Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
    this app is awesome. hopefully we'll get the unofficial apps store with this. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisharrison View Post
    Alrighty ...

Been deving on the pre non stop since I picked one up last week. Haven't had any trouble installing / rooting / adding optware packages, using the terminal plugin, etc.

I palm-install -d usb com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk

and it reports the correct usb device during the install package output:
    copying c:\Palm_Dev\com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk to /media/inter
    nal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.0_all.ipk on device castle-linu
    x (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:62968)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster_1.0.
    0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (D529FBD05D6195492F9AC95D1D8B4DDF6E098734:usb:6
    2968)

I don't see the icon in the launcher, and palm-launch -l doesn't show it installed. And I can't palm-install -r it either.

Other ipk files are working for me, such as the google voice dialer, and a bunch of play around apps I've been working on. (as in, I can install and uninstall them at will via the sdk in the same way I'm trying to get filecoaster on there)

Is there some way to get more verbose output from the install process, or what should I try to illuminate what the issue might be?
    Try rebooting your Pre. That's what I had to do
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Wow this is so freaking cool!! lol

PreGame youre the man!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Seems awesome but no matter what I do I cant get this phone to copy and paste anything ?? What am I doing wrong ??? It is so frustrating . The app installed no problem but cant paste anything into it . HELP !!!!
    Gesture area + C = Copy
    Gesture area + V = paste

Touch teh gesture area and the light turns on.

Easy keyboard shortcut
    Yes thats it cajunlibra.

One more thing it says that i can download music straight from my pre, is there like a limewire app for the pre or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Try rebooting your Pre. That's what I had to do
    Just tried this :
    palm-install the ipk
    Wait for promt to return
    Unplug usb from phone
    Orange key (function?) + sym + r
    Wait for services and ui to load

App isn't there. I've also tried a shutdown via power button after palm-installing the ipk

And I've also tried rebooting it both ways with and without the usb plugged in.

What floors me is that the other packages are working.

/me shrugs

Any ideas?
    This app ROCKS! Thanks a million!
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisharrison View Post
    Just tried this :
    palm-install the ipk
    Wait for promt to return
    Unplug usb from phone
    Orange key (function?) + sym + r
    Wait for services and ui to load

App isn't there. I've also tried a shutdown via power button after palm-installing the ipk

And I've also tried rebooting it both ways with and without the usb plugged in.

What floors me is that the other packages are working.

/me shrugs

Any ideas?
    Not to state the obvious but have you scrolled down on all three launcher pages to make sure it isn't there?

And the APP is GREAT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    Not to state the obvious but have you scrolled down on all three launcher pages to make sure it isn't there?

And the APP is GREAT!!!
    Yes I have also done this. And, stating the obvious is just fine Often-times some people will miss what seems obvious to others.

I have also tried the :
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

method of scanning for apps after installing, and I still don't see it on the device.

What size is the ipk file on your desktop? Mine tells me 10k
    OK

when trying to install it via terminal, the error output was an md5 error. I had to remove the ipk from /media/internal/developer

then I was able to ipkg -o /var install com.palm.net.precoder.fcoaster

and after a luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

I see it!

w00t Thanks!
    Wow..thanks for this app.. works nice and easy!
    Awesome app man.....I don't give out many thanks but this is well deserved.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsecrets View Post
    Just want to say sweet app. Thanks a million.

And I'll just second a couple of already sugested ideas link to the mobile version of the forums, and a button to clear the input field.

Keep up the great work.
    +1
    I have file coaster installed. I just cant seem to copy and paste! When I try to copy the ipk link on my pre, it says I cant download. People here are saying to copy from the text box. Im using treocentral. I dont have a precentral account. Is it possible the precentral site has this textbox and troecentral doesnt?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Great to see you plan on updating this great app soon!
    Cant wait!
    Last edited by synplex; 07/26/2009 at 07:47 PM.
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I have file coaster installed. I just cant seem to copy and paste! When I try to copy the ipk link on my pre, it says I cant download. People here are saying to copy from the text box. Im using treocentral. I dont have a precentral account. Is it possible the precentral site has this textbox and troecentral doesnt?
    Log into Precentral using your Treocentral account, they share the same information. Use m.precentral.net to view it on your phone. When you go to forums, the login link is on the bottom of the page.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    How do I download mp3s or videos onto my pre from the net?
    I have a question. To get firecoster you first have to install it onto your PC? then plug in the PRE vis USB and drag and drop the file onto the PRE. From there you can then cut and paste apps, are those steps correct?
    You have to install Virtual Box and SDK on your PC (i have windows), in order to download firecaster. Do you have to plug in the PRE vis USB and drag and drop all three of those applications onto the PRE or just the firecaster for apps?