked great.

You do have to make the Google Sites page public for it to work (it didn't work when the site was closed to only me, as File Coaster doesn't have a way to enter password info.) Then, I re-protected the site, so the file is not otherwise publicly available.

Worked great. Now I don't have to wait until I get home to install these apps
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Where does the mp3 file go to after you download them?
    Quote Originally Posted by g0d4lm1ty View Post
    great for downloading mp3's....

try beemp3.com

they give you a direct url you can copy and paste

Great website but can't figure out where the mp3 goes.
    Nevermind I got it. I was copying the wrong link.
    works great. thank you,
    my text is not turning yellow--it's turning gray when i try to copy

is therew some type of copying and pating video on the site?
    This is sweet #ss sweet app. thanks keep it up, I would but still reading
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Great Job. Works well for me so far.
    I'm still a little confused about this:

Do photos, mp3's you download during the usb connection/file coaster connection to your pre actually stay on your phone, or do they get deleted after you disconnect?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    A new version will be ready for testing soon. I have chosen the beta testers to be people who have made donations to my work. If you have donated you will receive an email with beta information.

The Beta release will be testing the homebrew-app list from precentral.net so you don't have to type in the url anymore as well as automatic updating of both filecoaster and other applications so that you are always on the most current version of a homebrew app. There is still time to join the Beta program. Click the link below in my signature or visit the original post.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    man, I've donated because this kind of effort is critical to making this platform a force and needs to be encouraged. Thanks for everything. 1.0.2 is working great for me. Appreciate it.
    the most preeminent program on the pre. possibly second to my notifications.

thanks for the hardwork, this makes me glad to be a pre user.
    Hey just dl'd two mp3s cant seem to find them any where. Apps downloaded fine. Thanks. Also how do you access media folder. tried the Pre And connecting usb couldn't find the folder. Help would be appreciated thanks. Awesome app Pregame. I will be opening a Paypal account just to donate to you guys keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daba View Post
    Hey just dl'd two mp3s cant seem to find them any where. Apps downloaded fine. Thanks. Also how do you access media folder. tried the Pre And connecting usb couldn't find the folder. Help would be appreciated thanks. Awesome app Pregame. I will be opening a Paypal account just to donate to you guys keep up the good work.
    If you plug in as USB Drive the mp3's will be in the /downloads folder. Images get saved into wallpapers.

Once you download mp3's you can open up Music Player and it will detect the newly downloaded mp3's.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps