Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    I have to say this is some awesome stuff that is being done! I have always been a Palm supporter because of open development like this! I just wish I had the know-how to do it myself!!!
    This will definatelly turn into a app store, but questions I have is how do I copy the link from the forums on my phone.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    This will definatelly turn into a app store, but questions I have is how do I copy the link from the forums on my phone.
    copy the link from the 'TextBox' on the forums just under the file you want to install then shake your pre to paste it into the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    copy the link from the 'TextBox' on the forums just under the file you want to install then shake your pre to paste it into the box.
    my pre won't allow me to copy from the text box, do I just click on the text in the textbox and it becomes yellow and then under edit my copy is grayed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    my pre won't allow me to copy from the text box, do I just click on the text in the textbox and it becomes yellow and then under edit my copy is grayed out.
    WHen the text is highlighted yellow touch the gesture area and the 'C' key at the same time. Switch to fileCoaster, select the text field, and touch the gesture area and press the 'V' key at the same time. This should do the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    WHen the text is highlighted yellow touch the gesture area and the 'C' key at the same time. Switch to fileCoaster, select the text field, and touch the gesture area and press the 'V' key at the same time. This should do the trick!
    sweet thanks this is awsome.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This is my first post and i just wanted to say GOD BLESS YOU!!!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    This app is pretty cool.
    I used the 1.0 version to download the 1.0.1 version.
    The app quit spontaneously after downloading and when I restarted it, it was now 1.0.1

Very Awesome

Thanks!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    This app is pretty cool.
    I used the 1.0 version to download the 1.0.1 version.
    The app quit spontaneously after downloading and when I restarted it, it was now 1.0.1

Very Awesome

Thanks!
    wish i'd known this so wouldn't have had to do the sdk method
    next time i know thanks
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    1.0.2 RELEASED
    • Improved download failure and install failure checking.
    • Now supports URLs with spaces in the URL.
    • Homebrew-Apps button now uses the mobile site.
    • FEATURE: Next release should have version checking to see if you have the lastest release of fileCoaster.

Again thank you for those that have donated You are the ones keeping me motivated to make improvements on this app.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Any chance you could show the downloading status bar inside the download button just like in the app catalog when downloading? I know it may be hard to do since you don't know the file size.

How do you feel about making a button to allow it to cancel the download, instead of closing and reopening the app?
    Last edited by pyrognome; 07/27/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    1.0.2 RELEASED
    • Improved download failure and install failure checking.
    • Now supports URLs with spaces in the URL.
    • Homebrew-Apps button now uses the mobile site.
    • FEATURE: Next release should have version checking to see if you have the lastest release of fileCoaster.

Again thank you for those that have donated You are the ones keeping me motivated to make improvements on this app.
    keep them coming
    i said once i will say it again
    Best app ever
    thank you
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Any chance you could show the downloading status bar inside the download button just like in the app catalog when downloading? I know it may be hard to do since you don't know the file size.

How do you feel about making a button to allow it to cancel the download, instead of closing and reopening the app?
    This is already in place. It works but for IPK's from precentral.net it doesn't seem to be getting the totalFile size. If you download a .jpg or mp3 you will see that the status bar moves.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I was about to suggest that the HomeBrew link to the mobile version. Then I see a new version already with it! Right after I got the easy copy and paste technique down.
    Stunned at the speed all the HomeBrew developers are updating and creating these apps.
    Seems there is even more enthusiasm than for the Treos.

Thanks for this great app!
    can i update PreCoaster using PreCoaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson4 View Post
    Listen i am not really to computer saavy but i can follow instruction. How do you get filecoaster onto your PRE? I downloaded SDK and have everything else except the WEBos quick install. Do i need to put the PRE in developer mode to install Filecoaster. I read throught hte treads but no help.
    First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK (if you already have it and are familiar with the palm.bat files) or WebOS Quick Installer (if you do not have the SDK and like GUI's).
    I STRONGLY RECOMMENDING INSTALLING fileCOASTER with WebOS Quick Installer!!!

This is at the very beginning of the post.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    It updated fine for me.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    Installed fine. Closed after install and when re-opened, version 1.02
    Thanks a million. Was waiting for something like this and this foots the bill.
    Installed perfectly and tried out a trial install of the geocatching app. Perfect and was done in the blink of an eye.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I know!!! Did you use fileCoaster to update fileCoaster? :-P I did and it worked awesomely!
    Hey, that was the only question that I had. I love this app!