Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    -Laridian MyBible NIV/KJ
    -Websters Dictionary
    -Websters Thesaurus

- Craig
    Does the original "camcorder" app work in Classic?
    ereader
    mobipocket
    olivetree bible
    MSDict Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus
    ChemTable (periodic element table)
    tryda (works better and has more features than where yellow pages)
    Unit Converter
    A Texas Holdem Game
    A Sudoku Game
    I would like to use Docs 2 Go ( I see someone had it on there list, I will have to try it)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I would like to use Docs 2 Go ( I see someone had it on there list, I will have to try it)
    I've been using Docs 2 Go on Classic and it works great. You can even attach the docs you create to the Pre's native email client. Another poster suggested using microsoft synctoy which makes syncing to your cpu essentially the same as the old desktop version of Docs 2 go.

Another App I'm using is RDM+ remote desktop. I can even use the file manager system to download files from my work cpu onto my Pre.

The only drawback w/ Docs2go on classic is that I haven't figured out how to download an attahcment from Pre's email into classic. I'm sure there is a way. Does classic support any email clients?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    I've been using Docs 2 Go on Classic and it works great. You can even attach the docs you create to the Pre's native email client. Another poster suggested using microsoft synctoy which makes syncing to your cpu essentially the same as the old desktop version of Docs 2 go.

Another App I'm using is RDM+ remote desktop. I can even use the file manager system to download files from my work cpu onto my Pre.

The only drawback w/ Docs2go on classic is that I haven't figured out how to download an attahcment from Pre's email into classic. I'm sure there is a way. Does classic support any email clients?
    how did you extract docs 2 go prc files from the install file to install on the pre? What prcs did you install? How do you convert your docs and xls files?
    Originally posted by pjjohn73:
    how did you extract docs 2 go prc files from the install file to install on the pre? What prcs did you install? How do you convert your docs and xls files?
    There are too methods you can use click re-install handheld applications:
    1) install to card and copy the files from card to usb Classic install folder or 2) Look in your c drive for your desktop install folder and copy from there.

BTW, I also used A-Lex Dictionary quite a bit until I added AutoCorrectEdit to my regular Pre area.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    There are too methods you can use click re-install handheld applications:
    1) install to card and copy the files from card to usb Classic install folder or 2) Look in your c drive for your desktop install folder and copy from there.

BTW, I also used A-Lex Dictionary quite a bit until I added AutoCorrectEdit to my regular Pre area.
    I no longer have palm desktop or dataviz on my pc, that is why I was asking. I will have to reinstall and then copy the prc files. I was hoping to do it without reinstall.
    Originally posted by pjjohn73:
    I no longer have palm desktop or dataviz on my pc, that is why I was asking. I will have to reinstall and then copy the prc files. I was hoping to do it without reinstall.
    I'm sorry, I was unaware of that. If you still have your Palm or palm backup file, you can copy the following files:
    DSLib.prc
    DTTFonts.pdb
    DvzPlatformLib.prc,
    DXTGAttachmentPlugin.prc
    Dxtgcon.pdb
    DXTGMailPlugin.prc
    LexLib.prc
    WordToGo.prc
    Has anyone tried PalmMAME or any other emulators?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Could I use the old task program and set alarms for them? What other useful ways can I take advantage of the Classic app coming from a 755p for years? Can you import your old Palm?

Thanks
    i love my pre ,,,,, but i miss my treo.... and old apps
    Natara Bonsai.

This app is indispensable to me. In the latest release of Bonsai, Natara included a "sync to file" function, designed with the Pre and Classic in mind, that provides record-level, two-way synchronization when the Pre is mounted as a USB volume. I find "Sync to file" to be a perfectly acceptable replacement for the old Palm Hotsync, although Hotsync was more convenient.
    What database program are you using for WWCalc? Isilo, List? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    EZRemote (remote access to my home PC)
    wwCalc (Weight Watcher points tracker)

Both of these tools are invaluable to me. I would not have bought the PRE had I not been able to find some way to run these both on this device.

Thanks to THIS very forum, in my pre Pre purchase period for providing the research needed to know this existed

Should I have had to pay an additional 30 bucks to be able to do this, HELL NO, but at least it does work, and allows me to have all the really cool and fun stuff on the very revolutionary phone, while not having to give up 2 very important tools that I have come to depend on.

BTW they both work just Perfectly via Classic, Im happy..
    Hi, what database program are you using with your WWCalc? Isilo, List?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    nothing. it was a waste of $30
    I have to agree with s4mb4. This was a waste of money for 4 out of 5 people. The idea was to make use of all the old stuff. The problem is that it's old stuff that wasn't made to work on new technology.

I'm glad there are some people out there that enjoy this application. It shows that Palm cares about it's old customers and that's rare.

Who (besides me) dig's "Pong" out of your parents basement to play it on your new 60inch Plasma? For those who don't know, Pong is the black and white video game from the 70's with a square moving around at turtle speed and you move a paddle (a thin straight line) up and down on the screen to hit it to your opponents paddle.

There will be a new app for every good app that ever ran on any of the old Palm units... just be patient and enjoy your cutting edge phone/PC/camera/video game/navigator/laptop/TV/Calculator/watch/word processor/encylopedia set/radio-walkman-mp3 player/photo album/alarm clock/news paper/magazine/toy ..... that works on one small battery that lasts a couple years.

It won't be long before it gets knocked off the top of the tech mountain - but for now it is King and you own one !

PreJamison,

I also use RDM+ remote desktop on my Treo 755p and I wanted to make sure you could use it at least thru the Classic app - can you pinch and zoom RDM? In othere words can you pinch and zoom the whole remote Desktop like the iPhones LogMeIn Igniter (a product like RDM only for iPhone)

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Currently using Classic for a chinese language program (Pleco).
    A little clunky but works for what I need; to look up words.
    Digital Photography is Darn Pretty, but Film is Fabulous Fun
    Now that HotSync is working, I am using Pocket Quicken and Documents to Go - the funny thing it syncs better via WiFi than my original Palm T|X :lol:

Another nice thing about using HotSync, is that I can use the Documents to Go sync tool, and it works very well. The documents can also be seen by the native Pre Doc viewers

Also, using HandyShoppr - I haven't found anything yet (that is free) that rivals the original free app.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Also, using HandyShoppr - I haven't found anything yet (that is free) that rivals the original free app.
    I have to agree. This was a free app and I was totally willing to pay for Classic just to have this app!

I use Snapper for e-mail in Classic. It also allows attachments
    I need to see if my guitar tuner will work on it.

but i hear yall say it cost you guys $30... It said free in my app catalog....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast