Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Log into Precentral using your Treocentral account, they share the same information. Use m.precentral.net to view it on your phone. When you go to forums, the login link is on the bottom of the page.
    That did the trick! Im sittin here fo the past hour trying to copy and paste. Thank u!
    sorry i meant FILECOASTER, NOT FIRECASTER, LOL
    I uninstalled filecoaster straight from the Pre and tried to reinstall it. When trying to reinstall it by dragging the ipk file in palm-install.bat the command box (black box) only came up for a split second and seemed to not install anything. I then tried to uninstall it straight from the command box with no luck. The OP and creator of this program gave me the following info ( palm-install -d usb c:\path\to\ipk ) to type in the command box to uninstall it but it does not work (see image).

I think I have to completely uninstall the program before I can reinstall?? I cant seem to complete this task. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Last edited by Knee Dragger; 07/26/2009 at 06:40 PM.
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    thanks installing now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I uninstalled filecoaster straight from the Pre and tried to reinstall it. When trying to reinstall it by dragging the ipk file in palm-install.bat the command box (black box) only came up for a split second and seemed to not install anything. I then tried to uninstall it straight from the command box with no luck. The OP and creator of this program gave me the following info ( palm-install -d usb c:\path\to\ipk ) to type in the command box to uninstall it but it does not work (see image).

I think I have to completely uninstall the program before I can reinstall?? I cant seem to complete this task. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Oh man, I'm lol'ing so freaking hard right now.

You poor person. Hopefully I can help you understand some key principles.

palm-install c:\path\to\ipk in this, path\to\ipk means the place on your computer where the ipk file for filecoaster is.

So, if it is on in a folder called MYPALMPREFOLDER on the C: drive then you will need to type in :

palm-install -d usb c:\MYPALMPREFOLDER\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk

let's break this command down a little

palm-install (a .bat file which handles installing of ipk packages -programs- onto your palm pre)

-d usb (-d stands for 'device' and usb is telling palm-install to use the usb device... meaning the palm pre that is plugged into the computer via usb)

c:\MYPALMPREFOLDER\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk
    (is the place on your computer that the actual .ipk file exists)

Good luck!

P.S. to REMOVE an application that is already installed you must add the -r flag to the palm-install command (script)

so to REMOVE this app from your pre you will use this following command

palm-install -d usb -r com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster

(We don't need to know where the ipk file is when we are UNinstalling/REMOVING the app from the phone, only when we are INSTALLING it)

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok im new at installing apps and everything and i just tryd to install this and the tex message app and its not even showing up on my phone is there a way someone could help me out with this
    mackgunz: how did you try to install it? WebOS quick install? or using the .bat file or what?

more information would be good, like any errors you get, etc
    What do i need to download in order to be able to install Filecoaster? I have a windows . Can i just have virtual box and SDK? or do i need the WEBos installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson4 View Post
    What do i need to download in order to be able to install Filecoaster? I have a windows . Can i just have virtual box and SDK? or do i need the WEBos installer?
    I would recommend all three. The WebOS installer makes it a helluva lot easier to do. I installed all three and within minutes of having everything installed I had 10 apps installed to my device.
    when you download Filecoaster onto your PC what is next? Do you plug in the pre via the USB and simply right click on the application(FileCoaster) and send it to the PRE? with Filecoaster there is no rooting required, so i dont need to go into developer mode. But getting Filecoaster onto my Pre is my question.

Also doesn't Filecoaster eliminate the need for the WEBos installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson4 View Post
    when you download Filecoaster onto your PC what is next? Do you plug in the pre via the USB and simply right click on the application(FileCoaster) and send it to the PRE? with Filecoaster there is no rooting required, so i dont need to go into developer mode. But getting Filecoaster onto my Pre is my question.

Also doesn't Filecoaster eliminate the need for the WEBos installer?
    To my knowledge you will need dev mode enabled to be able to install the ipk file. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll need the novacom driver installed, so you can talk to the pre plugged in via usb (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).

from there things should be as simple as palm-install -d usb whatever.ipk
    This is awesome. Now I can download any app I want on the go without having to wait to get home and get the USB cord. Thanks!!!
    truly awesome app!!! Thanks for all the hard work the homebrew community has put into these applications to make me love my pre even more!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post

Thanks
    The same things happens tp me, exactly as you described it. Originally I could install apps via drag and drop. I installed webos quick install and loaded file coatser onto my pre. From there I was able to d/l one app and that has bee it for me. I can no longer get any apps through file coaster. The process euns then nothing happens. Same thing with webos quick install. The apps seem to transfer but nothing shows up on the pre. Even the old drag and drop method doesn't work. the command box will pop up for a split second and nothing else happens.

Should we try uninstalling everything, ie. Sdk, virtual machine, webos quick install and file coaster and start from scratch?.

Btw, using windows vista 32bit
    how do you download MP3's on to it??? that would be great to do if i knew how to do it
    Amazing app and very simple to use.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thank you CAJUNLIBRA !!!! that was riving me crazy
    I have not been able to d/l any new apps recently after installing file coaster. Just to try it out I deleted some of the apps I didn't really use and was then able to d/l a new app through filecoaster. Is there a limit on the number of apps the pre will hold? It can't be physical memory as I have over 6 gigs available.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Your app has worked great so far. It has downloaded and installed other homebrewed apps very quickly. I have yet to test it on any other type of file though. thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I woulldn't think that there would be a limit as to how many you can download???but than again, I know that the iphone/ipod touch has a limit of like 9 pages worth of apps i believe....so maybe there is?
    Last edited by aaron3315; 07/26/2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: grammar