1.    #1  
    iphone Speedtser App is one cool Google maps add on..

iphone cool app SPEEDSTER featured on 5:00 news
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Apps don't matter, the app store is full of garbage apps, also Apple didn't have apps for a whole year.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Apps don't matter, the app store is full of garbage apps, also Apple didn't have apps for a whole year.
    Well if you look at what most people complain about one of th ebiggest complaints is the lack of Apps.
    They do matter to most. I know Pre will have some more apps in coming updates.
    You should probably go back under the bridge.. LOL
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I really wish I knew what the hold up was. I mean, it's been WEEKS. Is there half an intern approving apps? There's DEFINITELY more than 30 apps in the pipeline waiting to be approved. I keep checking every day, hoping some apps will come to a) make the most of my Pre and b) make my life easier but it never happens. Who knows when more apps will come. I have no idea, and neither does anyone else (unless you work for Palm, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You should probably go back under the bridge.. LOL
    Trolling - Do not engage in repeated attempts to start arguments, harrass users, or draw users into a fight just for the sake of it. Flamebait posts or thead will be closed and/or deleted and can earn the poster an infraction.

Please refer to the forum guidelines above in the FORUM Announcement... you are attempting to start an argument.
    Have some patience. I'm a WebOS developer have been informed, by Palm, that the App Catalog is still in beta form. Commercial access is coming soon (I would expected it probably in September or October) and they're currently accepting free applications on a very strict, case by case basis.

They currently do not have a formal way to submit an application. How it works now is we have a special email address to contact where we send information, screenshots, etc. If they're interested, they'll provide further contact with instructions on packaging up our applications. Once that happens they begin review and will come back with feedback regarding the UI, suggestions, etc.

Once you pass all of that then you can go into the App Catalog.

Please keep in mind that this is temporary. They will have a better system in the coming months for us application developers to submit free and commercial applications. For now it's difficult and time consuming.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Patience.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    I am not a troll and love my pre in everyway. I dropped verizon and payed etf for the pre and the great plan I have. I really am surprised it is taking so long for the apps to roll out. Forget apple for a minute....Palm has had more time and previous knowledge of employee's of apple. I really thought they would have had a few games roll out with the launch. Not upset just dissapointed that we are still waiting for a few good apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Have some patience. I'm a WebOS developer have been informed, by Palm, that the App Catalog is still in beta form. Commercial access is coming soon (I would expected it probably in September or October) and they're currently accepting free applications on a very strict, case by case basis.

They currently do not have a formal way to submit an application. How it works now is we have a special email address to contact where we send information, screenshots, etc. If they're interested, they'll provide further contact with instructions on packaging up our applications. Once that happens they begin review and will come back with feedback regarding the UI, suggestions, etc.

Once you pass all of that then you can go into the App Catalog.

Please keep in mind that this is temporary. They will have a better system in the coming months for us application developers to submit free and commercial applications. For now it's difficult and time consuming.
    This is my main aggravation with the sole 'app store' model. Users are basically at the whims/mercy of whomever is approving and the whole approval process.

Isn't there any other way to sideload apps if Palm is taking their sweet time about all of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    This is my main aggravation with the sole 'app store' model. Users are basically at the whims/mercy of whomever is approving and the whole approval process.

Isn't there any other way to sideload apps if Palm is taking their sweet time about all of this?
    I'm fine with having an application store. It saves developers (like me!) time and money to process credit card transactions, host the application, and advertise it.

But I do agree that, to be in the best interest of the consumer, there should always be an alternative. There should also be little to no restrictions (I may not want an adults only application but why should I stop others from buying / downloading them?).

As far as I know there will never be an "official" alternative to installing applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    iphone Speedtser App is one cool Google maps add on..

iphone cool app SPEEDSTER featured on 5:00 news
    1- this app has nothing to do with google maps
    2- an app like this would be seriously simple to program
    3- doesn't exactly get rave reviews
    4- does this do anything the sprint nav doesn't do, other than keep a speed record?
    Apps do matter. Apps success will be equally important to this phones success because without apps, you basically have a 'phone.' Of course many here will be patient because they accept that they are 'early adopters' and this is 1.0.

In the real world though and the bulk of customers that they are shooting for (the ones that like 'bing, bing, bing' ads)... they dont know what 'early adopter' means and if did, they wouldnt accept it or care if its 1.0... if you have a product, they want it going head-to-head with the competition right now.

Tiger Woods IPhone Golf Game Staves Off Defections to Palm Pre - Bloomberg.com

I fully disagree, and I have about 4 friends who all have a pre and as soon as the Touch Pro 2 with sprint released they are all including me going to switch to that phone unless there are allot more apps available on the pre by then. All of us enjoy WebOS allot more then Windows mobile but due to the lack of apps we are going to switch.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post

A Simple How-to Guide for getting homebrew apps onto your Pre (after 1.0.4)

It is a very easy process. I've installed a dozen or so homebrew apps. Follow the procedure above and you, too, can walk the hallways of your office and randomly amuse your co-workers with the sweet sounds of PreBrewFarts.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    A METAPHOR: The Pre is like an new, awesome digital music player with a proprietary format and 30 songs preloaded on to it that I don't really like or want.
    I find the majority of the existing apps to be quite useful. Hoping for additional functionality to them soon.

But of course I would love MORE apps.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The "pre-run" or "pre-tracker" app works great for telling speed/altitude/long/lat :shrug: