Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    has anyone or can anyone try to install Seven and see if it works. I use it for work and would need it to be compatible. according to the seven website it says "Palm OS 5.x (for example: Palm Treo 680, 700p, 755p, Centro)" I know the Pre has webos but classic is supposed to help bridge that gap. Can someone try it? Ill upload the installer if someone woudl try it for me Ide love it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hey remlle,

We replied to your email, but here are the results for the rest of community:

Basically, we made an exception and tested this for you (we’re not really in a position to try all the apps, you probably understand why).

The installation process cannot be completed due to app’s attempt to communicate with the server (apparently via SMS), so there is some sort of glitch.

Also, this can be addressed on developer’s side, through Classic Certification Program. And we are here for all the questions and assistance needed.

Hopefully your favorite gets to work in Classic soon!
    I too was hoping for Seven to run on Classic, and after checking with Seven support, it seems they have no current plans to develop the app for WebOS, let alone modify the existing PalmOS client for the Pre.

Seems like either MotionApps needs to support SMS within Classic, or something else. Either way, Classic is turning into a major disappointment for me, and it's prevented me from buying a Pre.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    SMS is supported within Classic, through some third party apps with current version and will be supported within default Contacts app in the next version. Internet connection is supported, if an app needs to access it from Classic. Tech Specs are available at Classic for webOS - Technical Specifications - MotionApps, and it is good to check the facts before getting disappointed.

Communication with the server via SMS was the issue as per our report stated above. This might be only a minor change, but can be implemented only by developer.
    Here are couple more votes to get Sprint Mobile Email ( a customized version of Seven Corp Email for Sprint ) to work under classics. Basically, our IT department doesn't support the new exchange email sync in Palm Pre and will not be going forward. So my option ( as well as several of my colleagues ) are limited to Blackberry or Palm OS devices via Sprint Mobile Email. Needless to say neither of them is appealing.

Please post in this forum whenever Seven Corp email starts working in classics as I am no longer in the trial period and will not be able to keep testing. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Classic By Motion apps,
    do you knwo when this next version will be available and when I Can retest to see if the problem has been fixed?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Just tried it again. Looks like it fails at receiving data.

There seems to be 2 problems with this app.

1. The inability to receive an SMS reply
    2. There is no email client in classic to retrieve the mail into

Anyone know how to get the standard mail client installed into Classic?
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    Just tried it again. Looks like it fails at receiving data.

There seems to be 2 problems with this app.

1. The inability to receive an SMS reply
    2. There is no email client in classic to retrieve the mail into

Anyone know how to get the standard mail client installed into Classic?
    Ahh... Seven is the email client, which is installed on the Palm OS (classic).

Crossing fingers that Classic 2.0 will solve the SMS bug related to running Seven.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Ahh... Seven is the email client, which is installed on the Palm OS (classic).

Crossing fingers that Classic 2.0 will solve the SMS bug related to running Seven.
    I didn't realize that. I did try installing seven to a centro and using resco backup doing a backup and a restore to the palm pre classic. But it didn't work. Just froze classic at the white screen of death when trying to start seven.

Is there any sms app for palmos that might work in classic? Anybody know what file seven looks at that says it received the SMS? I could try copying that file from my activated centro.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    This is a major disappointment. I just tried Sprint Mobile Email after downloading the upgrade to 2.0. Looks like the SMS issue has not been resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackchen9 View Post
    This is a major disappointment. I just tried Sprint Mobile Email after downloading the upgrade to 2.0. Looks like the SMS issue has not been resolved.
    Just as we said before in this thread, the SMS issue is not something we can resolve on our side, otherwise we would have done it.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog