Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SplashId on my Pre will not work after updating to WebOS 1.1. The program freezes with a white screen upon launching. I have uninstalled, done a partial erase of the device, installed a new vid file and reinstalled, with no luck. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I'm not having any problem with SplashID after the update. Might you have any bad data in a recent edit to a record?
    Mine works fine after 1.1 update also.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    It's working for me too.
    No obvious problem here.
  6.    #6  
    Hmmm...I uninstalled the program and deleted the .vid file in usb mode...is there anything else I need to do to wipe clean? Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    It turns out that a partial erase of the device after 1.1 will break SplashId. I was told on the SplashId forum that a fix is coming soon.
    Originally posted by horatio8:
    SplashId on my Pre will not work after updating to WebOS 1.1. The program freezes with a white screen upon launching. I have uninstalled, done a partial erase of the device, installed a new vid file and reinstalled, with no luck. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I'm having the exact same problem and I've tried everything that you've mentioned. My husband is not having the problem. I thought it was only me, because no one has responded to my mention of it in 1.1 bugs or the 1.1 update thread.

I'm now considering a full erase. Then installing SplashID before any other apps in case it's conflicting with another app. Let me know what ends up working for you and I'll do the same.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem and I've tried everything that you've mentioned. My husband is not having the problem. I thought it was only me, because no one has responded to my mention of it in 1.1 bugs or the 1.1 update thread.

I'm now considering a full erase. Then installing SplashID before any other apps in case it's conflicting with another app. Let me know what ends up working for you and I'll do the same.
    The full erase might work, but it would be very time consuming to set everything up again. The partial erase was enough of a pain and there is no guarantee the full erase will work. I would wait for Splash to update the program, as they have acknowledged the problem in their user forums.
    Someone responded on my original post. Here's their response:

Originally posted by FON:
    I just opened SplashID and got a white screen then another white screen then the login screen came up and all seemed OK after that. I don't remember the delay or "double clutch" action before the upgrade. I hope you get it working, I know I would miss it.
    I'm going to take your advise and hope they come up with an update or that it simply starts working like it did for Fon.
    I went to sprint today and they did a hard reset. I loged in after downloaded the backup and now splash I'd dosent work. Hope they fix it soon.
    Because I use SyncToy to backup everything on my Pre, I wimped out, did a factory reset, and started fresh. My SplashID is working now.
    Mine works, but when I enter new items it won't let me change the icon. If I tap on the icon it says "Done" at the bottom.
    Be warned. I've gotten into the habit of deleting all records & then importing all records to ensure that I catch all changes & additions that I've made. Import is not working well. I'm having to import by category & even that is slow & not working sometimes.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    dont know if I trust this yet.
    I just acquired a Pre a couple days ago. Did the upgrade and now running WebOS 1.1.0. I downloaded the SplashID beta from the app catalog and installed. Upon launch, I get the same result that several have posted as "reviews" of the software. A blink then a totally blank white screen.

My understanding from other messages and perhaps one "review" is that the vendor is working on a fix promised for "early this week". No fix has been forthcoming as yet. Seems a little odd that the vendors are not testing their apps against Palm releases and being a little more proactive about any possible problems with them.

Perhaps apps in the catalog with problems should be temporarily withdrawn. I would think the vendor would be concerned about having a non-working app in the catalog - but that seems not to be the case.
    Originally posted by MortiseMaker
    Perhaps apps in the catalog with problems should be temporarily withdrawn. I would think the vendor would be concerned about having a non-working app in the catalog - but that seems not to be the case.
    I'm a loyal SplashID user from PalmOS days. It's hard being a data app or developing programs for a moving target. I'm sorry you're unable to use the program right now, but it is free.

If SplashData removed the app, those of us who used WebOS to reset our device to factory settings just so that we could have 1.04 and re-installed SplashID, would be upset; because after all that work, we'd find the app has been removed.

When WebOS stops being a moving target, you'll be very pleased with SplashID. It isn't as robust as it needs to be, but I think they need the WebOS to settle down some, before they can do major improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I just acquired a Pre a couple days ago. Did the upgrade and now running WebOS 1.1.0. I downloaded the SplashID beta from the app catalog and installed. Upon launch, I get the same result that several have posted as "reviews" of the software. A blink then a totally blank white screen.

My understanding from other messages and perhaps one "review" is that the vendor is working on a fix promised for "early this week". No fix has been forthcoming as yet. Seems a little odd that the vendors are not testing their apps against Palm releases and being a little more proactive about any possible problems with them.

Same thing with me...brand new to the Pre and I wanted to use Splash ID - just get the white screen after download. Sort of frustrating!
    Originally posted by burton1976:
    Same thing with me...brand new to the Pre and I wanted to use Splash ID - just get the white screen after download. Sort of frustrating!
    I agree with your frustration, but we don't have any proof that the vendor didn't test their app. It appears that for most people who loaded the app with 1.04 and then updated later to 1.1, SplashID works.

SplashData is trying to developing the improvements that customers are asking for and haven't had the time to test all "what if" scenarios. The vendor "where" that new 1.1 would break their app released an update with the 1.1 update. 1.1 did break SplashID for all users, thus, a bug was undetected.

At the risk of repeating myself, remember that beta is a moving target. The SplashData people develop a product that works and then have to redo coding when Palm updates the Pre. Developing for a moving target is not the easiest thing to do. Cut our developers some slack and let them do with they do best. I do not think that they are intentionally wanting their customers to become frustrated.

I'm one of the customers that the program stopped working for and I feel your angst, but I also understand that developing for a non-established OS, that is constantly updating to make improvements, is not easy.
    Just updating this thread in case someone runs across it before the others. SplashData/Palm updated SplashID in the App catalog yesterday. It is now working. If you previously downloaded the app, just click the update and you will now view something somewhat more interesting than an empty white screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast