Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It's a free trial then it's $30 for the app. It works ok but not as good as a treo but it will do for now until the apps I want get updated for the pre. It should be alot cheaper in my opion, just saying.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I will purchase Classic when it gets updated, so Kinoma EX streams work right. Until then I'm in a holding pattern.

Kinoma EX and Pocket Tunes in my opinion were the best of the best applications available on Palm OS and I really hope MotionApps is working on Classic to get these apps to stream internet content correctly.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Just the Calendar. Syncs wirelessly with Outlook Exchange (as long as I'm the same server). The sync is actually pretty swift and painless.

Mostly I leave the classic calender open in the background all the time. Doesn't seem to affect battery life.

Nobody else is in this thing for the calendar? I find I can do everything way faster in this calender. Data entry, flipping quickly through days to find one, it's just snap snap snap. It's everything the Pre Calender is not. Wish it were full screen, otherwise, it's much more usable. I wish there were a standalone app that operated like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zikon View Post
    I need to see if my guitar tuner will work on it.

but i hear yall say it cost you guys $30... It said free in my app catalog....
    There are some rock-star wannabes here in the office, so please let us know which one(s) you tried and how it tested out.

We provide 7-day free and fully functional trial, so you can opt in to purchase afterwards if you find you can't live without it. Joking, but we do hope Classic will be "a keeper".
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    I need to see if my guitar tuner will work on it.

but i hear yall say it cost you guys $30... It said free in my app catalog....
    I have Guitar Tuner v 2.1 by Jeffrey Yen and it runs fine under Classic.
    I just put my guitar tuner on classic, its called phontuner, and it tunes using the phones microphone and then displays what note it is on a diagram, and if the note is too high or too low, or perfect. It shows me proof that the pre can do voice recording, and palm really needs to open that up to the developer so someone can make an app like this on the pre that uses the microphone for tuning.. I mean, thats all i really used my centro for, and to spend $30 for an app that would probably be way cheaper if someone could develop it on the pre. That would just be a bit of wasted money.
    I use Classic for calendar and contacts primarily. I was able to transfer my multitude of contacts from my old TX while maintaining the categories. I also like the calendar function in Palm OS better than the WebOS version. I wanted to avoid the cloud for many of my contacts so Classic fits the bill. I also wanted to be able to hotsync with my laptop directly via Bluetooth like I did with my Palm TX. Classic does this beautifully. I had wanted to use ePocrates but heard that there is a serious over the air sync problem with ePocrates and Classic v. 2.0. Hoping that this gets fixed soon or the WebOS version makes it out ASAP.
    Epocrates and updating over Wifi (air sync) work just fine for me
    I LOVE Classic but am having a problem. I got it all installed and have HotSync's maybe 5 times. Now I am unable. When I hit the HotSync button on the screen I get a message saying "Auth Error. your service provider does not allow internet cnx sharing-contact Sprint" I contacted Sprint and they sent me to Palm. Palm is not very familiar with Classic. I am hoping MotionApps will get to the bottom of this glitch. Until they do I am unable to HotSync. I hope someone can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    I LOVE Classic but am having a problem. I got it all installed and have HotSync's maybe 5 times. Now I am unable. When I hit the HotSync button on the screen I get a message saying "Auth Error. your service provider does not allow internet cnx sharing-contact Sprint" I contacted Sprint and they sent me to Palm. Palm is not very familiar with Classic. I am hoping MotionApps will get to the bottom of this glitch. Until they do I am unable to HotSync. I hope someone can help.
    It sounds like you're trying to sync using your Data connection through your cell phone provider. I believe you can only HotSync through a Wifi connection (and only a location connection - i.e. your Pre and the Desktop computer are both connected to the same router)
    I am trying to sync my Pre to my Palm Desktop on my computer via a Bluetooth setup. The Bluetooth services page shows a good connection to my Pre and my Pre shows that it sees the Bluetooth so I can't figure why I can't HotSync. By the way I did manage to HotSync 4 or 5 times on thursday.
    I just put my guitar tuner on classic, its called phontuner, and it tunes using the phones microphone and then displays what note it is on a diagram, and if the note is too high or too low, or perfect. It shows me proof that the pre can do voice recording, and palm really needs to open that up to the developer so someone can make an app like this on the pre that uses the microphone for tuning.. I mean, thats all i really used my centro for, and to spend $30 for an app that would probably be way cheaper if someone could develop it on the pre. That would just be a bit of wasted money.
    That sounds like a cool app, I might look for it.

The guitar tuner I use for Palm OS (mentioned above) works more like a pitch pipe - gives you a tone for each string, and you have to match it by ear just as if you were tuning to a piano or pitch pipe. Sound volume can be adjusted and sound can be turned on or off. And it's a freeware app (think I found it on Freeware Palm).
    couple of things. my hotsync problem was solved by a random longshot. after dozens of attempts I decided to 'unplug' from tcp/ip on the palm desktop page and then simply check it again to turn it back on-BINGO! Now whenever I want to hotsync i go to the connections page and cycle the 'switch' and it works. go figure. I upgraded my Splash ID on my desktop and the updated program migrated to my Pre on a hotsync. Problem is that NONE of the data followed-the registers are all empty. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    WWCalc uses database files created by List. There are many available at Dotti's Weight Loss Zone
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234