Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Previans,

I seem to have hit the limit on the first page of the Pre Launcher Menu. I currently have 49 apps on the first page. If I delete a few, I can put some others in. Moving them to another page sometimes helps and sometimes does not. I am running 1.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks Marc
    Any other thoughts on this subject.
    I have installed most of the homebrew apps and have to delete an existing app to install a new app.
    Seems kinda silly to me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    We need more than 3 pages for apps...
    Hmmmm.............Anyone else.
    It doesnt matter how many apps are on a page, it seems I have the max amount of apps installed , and have to delete 1 to install 1.
    If thats the case, then this phone is really gay!!!
    If you root your Pre, you can get as many as 10 pages for your apps. Webos-internals has alot on that, and I'm sure theres something here if you search for it too, even a Youtube video on how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    It doesnt matter how many apps are on a page, it seems I have the max amount of apps installed , and have to delete 1 to install 1.
    Please don't use offensive terms to express yourself. There are plenty of non-offensive terms available.
    Please don't use offensive terms to express yourself. There are plenty of non-offensive terms available.
    And thats offensive how?
    Didnt know the word "Gay" is not allowed and offensive.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Because you're making being Gay sound like a bad thing. So it's offensive to gay people... Whether they are just Happy or Homosexual.
    GAY... really... if people are offended by words than they can choose to not read these forums. Offensive or not, the preservation fo free speech is more valuable than people being offended.

That being said, I do agree that there is a large vocabulary of words that could have been used instead. But since this forum deals with "prebrew", i do not see the PC argument as a valid point.

Now back on topic please as i would like an answer as well. For those that have maxed out there apps, can you add a contact to your launcher? Or is that listed as something else instead of an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    GAY... really... if people are offended by words than they can choose to not read these forums. Offensive or not, the preservation fo free speech is more valuable than people being offended.

That being said, I do agree that there is a large vocabulary of words that could have been used instead. But since this forum deals with "prebrew", i do not see the PC argument as a valid point.

Now back on topic please as i would like an answer as well. For those that have maxed out there apps, can you add a contact to your launcher? Or is that listed as something else instead of an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
    Because you're making being Gay sound like a bad thing. So it's offensive to gay people... Whether they are just Happy or Homosexual.
    And thats offensive how?
    Didnt know the word "Gay" is not allowed and offensive.
    Ask Matthew Shepherd or the millions of children bullied, beaten (or worse) every single day, in part, because of that phrase.

The 'N" word was not considered offensive until people realized how hurtful it was when used in the way that it came to be used. Phrases like that lead to hatred, which all too often leads to violence.

There are other terms to be used that are less offensive, less inflammatory, and less ignorant.

I don't buy into the whole politically correct nonsense! I embrace my politically INcorrectness until people start getting beaten and murdered over it. I cherish my free speech, but it simply isn't worth someone else's life. Especially since I'm intelligent and compassionate enough to express myself in ways that aren't destructive and denigrating.

I will not respond further as this is not the proper "forum" (pun intended).

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    You are on a private message board. You are not granted free speech here.

And I stopped calling stuff gay a few years ago once I realized inanimate objects cannot choose there sexual preference.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloTwo View Post
    You are on a private message board. You are not granted free speech here.

And I stopped calling stuff gay a few years ago once I realized inanimate objects cannot choose there sexual preference.
    hahahahahha
    Wow...........I see this thread really stayed on track.
    If I knew using the word Gay was going to cause such a distraction I would have used something else.
    So, with that being said. Any other thoughts on the topic at hand here.
    I really hate having to delete a homebrew in order to install another. Really sucks (Please note, I didnt say it is really gay! )
    Wow...........I see this thread really stayed on track.
    If I knew using the word Gay was going to cause such a distraction I would have used something else.
    So, with that being said. Any other thoughts on the topic at hand here.
    I really hate having to delete a homebrew in order to install another. Really sucks (Please note, I didnt say it is really gay! )
    You say suck like it's a bad thing

Seriously though, do we know the exact number of apps on one page? Is 49 indeed the "magic number?"

I think I've just reached my max apps also.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    How much space is left on your device. It is possible you've filled up the available memory.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Prebrew... that could be offensive to the Aramaics. [look it up; it's a really bad joke I just made up. Explanation on request.]
    How much space is left on your device. It is possible you've filled up the available memory.
    It says 4.8 gb left. So no, I have plenty memory available.
    It says 4.8 gb left. So no, I have plenty memory available.
    From what I've read there are two "partitions" on the Pre. One for storage of things like photos, music, etc... The other/smaller area for apps. I KNOW the apps area is not all that big, so the "4.8gb available" section you're referring to must be the other area.

Can anyone clarify (or tell me I'm wrong) on this?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    The 8gb partition is user accessible, I don't remember the OS partition size off hand. If you ssh in and pass df it'll tell you how much is free for each partition.
    Even the term "root" may be offensive (in Australia) though when you say "root your Pre" we know what that means
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast