Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    It is my most frequently used app.

I use it for
    -HandBase
    -Pocket Quicken
    -Documents ToGo
    -Audible
    -eReader

Those are the main apps that I use about every day but I have dozens of other old Palm OS apps working perfectly on classic.
    Are you able to attach and email the documents you create using Documents ToGo on Classic?

Also, has anybody been able to get RDM+ Remote Desktop to work on Classic?
    Have been using ereader with little trouble. But today it went crazy -- each time I open a book, it starts over. No memory of page, no saved bookmarks. Anyone else? any suggestions?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    mostly games
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Are you able to attach and email the documents you create using Documents ToGo on Classic?
    Yes. And I can use the WebOS Doc Viewer to view them. I only use Documents ToGo to edit them.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    HELP. Ereader was working OK, but now it is not. Every time I close Classic for any reason it completely forgets where I was -- no bookmarks, and it starts the book over. Just began -- not caused by 1.1 update. Has done it with 2 books. Anyone have any ideas?
    Laissez Faire
    EZRemote (remote access to my home PC)
    wwCalc (Weight Watcher points tracker)

Both of these tools are invaluable to me. I would not have bought the PRE had I not been able to find some way to run these both on this device.

Thanks to THIS very forum, in my pre Pre purchase period for providing the research needed to know this existed

Should I have had to pay an additional 30 bucks to be able to do this, HELL NO, but at least it does work, and allows me to have all the really cool and fun stuff on the very revolutionary phone, while not having to give up 2 very important tools that I have come to depend on.

BTW they both work just Perfectly via Classic, Im happy..
    Originally posted by iamtina:

. . . Not had any problems really other than have to use finger, not stylus and no sound or clocks that work that I could find. Used to use Butler that will not work. Nothing syncs like in the past.
    You have to turn on the sounds in Classic. It's not set for automatic sounds.
    I use Classic for Audible, MobiPocket, e-reader, MyBible, DailyReader, Diet & Exercise Assistant, Splash Shopper, and an editable DTG.

Although, initially I still carried my Treo and didn't rely on Classic too much, because I didn't want to get the blue screen. I've since decided to add apps besides Audible, MyBible, and MobiPocket.

It's been a big plus for me to have the convenience of my favorite apps while I wait for them to be developed for WebOS. I'm just hoping that some of the apps won't decide to not write for WebOS, or be very slow, because you can use their apps in Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You have to turn on the sounds in Classic. It's not set for automatic sounds.
    I use Classic for Audible, MobiPocket, e-reader, MyBible, DailyReader, Diet & Exercise Assistant, Splash Shopper, and an editable DTG.

Although, initially I still carried my Treo and didn't rely on Classic too much, because I didn't want to get the blue screen. I've since decided to add apps besides Audible, MyBible, and MobiPocket.

It's been a big plus for me to have the convenience of my favorite apps while I wait for them to be developed for WebOS. I'm just hoping that some of the apps won't decide to not write for WebOS, or be very slow, because you can use their apps in Classic.
    Is eReader working correctly for you? It has stopped remembering my place in a book.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    EZRemote (remote access to my home PC)
    wwCalc (Weight Watcher points tracker)

Both of these tools are invaluable to me. I would not have bought the PRE had I not been able to find some way to run these both on this device.

Thanks to THIS very forum, in my pre Pre purchase period for providing the research needed to know this existed

Should I have had to pay an additional 30 bucks to be able to do this, HELL NO, but at least it does work, and allows me to have all the really cool and fun stuff on the very revolutionary phone, while not having to give up 2 very important tools that I have come to depend on.

BTW they both work just Perfectly via Classic, Im happy..
    That's great. The part about not having to pay $3@ confuses me, though. You do know that Classic is not free, right? It's just a trial period, at first.

I have't read all of the most recent posts so I'm sorry if you already explained. I just wanted to spare you a shock without warning.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Question by prubin
    Is eReader working correctly for you? It has stopped remembering my place in a book.
    Yes it still work. I'm mainly a MobiPocket reader, but I've read all of my MobiPocket downloads and I'm catching up with ereader downloads. I use the space bar to turn the pages instead of automatic scroll and I listen to Pandora's Smooth Jazz station while I'm reading. It's sweet!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    LoanPro mortgage calculator.

Maybe the biggest reason I moved off of a BB Storm and back to a Palm device too.
    Nothing.
    Worldmate Pro and PowerOne Finance
    epocrates
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=bdhu2001;1796660]You have to turn on the sounds in Classic. It's not set for automatic sounds.

I see the option to turn on the sounds, but it does not let me. It just says "off". Turbo says on in blue, and I can turn Alarm on but it does not turn to blue and does not work. Anyone else have this problem or know if/what I am doing wrong?
    Those of you who bought classic and think it was a waste of money. I'm willing to buy it from you if you are not using it. I'm still waiting for IRC and SplashMoney for the Palm Pre and I don't think I wanna wait any longer. PM me or email me BeLion007 at aol dot com

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Ok, I figured out how to turn the sound on. To TreoRock, I don't think someone can sell you their Classic. One doesn't get a code like with PalmOS. It is automatically updated on your phone. (The cloud "knows" if you paid for it.) I did get an email, but I don't think the program is transferable.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Agendus. It kicks the WebOS's native PIM's @$$
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    How'd you get Kinoma working in Classic? I've had no success.
    Well, it installs and runs... but the sound gets stuck in a loop. I'm hoping it works better in the next version of Classic.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast