Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Could I use the old task program and set alarms for them? What other useful ways can I take advantage of the Classic app coming from a 755p for years? Can you import your old Palm?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    I dont think the task alarms will work. As far as I can tell classic does not access the webos notifications API, but I may be mistaken.

I use classic mainly for the many medical apps that I use right now...it's a decent short term solution for now...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    only using it for all my medical apps
    ereader
    how does it work with ereader? Do you get full screen? I have been missed using ereader and emailed them. They said they plan to have app but not yet
    Ck Diet Diary
    Bejeweeled 2
    All Time
    Auto FIle
    BookBag
    Other games
    I tried Classic but couldn't justify paying for it since it does crash quite often (running a few non-certified apps). All PIM can be loaded (just follow directions on how to load these database files) and supposedly supports sounds and alerts if you have classic open or in card view. I never tried the task reminders since my trial had expired when I thought about it. I used it for memos and a golfscore app. Price is too high for an app that's buggy (destabilizes WebOS too) IMO.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    PocketQuicken
    Mobipocket
    Wifight - (helping dev debug it - hope to have it working 100% soon)
    Kinoma
    Webmessenger (for msn and y!m)

Will be trying more stuff later.

Btw, yes Palm OS alarms will work. In v1.1 of Classic there is a setting to start classic up when a Palm OS app has an alarm. Does not touch WebOS alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Could I use the old task program and set alarms for them? What other useful ways can I take advantage of the Classic app coming from a 755p for years? Can you import your old Palm?

Thanks

Medical apps as well.

the import of old palm isn't yet as straightforward as one would hope, and the classic OS dosn't seem to talk directly to the WebOS at this time. However I have heard that atleast sync wise with your PC there are updates coming. I would assume that this would change, atleast the importing your old palm part, for the better, but don't hold me to it.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer View Post
    how does it work with ereader? Do you get full screen? I have been missed using ereader and emailed them. They said they plan to have app but not yet
    Works OK -- not perfect. Get only partial screen. Cannot change screen colors -- only black and white. Controls are hard to use unless you zoom in. But it soes work.
    Laissez Faire
    Interesting thread topic.

It is pricey, but when @ get a Pre, I'm getting Classic. I'll take whatever Kinoma and pTunes functionality I can get.

Classic's alleged bugginess might change my mind, but I doubt it. There's just too much PalmOS goodness that I'd miss/need whereas, for someone else, there might not be enough functionality to justify the expense.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    PocketQuicken
    Mobipocket
    Wifight - (helping dev debug it - hope to have it working 100% soon)
    Kinoma
    Webmessenger (for msn and y!m)

Will be trying more stuff later.

Btw, yes Palm OS alarms will work. In v1.1 of Classic there is a setting to start classic up when a Palm OS app has an alarm. Does not touch WebOS alarms.
    How'd you get Kinoma working in Classic? I've had no success.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have eBible, N-Pass, Handy shopper, eReader, Tetris and a few other games. Also FileZ and Mobile DB. Not had any problems really other than have to use finger, not stylus and no sound or clocks that work that I could find. Used to use Butler that will not work. Nothing syncs like in the past.
    We use it to:
    - try what you tried (there are some excellent descriptions and test cases for many apps - thanks guys!)
    - recreate the issues you reported
    - enjoy flawlessness you reported
    - think of ways to improve it
    - play games
    QuickNews
    HanDbase
    Epocrates
    Calculator (!)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Only Audible...and just barely able to do it..
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    nothing. it was a waste of $30
    It is my most frequently used app.

I use it for
    -HandBase
    -Pocket Quicken
    -Documents ToGo
    -Audible
    -eReader

Those are the main apps that I use about every day but I have dozens of other old Palm OS apps working perfectly on classic.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    also nothing here. wish i hadn't paid for this overpriced title. this should have been done by Palm and as part of the OS IMO. defiantly not worth it.
    Pleco (Chinese dictionary--fantastic; this is the main reason I bought Classic)
    Solebon
    Astraware Sudoku
    Bejeweled 2: works but resets the Pre sometimes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast