Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    IM not a computer guy heres how i tried installing Filecoaster onto the pre. I simply downloaded SDK, and my windows computer has everything it needs. I simply located the filecoaster file, right clicked and sent it to my pre. Im assuming that is how to get filecoaster onto the pre. Is developer mode needed?

If someone could post basically (FOR DUMMY) INSTRUCTIONS ON GETTING FILECOASTER ONTO THE PRE, WHAT IS NEEDED BEFORE YOU INSTALL FILECOASTER.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson4 View Post
    IM not a computer guy heres how i tried installing Filecoaster onto the pre. I simply downloaded SDK, and my windows computer has everything it needs. I simply located the filecoaster file, right clicked and sent it to my pre. Im assuming that is how to get filecoaster onto the pre. Is developer mode needed?

If someone could post basically (FOR DUMMY) INSTRUCTIONS ON GETTING FILECOASTER ONTO THE PRE, WHAT IS NEEDED BEFORE YOU INSTALL FILECOASTER.
    For starters, I would read this 1st, this will give you everything you need to get this up and running:--> http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...r-1-0-4-a.html
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    hOW DO YOU INSTALL THE ipk WITH THE sdk
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Nice changes in the upgrade... Keep up the good work!!
    YEAH THAT IS FINE IF I WANT TO PUT MY pre IN DEVELOPER MODE ADN SPEND HOURS INSTALLING APPS. Fileocoaster allows you to install apps from anywhere without having to root the PRE or be connected to a desktop. What i need is instructions on how to get filecoaster onto the pre, everything i need is downloaded on my PC.

I tried right clicking on the fileocoaster file and sending it to my PALM that did not work. I was told you dont need to be in developer mode to install.
    YEAH THAT IS FINE IF I WANT TO PUT MY pre IN DEVELOPER MODE ADN SPEND HOURS INSTALLING APPS. Fileocoaster allows you to install apps from anywhere without having to root the PRE or be connected to a desktop. What i need is instructions on how to get filecoaster onto the pre, everything i need is downloaded on my PC.

I tried right clicking on the fileocoaster file and sending it to my PALM that did not work. I was told you dont need to be in developer mode to install.
    STEP 1. Enable Developer Mode !

STEP 2. READ THE LINK I GAVE YOU, it explains what YOU need to DO in order to get APPS on YOUR Pre.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    How do you dl mp3s & videos with filecoaster
    Thanks, just finshed instructions waiting for restart.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungryjack View Post
    How do you dl mp3s & videos with filecoaster
    Just put the link to the mp3 or video into the box and tap download.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Also download the new version of WebOS Quick Install. as of v1.1 it installs the novacom drivers so you don't need the sdk. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ll-v1-0-a.html
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    what is the relationship between flieCoaster and WEbOS Quick install? If I already have fileCoaster is there any benefit to webOS quick install?
    Laissez Faire
    well i followed the instructions and nothing. very very frustrated i will wait for PLAM to release apps, dont want to **** my pre up by doing this.
    well i followed the instructions and nothing. very very frustrated i will wait for PLAM to release apps, dont want to **** my pre up by doing this.
    I can understand being frustrated, what kind of PC do you have, and what part are you getting hung up on ?

Also, you may wana take a look at Web OS Quick Install as well, I haven't used but it may work in your situation.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    scratch that the INSTRUCTIONS WORKED BEAUTIFULLY.Thank guys.
    I got it to work. when i went to stop the PALM NOVACOMM PROCESS i noticed it was not running, so i started the process, dropped and dragged, apps are running great, thanks.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quick Install is probably the easiest method of loading it onto the Pre. It only requires webos doctor and that is downloadable from the link on precentral.net
    I got it to work. when i went to stop the PALM NOVACOMM PROCESS i noticed it was not running, so i started the process, dropped and dragged, apps are running great, thanks.
    Great, glad its working for you..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Once I figured out the copy and paste, this works great!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    what is the relationship between flieCoaster and WEbOS Quick install? If I already have fileCoaster is there any benefit to webOS quick install?
    WebOS Quick Install is the prefered method to install fileCoaster onto the phone. WebOS Quick Install does NOT require the SDK as it includes all the drivers in the install. ALso it is a nice little GUI for us point and click happy folks
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    WebOS Quick Install is the prefered method to install fileCoaster onto the phone. WebOS Quick Install does NOT require the SDK as it includes all the drivers in the install. ALso it is a nice little GUI for us point and click happy folks
    i prefer fileCoaster it doesn't require your phone to be in developer mode or your computer!